Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 119. (Read 316467 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Sorry for this may be being an offtopic. I was wondering what are the possibilities of BTC-TC following the same way as GLBSE did. Is it a real possibility ?

burnside isnt Nefario  Smiley. You can tell from the way the site is coded and the fact you get ownership details emailed to you every 12 hours.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Sorry for this may be being an offtopic. I was wondering what are the possibilities of BTC-TC following the same way as GLBSE did. Is it a real possibility ?

The site could definitely go away if government entities come after me.  I've guarded against this every way I can legally with the creation of the company offshore and technically with the open access of the lists to the asset issuers.

A GLBSE meltdown where no one knows who owns what will definitely not be repeated.

Cheers.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
BTCT.CO automatically issues a shareholder report to asset issuers every 12hrs so even if the exchange disappeared overnight the GLBSE fiasco would not be repeated. Asset issuers would have only to check their inbox for a list of email addresses to contact with share information.
Activity: 153
Activity: 182
Any chance you will ever offer Cognitive as a pass thru on LTC-Global burnie?

burnie. lol.  Wink

There's no point to me doing one.  Garr has an official one up already at https://www.litecoinglobal.com/security/COGNITIVE-PT Wink

Cheers.

so i am blind...sorry sir..  ahh i remember now....it was still outta my price that's why I forgot Smiley

But how about a ASICMiner then you gonna set that up I guess?

No problem.

On the ASICMINER, it's definitely a possibility.  We'll see how the BTCTC one does.

Cheers.

Waiting in line for BTCTC.
legendary

burnie. lol.  Wink

There's no point to me doing one.  Garr has an official one up already at https://www.litecoinglobal.com/security/COGNITIVE-PT Wink

Cheers.

so i am blind...sorry sir..  ahh i remember now....it was still outta my price that's why I forgot Smiley

No problem.

On the ASICMINER, it's definitely a possibility.  We'll see how the BTCTC one does.

Cheers.

burnie. lol.  Wink

Cheers.

legendary

burnie. lol.  Wink

There's no point to me doing one.  Garr has an official one up already at https://www.litecoinglobal.com/security/COGNITIVE-PT Wink

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
Also have you ever thought of dropping all fees for listing orders and have the people who buy into orders pay all the fee instead.  I think this would encourage traders to put up more listings and improve fluidity.  It's also what the GLBSE did IIRC.

That's a good question.  I have thought about it.  GLBSE when I first started using it did it this way, then it seems like later on it was silently changed to both sides paying.  I remember being pretty pissed when I realized this because I'd stupidly been placing orders that I could have executed right away for just a few satoshi's difference.

It doesn't necessarily have to be all or nothing.  It could be 0.1% to place an order on the book and 0.3% to execute for instance.  That might be a more balanced approach and still encourage more use of the order book.

What does everyone else think?  Would it really have the intended effect of better liquidity?

I am for it.

1. It will bring bid and ask prices closer and improve liquidity.
2. When you make a bid or ask, you are incurring an extra hidden cost because you are giving anyone the option to fill your order at any time, and that option is worth something. Removing the fee for making a bid or ask mitigates that loss.
legendary
I've setup an ASICMINER passthru.

https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT

Please vote if you are able.  Wink
legendary
The OAuth API now supports internal coin transfers.  Smiley

Cheers.
legendary
This is messed up. Now I have nothing to do.

doh, it's Friday night man!

Wink

The HDD filled up on the backend server.  I had to purge some backups to make some room.  If you sent a deposit, it should come in shortly as the daemon catches up with the chain.

Cheers.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
It's back up now.
cron script might have run every on every :30 ?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
It's back up now.
Activity: 154
Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future
This is messed up. Now I have nothing to do.
Activity: 532
Yeah LTC-Global is down too.  Seems like the problem is accessing his backend server to check balances - you can view and navigate the site fine if you aren't logged in (try it in a different browser and you'll see) but soon as you login it fails.
Activity: 518
hey  something is up i try to log in i get   

Error:

Xcoind backend failure in getbalance at 774

Same here.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
hey  something is up i try to log in i get   

Error:

Xcoind backend failure in getbalance at 774

legendary
Also have you ever thought of dropping all fees for listing orders and have the people who buy into orders pay all the fee instead.  I think this would encourage traders to put up more listings and improve fluidity.  It's also what the GLBSE did IIRC.

That's a good question.  I have thought about it.  GLBSE when I first started using it did it this way, then it seems like later on it was silently changed to both sides paying.  I remember being pretty pissed when I realized this because I'd stupidly been placing orders that I could have executed right away for just a few satoshi's difference.

It doesn't necessarily have to be all or nothing.  It could be 0.1% to place an order on the book and 0.3% to execute for instance.  That might be a more balanced approach and still encourage more use of the order book.

What does everyone else think?  Would it really have the intended effect of better liquidity?

As a quick note, how would this impact DRIP purchases when they can't be immediately fulfilled? I'd assume placed on the orderbook for someone else to pay the higher fee on?

The DRIP behavior right now is that it continues to build up until it sees an order fitting the existing DRIP criteria, in which case the trade gets executed.  When it was first setup I had considered having it place orders, rather than just waiting, but I wasn't sure that was a good idea.  It would have to place the order at the max you specify you're willing to pay and when there's not a lot of volume you would potentially end up overpaying.

Thinking about it though, it's probably better to have the DRIP place orders, because then someone might fill them, you never know.  Plus then the currency would be on reserve and you wouldn't be quite as likely to forget that the DRIP is in place and doing it's thing.

Jump to: