Pages:
Author

Topic: BTCRecover says my blockchain.com password as wrong even though I know its right - page 2. (Read 247 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
While I checked, BTCrecoverer has similar kind of issue since 2019 and the developer is no more updating anything for the past 7 years this is likely to be persists.

Password search exhausted for known password

Try running listpass which still works.

Your linked Github issue points to an old fork of btcrecover which is no longer updated. Op should try this fork: https://github.com/3rdIteration/btcrecover which has probably solved this old problem but I don't know for sure whether they did.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
While I checked, BTCrecoverer has similar kind of issue since 2019 and the developer is no more updating anything for the past 7 years this is likely to be persists.

Password search exhausted for known password

Try running listpass which still works.

If you still can't able to recover then try walletrecoveryservices their services which is the only legitimate recovering service that exists here.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Hi,

I have a problem with one wallet. I lost the blockchain.com password and a seed phrase was never created, but I have a fair idea of what the password could be. I used btcrecover to get the wallet.aes.json file and run a few token lists on it to no success. However, I recently tried another blockchain account of mine and I was able to access it with password. Out of curiosity, I ran btcrecover on the second wallet with token lists and password lists which should both have found the password - as I entered it in both lists - but btcrecover finished the search without finding the password. That makes me think that all of the searches I have run on the first wallet were wasted as btcrecover seems not to acknowledge the correct password even when it is in the lists. Is anyone familiar with this problem or have any recommendations? Both wallets were created in 2015/16. I would greatly appreciate any help on this. I would love to get btcrecover to register the right password on the second wallet so I know it works and can be confident in running the searches on the first wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: