Pages:
Author

Topic: BU is closed source??? WTF? - page 2. (Read 1607 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
March 23, 2017, 10:27:27 AM
"If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they restrict the use of these programs."
-Richard Stallman
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
March 23, 2017, 10:19:59 AM
So much for a version claiming to be in support of the open source bitcoin experiment, eh? however it matters not closed or open what is important is that they will not be able to get listed as BTC on any exchange and if they're planning to double spend their coins on both chains after any possible HF then here is the bad news: price will fall literally 50% before anyone have the chance to successfully grab the free cash, then of course go ahead and double spend to your teeth you'll still going to get the same amount of fiat.
If you want to hurt bitcoin join BU and fork since market won't trust bitcoin until another 7-8 years passes.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
DopeCoin Is Here Join the Revolution!
March 23, 2017, 09:56:05 AM
Whatever our feelings on the matter to carry on is to break btcs number 1 ID decentralization, the fork in effect keeps it, a noobs opinion
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
March 23, 2017, 09:48:27 AM
Closed source, temporary or not, is a big capital sin in the crypto world. BU is dead for anyone with a brain.
Nobody can take over bitcoin and yes all those who are still supporting BU after so much bug drama must be doing it for their own personal agenda. We need to get segwit activated rather than bigger blocks with hard fork.
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
March 23, 2017, 09:44:08 AM
The fact is that with these BU closed source patches being banded about to key economically interested players, I wouldn't recommend any enthusiasts run a BU node with any UTXO's in their wallet. There is obviously some serious issues. Maybe reconsider when the source is released.
Classic is releasing some patches (largely blaming imported BU xthin code) and committing heavily to their repository.
Not checked on any recent XT developments.
Even core released a v0.10.5 and v0.11.3 patch a couple of weeks ago.

Seems like hackers are having a field day and will exploit any nodes weakness.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
March 23, 2017, 09:25:04 AM
The fact that a big chunk of mining power concentrated in the hands of few are still supporting this garbage proves that BU is a de-facto trojan horse powergrab attempt by someone with a very clear agenda.

Closed source, temporary or not, is a big capital sin in the crypto world. BU is dead for anyone with a brain.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
March 23, 2017, 09:15:06 AM
You believe that the Chinese government cares about mining?Pretty solid conspiracy theory. Grin

Their actions certainly show they care a great deal about exchanges. Miners are easily found, are making huge amounts and can't exactly go anywhere in a hurry. If they don't turn their gaze towards them now, they will in the future.

If nothing else, they'll want to know where the money is going and coming from.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
March 23, 2017, 09:12:10 AM
If you see about new BU update on reddit, they say they will release the source code later and they say BU still open source because the release is only delayed Roll Eyes
Even so, mining percentage is still dominated by BU (38.5% at time when i make this post) Roll Eyes

However, i think there's no problem since hard fork will happen and many people speculate BU will become minor chain.

There is no stopping the hardfork as well as the split of bitcoins into BTC and BTU. Hardfork codes will no longer produced bitcoin but rather a new altcoin called BTU. Even if they will become a major chain but if they are separated from the original bitcoin then there will be no impact on bitcoins. But I am still hoping that the exchanges can harmonize the bitcoin coming from segwit and BU.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
March 23, 2017, 08:58:49 AM
https://twitter.com/WhalePanda/status/844495349528055810

Call me ignorant, but I always thought BU - as shitty as it may be - did at least release the source.
They didn't? So this hostile chink BTC takeover experiment is even more blatant than I thought it to be?

Ok - I try to be as benevolent as possible. So I assume the chinese government has grabbed dem yellow miners by the balls and demands this course of action and they have no choice but to obey. My condolences for having a mining operation in China.

Rico

You believe that the Chinese government cares about mining?Pretty solid conspiracy theory. Grin
Who cares about BU being open source or closed source.BU is dying after all and this is good for all bitcoin users.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
March 23, 2017, 04:28:54 AM
Dear all
I don't know, but why not fix and create a new version
I think only BTC coin! This is best
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037
฿ → ∞
March 23, 2017, 04:12:20 AM
https://twitter.com/WhalePanda/status/844495349528055810

Call me ignorant, but I always thought BU - as shitty as it may be - did at least release the source.
They didn't? So this hostile chink BTC takeover experiment is even more blatant than I thought it to be?

Ok - I try to be as benevolent as possible. So I assume the chinese government has grabbed dem yellow miners by the balls and demands this course of action and they have no choice but to obey. My condolences for having a mining operation in China.

Rico
Pages:
Jump to: