Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTE] The Bytecoin Information Thread - page 27. (Read 79017 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
March 29, 2014, 05:59:58 PM
Interesting. Got 4-5 € in BTC around, invested in bytecoin. Now I'll wait a couple of year and see what will happen Cheesy
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 26, 2014, 12:22:18 AM
got  it
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
March 25, 2014, 07:55:07 PM
Quite a few coins are showing signs of life now bitcoin is rising.
Activity: 27
March 25, 2014, 06:17:26 PM
Is this coin coming back to life? It's up 200%.
Activity: 378
NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR
March 05, 2014, 08:40:30 AM
what happens with sha256 coins?? I'm worry
Activity: 725
Merit: 500
February 25, 2014, 02:25:47 PM
*** 0% Fee *** Stratum *** Vardiff ***

iSpace Mining Pools welcomes ByteCoin into its range of SHA256D mining pools - http://ispace.co.uk

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
February 06, 2014, 01:27:57 PM
Difficulty adjustment, now 270863.64

Power miners harvesting at low difficulty.

You may wish to sell at a loss on Cryptsy, to make the profitability lower for the power miners.

Activity: 24
February 04, 2014, 06:58:13 PM
You can now exchange Bytecoin for REAL Gold, Platinum, Palladium, and Silver @ www.MintageMasterMind.com Check it out!
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
January 30, 2014, 06:41:26 PM
sold all my bte and bought nxt with it but i still keep coming back here cuz it kind of feels like bte is my illegitimate offspring or something.

Haha yeah. It's the doppelganger.

The only copycoin that is not in denial.

Haha! This cracked me up. A Bitcoin clone that fully admits it's just a clone.

I like to think of Bytecoin as Bitcoin's evil twin.  Smiley
legendary
January 26, 2014, 11:28:02 PM
I have a very preliminary idea to deal with the ASIC burst-mine then abandon problem.

Essentially, I would fork the client so that it looks back 2016 blocks, and determines the average difficulty to mine that many blocks in that much time.  It would make a block template with that difficulty, so that when ASICs come online, the difficulty starts going up immediately.  This would reduce the incentive to burst-mine, and reduce the number of blocks in that epoch, so that the official difficulty numbers do not jump as high.

The actual difficulty specification in the mined blocks would not change.  It would appear on later analysis that a series of particularly high difficulty blocks had been mined by happenstance.

When the ASICs abandon the mining, the difficulty begins to drop back to the usual difficulty for that epoch of 2016, even if no other blocks are mined.

The difficulty would be bounded below by the difficulty that would otherwise be assigned for that block.

When only some miners are running this code, the block-chain would fork.  I assume that pirate ASIC miners would run the old blockchain.  However, the new miners would mine to their own fork and outflank the attack.

Old style wallets that are offline for a long time would use the new style chain as the longest chain and use the repaired block-chain without change.

Activity: 462
January 16, 2014, 09:10:58 PM

Does MPOS allow the payout to individual pool member addresses, in the way that eligius pays out?

Do you have a script that will git the eloipool code, do any apt install , and generally bring eloipool up in a Ubuntu virtual machine?  I have a copy that someone else had patched, and I have never finished an installation from the git source.

I'm not entirely sure with how eligius manages the payouts, but I believe the answer would be yes.. MPOS is essentially a web front end, which interfaces with a stratum mining server and requires a database installed which both MPOS and stratum use to track users accounts and shares. Payouts are automated and on a per-user basis.

I currently have two instances running, one privately for my farm and I recently opened one up for a newer alt coin to verify my installation was good enough for public use. You can check that out here if you would like: http://198.53.169.220:4000

MPOS git is here: https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mpos
MPOS documentation is here: https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mpos/wiki/Quick-Start-Guide
you will also need to manually edit a file for proper stratum operation, detailed here: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/stratum-mining/issues/90

Otherwise, installation was fairly straight forward once I figured it out once..

I did not ever make a script to install eloipool, I too had some issues getting eloipool up and running and wound up doing manual installations each time I attempted. Do you recall where you were getting hung up? It's been a while since I used eloipool but I do still have it installed in several VM's and could take a look at my configs if you would like.
legendary
January 16, 2014, 08:58:21 PM

Ahh thank you for the info ProfMac.

I used to use eloipool as well for my private pools, but have now switched over to an MPOS setup as it allows for easier remote monitoring, and is easily opened up to the public should I choose. Since there are a few pools in operation likely there would be little demand for another option at this point, but should the interest and hash rate on BTE start coming back up I likely will get another going. My next goal is to create a general front end for MPOS which will support single user accounts but access to multiple pools for different chains. I'm not a strong developer by any means so this will likely take me some time. Mostly doing it for the fun and learning experience at this point.

Does MPOS allow the payout to individual pool member addresses, in the way that eligius pays out?

Do you have a script that will git the eloipool code, do any apt install , and generally bring eloipool up in a Ubuntu virtual machine?  I have a copy that someone else had patched, and I have never finished an installation from the git source.

January 16, 2014, 08:48:36 PM

CoinEX is both a pool and an exchange.  They support stratum mining.  stratum+tcp://stratum.coinex.pw:9022
http://bte.crypto-expert.com/ is ahmed_bodi's pool.  I believe he is moving it, perhaps he will post some details.
I have a private copy of eloipool running in a virtual machine, I am sure someone could bring another pool up running it.

Ahh thank you for the info ProfMac.

I used to use eloipool as well for my private pools, but have now switched over to an MPOS setup as it allows for easier remote monitoring, and is easily opened up to the public should I choose. Since there are a few pools in operation likely there would be little demand for another option at this point, but should the interest and hash rate on BTE start coming back up I likely will get another going. My next goal is to create a general front end for MPOS which will support single user accounts but access to multiple pools for different chains. I'm not a strong developer by any means so this will likely take me some time. Mostly doing it for the fun and learning experience at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
January 16, 2014, 08:42:58 PM
sold all my bte and bought nxt with it but i still keep coming back here cuz it kind of feels like bte is my illegitimate offspring or something.

The only copycoin that is not in denial.
legendary
January 16, 2014, 08:42:00 PM
It does seem to be one of those coins that won't go away.. hopefully for good reason Wink

I've sold some of my bytes here and there, but I'm still sitting on most of what I mined at this point. I've been experimenting with pool software yet again, and I'm considering opening a public pool for BTE again but I'm not at all sure if I would attract any users. Does anyone know if there are any BTE pools still out there running these days? Would anyone be interested in pool mining this coin again or are most of the miners here happy to do solo?

CoinEX is both a pool and an exchange.  They support stratum mining.  stratum+tcp://stratum.coinex.pw:9022
http://bte.crypto-expert.com/ is ahmed_bodi's pool.  I believe he is moving it, perhaps he will post some details.
I have a private copy of eloipool running in a virtual machine, I am sure someone could bring another pool up running it.
January 16, 2014, 08:37:00 PM
It does seem to be one of those coins that won't go away.. hopefully for good reason Wink

I've sold some of my bytes here and there, but I'm still sitting on a reasonable stash. I've been experimenting with pool software yet again, and I'm considering opening a public pool for BTE again but I'm not at all sure if I would attract any users. Does anyone know if there are any BTE pools still out there running these days? Would anyone be interested in pool mining this coin again or are most of the miners here happy to do solo?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
January 16, 2014, 08:22:40 PM

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
January 16, 2014, 08:06:20 PM
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
January 16, 2014, 08:00:09 PM
True but you have to have a large bank roll. They're greedy, once they finish you out, they're gone. They have no loyalty.
legendary
January 16, 2014, 07:55:38 PM
Isn't that similar to merged mining but much worse?¡¡ That's an attack.. there's no leveling at all!

I've been watching the situation.  The share pool changes every minute.  The pool is at https://coinex.pw/.  Register there for your worker and password, and direct your miner to stratum+tcp://stratum.coinex.pw:9944
for SHA-256 coins.

It seems to put hashpower in the high profitable coins, and many people then dump the coins, bringing the buy price down and lowering the profitability.  This seems to bring all the highest coins to a similar price --- it levels all the coins through the market.

I did place a buy order at a fairly high value yesterday, and made BTE one of the high return coins.  It was in the rotation for several hours, then someone filled my order.  The share pool's scheduler responded to an order of 1,000 coins.  I did not try smaller orders.

But once they finish the profitable orders, they are gone leaving difficulty through the roof. Merged mining is constant, stable and solid.

You can place "buy" orders and call them back to work.  You can remove "buy" orders if the difficulty appears in danger of rising.
Pages:
Jump to: