Pages:
Author

Topic: Bubble! I've just sold!! - page 2. (Read 6289 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
March 06, 2013, 08:27:56 PM
Anyone that doesn't sell now is a retard IMO. There's a time for fundamentals and there's a time for common sense. Bitcoin is heading for the stars but not overnight. The bearish bulls shall rule in the meantime! Panic is spreading. See you at 15 where it belongs.
As a technical trader, I completely agree with you. Bitcoin has its page in the future, but not tomorrow.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
March 06, 2013, 08:24:54 PM
[deleted]
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
March 06, 2013, 08:23:48 PM
Absolutely crazy swings with a high of $49 and a low of $38 so far today
March 06, 2013, 08:20:10 PM
I sold all my coins at 36 Sad

PROTIP: That means the crash will stop at 37.

PS I hate you all.

I missed out on a $10 spread because I wasn't gready enough. And it's not like it lasted 2 mins either. Plenty of time to sell at 48, and even my mom could have seen it coming. Congrats to everyone that did.
I did at 48.5 :-) CRASH! SELL SELL SELL! Bitcoin can remain bullish in the 15-20usd range.
March 06, 2013, 08:18:56 PM
[deleted]
March 06, 2013, 08:16:43 PM
[deleted]
March 06, 2013, 08:07:06 PM
Err...back to 39. I sold at the very right time!!! Can't wait to get them back at 10USD.
March 06, 2013, 07:36:25 PM
Back down to 43! LOL. What did you expect after a 30% surge in three days?
Activity: 129
March 06, 2013, 06:04:42 PM
Congratulations!  What price did you buy in on?  What was your selling strategy?  One big order on Mt.Gox?
At about 13. I sold at 48,5. I don't care missing the top, I had other investments to fund.
And I'm warning!! The price is VERTICAL. That can't go on forever, but who knows how will the blow-off top be.

I only had like 5 bitcoins which I bought at $20 during the last bubble (I was trying to buy them at 10, but deposits took forever back then!), I did sell one at $40 in case of another price drop.  It's obviously in bubble mode now, but it's completely up in the air how high it will go, and how far back down it will fall.

If you look at http://www.blockchained.com/depth_mtgox.png, the bubble only crashes when selling volume outstrips demand (obviously).  The demand is way higher than the supply right now, so in theory the bubble has a lot more to go.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
March 06, 2013, 05:55:55 PM
Im selling too. Im going to keep half my btc for a few years no matter what, the other half is mostly sold now as I do expect a major correction. If Im wrong, then thats good news for my remaining half.  Cant lose either way.
March 06, 2013, 05:52:41 PM
Congratulations!  What price did you buy in on?  What was your selling strategy?  One big order on Mt.Gox?
At about 13. I sold at 48,5. I don't care missing the top, I had other investments to fund.
And I'm warning!! The price is VERTICAL. That can't go on forever, but who knows how will the blow-off top be.
March 06, 2013, 05:51:34 PM
Gold doesn't have intrinsic value to humans either.
It does. Would you say alluminum has intrinsic value? I'd say it has, because it is used build airplanes.
Would you say copper has intrinsic value? It has, because it is used to built circuits.
Gold and Silver have intrinsic value because it has unique phyisical properties which make it the perfect money.

You wouldn't make airplanes with iron because it is too heavy.
You wouldn't make circuits with lead because it is not conductor.
You wouldn't make money with anything else than gold and silver, because it will rot over time or need manteinance.

http://www.pointzero-trading.com/Blog/view/1
Activity: 129
March 06, 2013, 05:49:38 PM

I don't. I am using most of it to purchase a real estate property and fund future's contracts.

I also bought phyisical gold and silver. I had a load of bitcoins!

Congratulations!  What price did you buy in on?  What was your selling strategy?  One big order on Mt.Gox?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
March 06, 2013, 05:34:49 PM
Some crash, the exchange rate is still higher that it was just 12hrs ago.
March 06, 2013, 05:32:05 PM
Small profit taking. Nothing to fear. Actually I bought more today. It will break $50 no doubt so I'm nto concerned.
You sound just like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania. I have been a speculator for several years and I have a good track record. And there is something I've learnt, let someone else earn the last penny :-) I don't care if bitcoin blow-off top is 60. I made a very good profit, obtained more dry-powder to invest and I'm going again to find oversold assets.
March 06, 2013, 05:29:09 PM
why anyone would sell bitcoins to buy gold or silver i have no idea.

Well, because gold and silver, unlike bitcoin, are money. Bitcoin is electronic and convenient cash, but it is not money. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in for competitive currencies and certainly fiat currencies are a big dump. However, bitcoin cannot be regarded as money: it does not have intrinsic value and needs manteinance.

So, I sell the overbought asset and buy the oversold. It works :-)
March 06, 2013, 05:23:03 PM
Why anyone would bother replying to these threads is beyond me.

OP might have sold as little as 10 btc for all we know.
OP sold over 500btc at 48.5 for a 400% return.
And now it's crashing!!!! 43 already!!! Go for 15!!! GO GO GO!
Activity: 126
March 06, 2013, 04:07:01 PM
Cut the guy some slack here.

It's still stupid. Even if he bought in at 40, which I highly doubt, selling only 80% at 48 would have covered the investment, and the rest would be available for further long-term growth. Trying to predict peaks and then selling all is not a viable speculation strategy, and only means he's trading based on emotions. Which is stupid.

Such people are caught later, when bitcoins grows to I don't know, 100, and he re-enters with all profits, then bitcoins crash to 20 and he sells in despair, left with heavy losses. I've seen it happen Smiley Hope this particular OP would be smarter and would waste all profits on booze.

I sold 45% of my stake at 45.50 last night and recouped 120% of my initial investment. Left the remaining 55% on the exchange to ride it out. My goal at the moment is short term trading to get my USD funds up enough to buy one of these:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331429112

Or if BTC goes to the moon:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331757394

Am I doing it right? Wink

Those are both shit, If it goes way up, get a milled arsenal AK and die happy.

/I only paid $400 for my FULL AUTO AK many years ago.
//Legal too, got the tax stamps to prove it. Cheesy

If you read my post above you will see that I mentioned wanting an arsenal AK but that the price is typically out of reach. Unless I camp gunbroker all day and luck out finding someone selling one for under $1200, they seem to mostly demand $1200-$1500+. BTC would really have to go to the moon to make this reachable for me.

Also, I likely wasn't even a thought in someone's head back when you bought that. Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
March 06, 2013, 04:01:51 PM
Cut the guy some slack here.

It's still stupid. Even if he bought in at 40, which I highly doubt, selling only 80% at 48 would have covered the investment, and the rest would be available for further long-term growth. Trying to predict peaks and then selling all is not a viable speculation strategy, and only means he's trading based on emotions. Which is stupid.

Such people are caught later, when bitcoins grows to I don't know, 100, and he re-enters with all profits, then bitcoins crash to 20 and he sells in despair, left with heavy losses. I've seen it happen Smiley Hope this particular OP would be smarter and would waste all profits on booze.

I sold 45% of my stake at 45.50 last night and recouped 120% of my initial investment. Left the remaining 55% on the exchange to ride it out. My goal at the moment is short term trading to get my USD funds up enough to buy one of these:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331429112

Or if BTC goes to the moon:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331757394

Am I doing it right? Wink

Those are both shit, If it goes way up, get a milled arsenal AK and die happy.

If it goes absolutely insane the only other good investment is something like this

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=21835&query=retrieval

/I only paid $400 for my FULL AUTO AK many years ago.
//Legal too, got the tax stamps to prove it. Cheesy
Activity: 126
March 06, 2013, 03:39:25 PM

Good lord that thing must weigh a fucking ton. Hopefully you don't need to travel very far with it or I can see some accessories getting ditched a couple miles down the road. Wink

Plus Romanian WASRs are like the bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality control.

Oh, don't get me wrong, friend. I would greatly prefer one of these:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331095751

It's a question of funding, though. As always.
Pages:
Jump to: