Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 103. (Read 316457 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Ideas:

Trade:
 - Remove the "Calculate" button. The costs and fee seem to update anyway.

- Add an option to fill the maximum quantity to buy or the quantity to sell based on balance or number of shares. I.e. balance is 23 BTC, the price you entered is 4 BTC, so this option should return an amount of 5. When selling, it's simply the total amount of sellable shares.

Details:
 - Some visual feedback of the state of a motion would be nice: "starting soon", "in progress", "passed", "declined"

Smiley
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
burnside,

Please check your private messages for a message from me. I cannot login to my account. Thanks.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi burnside.
My account is locked because I tried to login with wrong password to many times. What must I do to unlock it again?

IIRC, wait 15 minutes and try again.
What does IIRC mean? I have waited 1 hour now and it is still locked.

The login lockout is several hours.  Can you try again now?

Cheers.

Thanks it works now!

I have another question: I have locked my withrawel to my btc24 account ( which is kind of out of business ), is it possible to change this adres?
legendary
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Feature request / Bugfix:

When I do Quick Fill, it should show the actual total to fill all orders between the first and last from where I clicked. Currently it only shows: X * exact-Quick-Fill-order-share-price

This is a known issue.  It's in the todo list to make the order placement interface aware of the order book when making estimates.  I plan to setup an ajax request for the calculation because it drives me batty too.  Wink

In the meantime, note that the values that pop up when hovering over the fill button are accurate.  (they DO take into account all of the asks/bids up to that point.)

Cheers.
legendary
Hi burnside.
My account is locked because I tried to login with wrong password to many times. What must I do to unlock it again?

The login lockout is several hours.  Can you try again now?

Cheers.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Feature request / Bugfix:

When I do Quick Fill, it should show the actual total to fill all orders between the first and last from where I clicked. Currently it only shows: X * exact-Quick-Fill-order-share-price
legendary
Here's the code I mentioned earlier on IRC:

http://dpaste.com/hold/1197404/

Just change the credentials at the top.  This requires python 2.7 with a couple of dependencies (you'll get errors if they aren't there, just use pip to install them)

This takes the consumer key and consumer secret and generates the other tokens.  It will ask you to visit in the browser and grab the verification string, like you have been doing, then paste it back to the app to generate your oauth client secret.  You should save those, since this authorization is only needed once and you can skip the verification steps in the future if you have these stored.

I also put in an example of using the credentials to call the get_portfolio method to return your info.

I'm actually having the exact opposite problem.  It seems like the api is treating ALL callback_url as if they are oob.  I place an url into the callback_url parameter, but it never hits my callback url.

The python code is working fine for me, so I assume it must be an issue with the oauth package i was using (http://godoc.org/github.com/garyburd/go-oauth/oauth) and not with BTC-TC.

Whew.  One less thing to worry about.  Wink  Thank you for the update!
inh
Activity: 155

Really? I haven't had any luck at all. I can fetch the URL to approve application access to my account, and when I approve it the page reloads again, this time with the verification string in the URL. When I take that string and try to use it in my program, the website API says that it's invalid. I'll see if I can find some other oauth code to work with and test it out, the stuff I'm using has worked fine on other sites but maybe something is off with the way it works with btct.co.

Just change the credentials at the top.  This requires python 2.7 with a couple of dependencies (you'll get errors if they aren't there, just use pip to install them)

This takes the consumer key and consumer secret and generates the other tokens.  It will ask you to visit in the browser and grab the verification string, like you have been doing, then paste it back to the app to generate your oauth client secret.  You should save those, since this authorization is only needed once and you can skip the verification steps in the future if you have these stored.

I also put in an example of using the credentials to call the get_portfolio method to return your info.

I'm actually having the exact opposite problem.  It seems like the api is treating ALL callback_url as if they are oob.  I place an url into the callback_url parameter, but it never hits my callback url.

The python code is working fine for me, so I assume it must be an issue with the oauth package i was using (http://godoc.org/github.com/garyburd/go-oauth/oauth) and not with BTC-TC.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Hi burnside.

If I Remember Correctly
Hi burnside.

Activity: 89
burnside i sent you a PM, please check,
Thanks.
Activity: 194
Hi burnside.

Hi burnside.
legendary
Back to normal for a couple of minutes, then errors again. :O

I can't seem to post orders:

Code:
Received Ask Order: 3 @ 2.579 BTC

Excessive wait trying to get lock on ASICMINER-PT.

Of course it had to happen while I was on a plane.  heh.

There's per-asset locking to maintain integrity in the system.  (eg, so only one trade goes through at a time, or so the order book doesn't get changed mid-trade.)  Unfortunately there are still some situations where something fails, and the lock does not get removed.  With the site in beta, I have to carefully inspect the logs when these failures happen, then address the issues in code.  In this case, I believe it was an uncaught exception while talking to bitcoind on a trade.  I've plugged in some code to address it.  Hopefully that helps prevent it in the future.

Cheers.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Back to normal for a couple of minutes, then errors again. :O

I can't seem to post orders:

Code:
Received Ask Order: 3 @ 2.579 BTC

Excessive wait trying to get lock on ASICMINER-PT.
Activity: 97

Really? I haven't had any luck at all. I can fetch the URL to approve application access to my account, and when I approve it the page reloads again, this time with the verification string in the URL. When I take that string and try to use it in my program, the website API says that it's invalid. I'll see if I can find some other oauth code to work with and test it out, the stuff I'm using has worked fine on other sites but maybe something is off with the way it works with btct.co.

Activity: 9

I think someone mentioned before that it probably should be displayed the other way around.

Strike - Premium = Price, instead of what it is right now with Strike + Premium = Price

There's a few places I need to fix that.

Wut???

Those two statements aren't equivalent.

I think he meant "cost" instead of "price".

By the way: I can't place orders on the ASICMINER-PT, it keeps timing out because of a lock?
Activity: 47

I think someone mentioned before that it probably should be displayed the other way around.

Strike - Premium = Price, instead of what it is right now with Strike + Premium = Price

There's a few places I need to fix that.

Wut???

Those two statements aren't equivalent.
inh
Activity: 155
Burnside, would it be possible to have the oauth verifier not expire when the page for a specific token is called again? I can browse to https://btct.co/authorize?oauth_token=c6da005d45642ba73589e37444304412020f36bc with my browser, and approve it, but then it reloads the same page with the oauth verifier token appended to the URL and when I use that verifier the API tells me it's already invalid Sad

I hate to say it but that confused me pretty good.  Wink  Something tells me though that if it doesn't invalidate it the first time around, it may be open to replay attacks?

I don't think so. Each time you visit the URL, for example
Code:
https://btct.co/authorize?oauth_token=c6da005d45642ba73589e37444304412020f36bc

and approve the access request, it returns the verification code in the form of a URL like
Code:
https://btct.co/authorize?oauth_token=c6da005d45642ba73589e37444304412020f36bc&oauth_verifier=

Each time I grant access, a NEW verifier string is generated, and the old one is invalidated. The problem is that once I approve access, the page redirects to
Code:
https://btct.co/authorize?oauth_token=c6da005d45642ba73589e37444304412020f36bc&oauth_verifier=
and it prompts for access again. If I just ignore the request and paste the verifier string from the URL in to my program, it comes back with this error:

Code:
OAuth server status 401, oauth_problem=verifier_invalid

Hope that helps clears things up. What I think is happening is whenever the page is called, the program invalidates any credentials used for the token in the request URL, so when the page refreshes, BAM, the verifier string in the URL is already invalid.

When you grant access, it should redirect back to your callback page, correct?  Is this the oob situation we were discussing earlier?  No callback causes it to call itself again?  With the DDoS issues lately I haven't had any time to fix the oob functionality.  It's high on the list though.

Correct. When I pass 'oob' for the callback, the webpage reloads itself as the callback URL.

When you grant access, it should redirect back to your callback page, correct?  Is this the oob situation we were discussing earlier?  No callback causes it to call itself again?  With the DDoS issues lately I haven't had any time to fix the oob functionality.  It's high on the list though.

I think oob is working okay.  At least, I've been able to register and retrieve working credentials with it.

Activity: 97

I think oob is working okay.  At least, I've been able to register and retrieve working credentials with it.
Jump to: