Pages:
Author

Topic: btc value and currency inflations - page 6. (Read 928 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
October 21, 2020, 12:00:40 PM
Are you talking about price or value? Both are different things, value depends on the community for bitcoin and price depend on the exchange rates. It's true if bitcoin loses price rapidly then the community would be regret, as a result, Bitcoin would lose its value. I don't think USD will be devalued, but if in case it happens, then Bitcoin value would reduce as well. Because eventually, we measure bitcoin price with USD. On the other hand, USDT will lose value at the same time. But not sure if its effect on USDT price. Overall I want to say, in the end, we need to cash out our bitcoin, so if fiat like USD loses its value then we can't expect a high value for Bitcoin as well, it's not a matter of price. When bitcoin's price increase against USD means USD losing price against bitcoin when Bitcoin dump hardly means Bitcoin losing price against USD.
Activity: 532
Merit: 104
October 21, 2020, 11:48:28 AM
I think the value of the US dollars will be stable because they are highly liquid and are stockpiled by large nations and large corporations as assets. The dollar will depreciate but to the extent that it represents America's economy.
In addition to trading Bitcoin with the dollar, we also see trading Bitcoin with other currencies like Yen, Renminbi, Euro, British Pound ...
If the dollar loses its value, then the other currencies will help balance the value and the Bitcoin / Dollar will rise in value.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
October 21, 2020, 10:51:41 AM
USD will never become worthless as long as there are still people who want to live in the US and I tell you, there are plenty.

At least not the physical USD notes. I am not sure about the banks though.

USDT is a lot different story...

BTC's value is whatever you believe it is.

Do you believe btc's value is $12k because some exchange tells you?

BTC's real value for you is the price that'd make you cash em all out.

Nothing else. From which price would you cash out? $100k? That means your price is $100k for a coin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 14
October 21, 2020, 10:45:43 AM
lets say usa dollar and all currencies will be highly devalued .....then how we know the btc value??

most traders use USDT so if something happens with usa dollar is my USDT Will be worthless over night?
Pages:
Jump to: