Pages:
Author

Topic: Budget: €200 - Which miner should I buy as a beginner? - page 2. (Read 1423 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
An advantage that I have is 'free' solar power, with that in mind it might still be profitable?
How much free power do you get from solar? The requirements for any decent mining rig is too high for a normal household solar setup.
I'm still connected to the regular power network.
In total I get around 4 to 6 Kwh per day, some of which gets used, excess is sold to the power company.

An advantage that I have is 'free' solar power, with that in mind it might still be profitable?
How much free power do you get from solar? The requirements for any decent mining rig is too high for a normal household solar setup.

Hes going to need free solar.  The bad thing about Europe is the vat/import tax.  It can be a big amount.  

So prices of miners in Europe normally are higher then say US.  With 200 you might get S3 or something in Europe do some ROI math though.  I don't think you will get to much newer then S3.  But I could be wrong.  I don't think I am with how Europe is higher on miners.
I've been searching a bit and it might be a good idea for me to look for some S3's, with some luck I might be able to get two S3's for around 200 euro.
Oh right, might have to spend some more for the PSU's, I'll look for some used ones first...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Hes going to need free solar.  The bad thing about Europe is the vat/import tax.  It can be a big amount. 

So prices of miners in Europe normally are higher then say US.  With 200 you might get S3 or something in Europe do some ROI math though.  I don't think you will get to much newer then S3.  But I could be wrong.  I don't think I am with how Europe is higher on miners.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
I would advice you to start with a second hand antminer s3. They are very easy to set up and you can learn about mining etc.
When you have learned buy some bigger machines. A S7 or even an Avalon. If you have more budget go with Spondoolies Tech miners.

I think they have the best miners on the market these days.

Just that.
If your budget is around 200 you would be able to buy a S3 with PSU. Use it to learn about bitcoin mining and when you have ROI-ed buy some next generation miners.
With your knowledge you would be able to buy a very profitable setup.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I would advice you to start with a second hand antminer s3. They are very easy to set up and you can learn about mining etc.
When you have learned buy some bigger machines. A S7 or even an Avalon. If you have more budget go with Spondoolies Tech miners.

I think they have the best miners on the market these days.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I'm new to Bitcoin mining and I was wondering which miners I should buy to get started?
I would have them shipped to Belgium, so if anyone from Europe could recommend a store that offers relatively cheap shipping, that would be nice.

I'm not expecting to make huge amounts of Bitcoins with this, it just seems really interesting to get started with.

Thanks for anyone willing to offer me any advice!

I can give you a great advice; Don't buy from stores. (Most retailers have bad to insane markup) You can look at Ebay, sometimes you *can* get lucky and find a miner for cheap.

If you have free solar power you're not using or selling back to your power grid, then you could look at a S3, i think that would be the best bet with your budget and not a bad miner at all to get started.

Just keep in mind if you step up to S4, S5 or S7 etc, the noise will go from x8 to x32+

You might be able to get 2 S3 if you're lucky. Getting a S5 would be hard. S3's go for 100-120USD right now.

Better than anything else is probably going to the marketplace and try to find a buy here. And use escrow.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I'm new to Bitcoin mining and I was wondering which miners I should buy to get started?
I would have them shipped to Belgium, so if anyone from Europe could recommend a store that offers relatively cheap shipping, that would be nice.

I'm not expecting to make huge amounts of Bitcoins with this, it just seems really interesting to get started with.

Thanks for anyone willing to offer me any advice!
Pages:
Jump to: