Pages:
Author

Topic: BTCTALK CARDS - The Real-time Custom Cards for Bitcointalk Members - page 3. (Read 1736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
Ummmm... I think your BitcoinTalk card generator might have been haxxed:

Shocked Shocked Shocked  Huh Huh Huh  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perhaps you need to double check the "random" avatars... #justSayin Wink

Haha, loaded some random 10-12 pictures, didn't look those thoroughly.
But you can't deny ETH image is better than white banner! Don't know why will someone choose bitcointalk avatar when he/she doesn't have one!  Huh

Does the 100 mean that my card is the strongest?  Tongue

Yes! It means you're the most popular member here as per present popularity score. But soon gonna edit it to depict better result and you may slide down to 90-95 and theymos will be only 100 after new changes.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Ummmm... I think your BitcoinTalk card generator might have been haxxed:

Shocked Shocked Shocked  Huh Huh Huh  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perhaps you need to double check the "random" avatars... #justSayin Wink
legendary
Nice card designs! One thing though, can MERTS be changed to MERIT?

MERIT instead of MERTS makes the text out of alignment making it looks less cool. I tried everything but still 1px difference will be there either between MERIT: and value or between left border and MERIT:. That 1px is making whole card look out of order, that's why I am sticking with MERTS even though I don't like it too.

Just had a thought that I didn't make my own card, here's the one:
BASIC Cool
Activity: 2016
Merit: 531
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
Nice card designs! One thing though, can MERTS be changed to MERIT?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
Why not request xhomerx10, he might create one for you. Smiley
Since I'm not really active at WO Thread and only following some random post and discussion there.

I feels shy to request that. However, he created the 10th-anniversary hat everyone can use that maybe i will wear those hats.

I found some tutorials creating hat at meta, but since i don't really have editing skills. My hat quality and the graphic was really bad, i decide to deleted my own hat xD.
legendary

The site uses sessions to create card. Firstly, details such as bitcointalk id, your chosen specifications for card are saved in a session, then script uses that session to create the card. But since site doesn't record/save any user sessions (because I am believer of decentralization Cheesy), the sessions are user-specific, in other words card can only be viewed on your computer. Hence we can't see your card from link above.
Also you won't see the card now because sessions are terminated when connection is abrupt or browser is closed.
legendary
Hi @webtricks,

I created my card successfully but I can not download it as image file. The file I download is in .php. Can you guide me more how to download card as an image, please.

Hello,
You must download card directly from the 'Download Card' button on step2 page once your card is generated.
The image is converted into PHP format if you click 'Display in browser' button.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Hi @webtricks,

I created my card successfully but I can not download it as image file. The file I download is in .php. Can you guide me more how to download card as an image, please.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
MrStork Exchange Service
Literally, opened a thread about maybe getting a trading card game off the ground. If something like this could be created for physical cards then I think that would be pretty neat. The only issue with this is all the cards would have to be custom designed, and would need to avoid using copyrighted images.

Any plans on creating physical cards of these?

I have no plans to go for physical cards. Maybe someone else can decide to make these come alive. If anyone else can take initiative, I can provide all that required for making cards worth collectible - like more neat design, holographic design, etc.

if someone is trying to make a physical card, for information such as Post, Activity, Merit, Rank, Reputation and BFF. need to be replaced with BARCODE which will go directly to the profile link or Digital Card. Because post info, ativity, merit etc. will keep changing.

As an example of the membership card design that I made this.

legendary
Cool Cool Cool
Thanks for this project. I also made myself a card. I really liked

Glad you liked it. By the way, nice card! Wink

Trying to create my own card.

The title only shows up for numeric & alphabet word, i try to add a Japanese word from my personal text but it doesn't show up. I think add a preview at the bottom would be good, we can see the preview of the card before generating the card. Anyway, would you also add "Hat Generator" at the future like the WO family? I want to create my own hat since i can't do a photoshop its a bit hard for me created my personal hats xD.

It won't show Japanese because it's a custom font. Since I don't know Japanese, I cannot add Japanese characters, sorry. Smiley

I will see if preview could be added. Maybe possible with Javascript, will give it a try.

Umm..about hats, yeah that's possible too. But I think I shouldn't indulge in that out of homage to xhomerx10. Also it's kinda cult of hat among wall observer contributors so creating hat for every member wouldn't be appropriate and defy the purpose of hat altogether. Why not request xhomerx10, he might create one for you. Smiley
Activity: 188
Merit: 156
10th Anniversary of Bitcointalk.org Nov 22 18:04
Wink
Image 120 by 80

Image 80 to 120
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
Trying to create my own card.

The title only shows up for numeric & alphabet word, i try to add a Japanese word from my personal text but it doesn't show up. I think add a preview at the bottom would be good, we can see the preview of the card before generating the card. Anyway, would you also add "Hat Generator" at the future like the WO family? I want to create my own hat since i can't do a photoshop its a bit hard for me created my personal hats xD.
Activity: 188
Merit: 156
10th Anniversary of Bitcointalk.org Nov 22 18:04
 Cool Cool Cool
Thanks for this project. I also made myself a card. I really liked
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
I would love this, and there was an idea floating around last year or earlier this year that never got traction--which is sort of the same situation with the bitcointalk commemorative coin which has been suggested.  I think a physical set of trading cards or playing cards featuring some of the most notable members of the forum would be an incredible snapshot of what the forum is like ten years on.  You could look back on such a set years later and wonder what happened to those members or recollect fondly on a piece of history.  It's a great idea IMO.

It's probably a good way to make money for whoever makes such a set, too.  I'd sure as hell buy one, probably two.  There are some very talented designers and manufacturers in the Collectibles section, and I'm sure some of them would have no trouble making a set.  Webtricks did a great job with his design here, and I'd be happy with a card of his design (though he'd have to make a backside).
Yeah, I tried to push for the collectible coin, and was still open to it. A "big" manufacturer actually got in touch, and said they would be interested. However, when I messaged back asking for a little more details to get the ball rolling they didn't answer. Although, they didn't actually log into the forum account. So, that's a shame, and it was fairly ambitious to get it all done, and ready for the 10th anniversary. I'd definitely be willing to contribute for other significant landmarks of the forum though.

As for the cards they're definitely a lot less ambitious, and easier to do. Deciding on a business model for the cards is probably the hardest. The most fun way would be to have random packs, but I just don't think there would be enough interest. So, making cards for the top 100 recognized using the BPIP's data with Vod's permission would likely be the best idea. Designing these cards with holographic card, and colouring them based on their position within the 100 would probably be better considering the costs.

Literally, opened a thread about maybe getting a trading card game off the ground. If something like this could be created for physical cards then I think that would be pretty neat. The only issue with this is all the cards would have to be custom designed, and would need to avoid using copyrighted images.

I have no plans to go for physical cards. Maybe someone else can decide to make these come alive. If anyone else can take initiative, I can provide all that required for making cards worth collectible - like more neat design, holographic design, etc.
[/quote]
That's alright. I do believe we'll eventually get some physical cards made if there seems to be enough interest.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
I would love this, and there was an idea floating around last year or earlier this year that never got traction--which is sort of the same situation with the bitcointalk commemorative coin which has been suggested.  I think a physical set of trading cards or playing cards featuring some of the most notable members of the forum would be an incredible snapshot of what the forum is like ten years on.  You could look back on such a set years later and wonder what happened to those members or recollect fondly on a piece of history.  It's a great idea IMO.

It's probably a good way to make money for whoever makes such a set, too.  I'd sure as hell buy one, probably two.  There are some very talented designers and manufacturers in the Collectibles section, and I'm sure some of them would have no trouble making a set.  Webtricks did a great job with his design here, and I'd be happy with a card of his design (though he'd have to make a backside).
legendary
Updates:
Update 1: 'Bitcoiner' has been replaced with 'Bitcointalker' on the suggestion of many members.

Update 2: Now you can add custom image on your card. Just click 'Custom Avatar' in Avatar section and paste your image url. The format of image can be PNG, JPEG or GIF.

Example for Update 2:

Pages:
Jump to: