Pages:
Author

Topic: BTCOracle : Bet on the future price of bitcoin ! - page 5. (Read 8483 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Anyway if it happens coinbase dont work with our site we will refund you and put a warning on the website.

I am kinda busy right now I hope you dont mind if I do that later in the day. I ll keep you updated.
When there is a bitcoin transaction, it can occur from several address, in that case you sent it from the following 2 addresses :

14S7fmQLAhjKxE6F5UejUyxVzqXYyktkoQ (0.00239661 BTC - Sortie)
19f2FYTftZpEjDsu1TKvnzTiuD6X1kZxjb (0.14307538 BTC - Sortie)

We have absolutely no way to know which address you want us to send the money to, so in that case we sent it to the first in the list.

What client are you using ?

In my opinion the default client is really bad, he keeps creating useless changes address and messing everything up.

----

I gotta look how coinbase does it. I ll investigate.
Maybe it use address that have multiple origins where some of those are not yours. In that case then you should NOT use coinbase.

I definitly recommend blockchain.info as an online wallet. clean & not messy (ie does not create ton of useles address like the default bitcoind)
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I'm nobody.
ok I took a further look at it and I believe you sent back to a wrong address? You can see here my other 0.07321999 bet which I won: https://blockchain.info/address/19f2FYTftZpEjDsu1TKvnzTiuD6X1kZxjb

could be wrong. I don't really understand all this shit.
I'm nobody.
Ok here is your bet if I am correct.

14S7fmQLAhjKxE6F5UejUyxVzqXYyktkoQ   0.01307538   30 Apr 2013 17:38:48   $ 139   30 Apr 2013 20:38:48   $ 135.3      denied   1.95   0.01307538

as you can see;

this is your bet :

https://blockchain.info/tx/8cab2c62a60f80ace4d0eb53a21b4fc46024a915995bc3e629126f18d1a34e2f

and this is our "sendback" :

https://blockchain.info/tx/b32c1880bfc158f31d5f2cc178fa9f8a9014a820ec3860827fabf845e3c09a8e

Hopefully thats helped. Maybe we sent the coin to one of your change address ?

I guess my address changed some how. I don't know how that happened. All I know is I sent from coinbase and didn't get anything back.

This was my second and 3 bets I made on your site.
1st one bet .07 and won
2nd denied and got nothing back
3rd lost the bet
I did everything the same way each time through coinbase.

Do you manually send payments or is it done automatically? My first win took many hours after I won to receive.
Ok here is your bet if I am correct.

14S7fmQLAhjKxE6F5UejUyxVzqXYyktkoQ   0.01307538   30 Apr 2013 17:38:48   $ 139   30 Apr 2013 20:38:48   $ 135.3      denied   1.95   0.01307538

as you can see;

this is your bet :

https://blockchain.info/tx/8cab2c62a60f80ace4d0eb53a21b4fc46024a915995bc3e629126f18d1a34e2f

and this is our "sendback" :

https://blockchain.info/tx/b32c1880bfc158f31d5f2cc178fa9f8a9014a820ec3860827fabf845e3c09a8e

Hopefully thats helped. Maybe we sent the coin to one of your change address ?
I'm nobody.
I fucked up and sent less than .02, forgetting completely about the min bet. Do you send it back or what? ..

Yes there is a denied mechanism and we send them back after the bet close.

I did not get it back. 0.01307538 BTC @ April 30, 2013, at 08:38am PDT (according to coinbase)
Wow! That was like a bad beat in poker. If my trade registered on your system 3 seconds later, I would have won. It's so retarded, I know BTC prices are going up but this short term 3-hour windows bullshit is impossible to trade on.

Good luck, I'm not playing anymore, fuck that. The margin of error is too big on short term trading. Reminds me of currency trading, you get a margin call and then right after you get wiped out, it goes your direction no problem. It's not that I make sensible trades, but more that the system is designed to profit off my losses. Dumb thing to waste my time on.

Yes, 3 hours prediction can be quite gambling.
As it was a beta we restriced ourself to something fast to have feedback and see the system running without having to wait weeks.
We will try to add longer timeframes as soon as possible to allow people to make less "coinflips" trades. Hopefully 1 week bets or more will suit your needs better.

I am sorry that you got unlucky but thanks anyway for trying us :-)

I fucked up and sent less than .02, forgetting completely about the min bet. Do you send it back or what? ..

Yes there is a denied mechanism and we send them back after the bet close.

By the way, I ran a spellcheck on your FAQ page for you:

Thanks !

To be honest it was written very fast and I did not proof read it afterwards, and we are now working 200% of our time on all the issues and new features. I ll definitly get it another look asap.

As well sorry for missing the topics, I have two topics on bitcointalk and I have "F5" them for like 2 days and nothing happened so I kinda forgot about them Wink)))

It seems that your game is open to exploitation.  If I'm planning to sell 100k BTC soon, and know that the price will drop at least a little as a result, I can profit very nicely from your site by betting that the price will go down.  I can even tell everyone I know and have them all place multiple 1 BTC bets with you.  What do you do in such a situation?

Well, the first thing I can tell you is that we will do "nothing" and honor everything.
Yes, you can game us. We even encourage you to try as we are trying to know the bottlenecks of our system.

We will never have a human decision as it is not fair. All decision are taken automatically, with fairest neutral sources (datas from mtgox and timestamp from blockchain). It is the only way to be fair.

As monitor such "abuse" case is pretty impossible, the only solution I see we have is not to make it worth your while. Either by odds or because the amounts are not strong enough.

In your example, betting 1 bitcoin is clearly meaningless compared to dropping 100k btc. I doubt you will care to bet in such a situation.

Thats why we probably will never able to accept 500 bitcoins bets or such, especially on a short time frame.
If you suspect that two bets are from the same person, will you cancel the bets?

We will NEVER cancel a bet. If the bet is "invalid" it is denied, else every bets will be honored. Even if that cost us money.

Our odds system is supposed to be our protection against "spam" bets.
If you bet 10 btc on a short succession you'll get very bad odds on the last ones.

Feel free to play exactly as you like.

Of course we plan to accept huge bets and volume at a latter point, just not now as we are proof testing our idea.
How does the maximum bet work?  Can I send multiple 1 BTC payments in a single transaction to exceed the maximum?  Or do I have to make multiple transactions from different addresses?

Yes you can. We have anyway no way to verify thats it is the same person so it is possible.

And we are totally fine with it, you can do that if you want. You can even bet 10 btc from the same address if thats your choice.

Our protection works by lowering odds if necessary. If there is a dangerous amount of coin for us then after a few 1 btc bets you'll probably see the odds getting offered going down.
I think, this is a really unique idea. Is there also such an site for LTC?

Yes, we plan to make a LTC release Smiley))

Thats not top priority for us tho, but definitly once we are kinda satisfied with everything we propose for bitcoins and there is no remaining bugs etc, we will propose the same for LTC
only problem I see with your system is that there may be a delay in receiving the bitcoins and by that time, the dynamics of the market have changed from the moment the users decides to bet, and that is an annoyance for me personally.

The delay is part of the game. That said, I would prefer one hour delay than 3 hours.

We plan to implement a lot more time period during the next release in a few weeks. 15 mins will probably be a total crapshot or exploitable by the right people but we will try it anyway. We plan to release the "beta v2" with 15 mins / 3 hours / 12 housr / 1 day / 1 week.
only problem I see with your system is that there may be a delay in receiving the bitcoins and by that time, the dynamics of the market have changed from the moment the users decides to bet, and that is an annoyance for me personally.

Hello,

Yes there is.

I dont see any way to go around it. Maybe there is, but there is no way to know the exact time you decide to bet, except with when the bets was propagated on the network.

Edit: Actually since we are using blockchain.info as "trustee" to estimate the betting time, if you bet FROM a blockchain.info wallet the bet is actually real time, ie there is no delay between the time you send and the time the timestamp is registered on blockchain.info.

Maybe we whould advertise bets from blockchain.info wallets as being real time !!!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
I don't have to "try" to say anything. I said exactly what I meant to say.

OK.  I found your message hard to understand.  Most of it seemed to be anger that you lost your gamble with a little paranoia/magical thinking thrown in.

The bit where you said "It's not that I make sensible trades" struck me as the exact opposite of what you intended, but I guess not.
I'm nobody.
Wow! That was like a bad beat in poker. If my trade registered on your system 3 seconds later, I would have won. It's so retarded, I know BTC prices are going up but this short term 3-hour windows bullshit is impossible to trade on.

Good luck, I'm not playing anymore, fuck that. The margin of error is too big on short term trading. Reminds me of currency trading, you get a margin call and then right after you get wiped out, it goes your direction no problem. It's not that I make sensible trades, but more that the system is designed to profit off my losses. Dumb thing to waste my time on.

I think what he's trying to say is that he would like you to offer longer term bets than just the 3 hour ones.

I don't have to "try" to say anything. I said exactly what I meant to say.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

I think what he's trying to say is that he would like you to offer longer term bets than just the 3 hour ones.
I'm nobody.

I'm nobody.
Pages:
Jump to: