Pages:
Author

Topic: Bug on the merit system? - page 2. (Read 809 times)

legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
December 28, 2018, 07:19:34 PM
I still can't understand how you were that fast. On my 1GBps WiFi with a brand new hexadec 4.5 GHz (16 cores) I still don't think I'd be that fast.
Its fairly plausible. Its more likely to happen by a person who's bound to use shortcuts and whose hands work faster than the brain.

Also, where the fuck do you live to get 1GBps WiFi? If you don't mind me asking, I'm guessing wales, but i don't want to assume anything.

Will this bug or whatever you wanna call it ever be patched?
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
December 28, 2018, 04:00:43 PM

The server shouldn't let you send merits on the same second, for a reason it doesn't let us make posts on that time rate, and that's the first bug. That bug could be fixed with a cooldown of 1 or 2 seconds. The second bug is on the 'Send' button, it shouldn't be clickable after we already make click.  Wink

A 1 second delay might be enough but I'm not entirely sure how you'd do it, the current implementation for the 1 second delay would mean you'd still end up refreshing your screen and double spending merit as there is a global one second delay for everything on the forum when a new page loads (other than the merit one clearly)...
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 3094
December 28, 2018, 03:52:35 PM
A cooldown of 10-30 secons would be enough i guess
The 4 seconds between reporting posts is already annoying and slowing me down!

and it wouldt harm the rapid merit senders.
See:
Code:
October 13, 2018, 09:18:22 AM: 1 to Indamuck for Re: Universal Basic Income Is Silicon Valley’s Latest Scam
October 13, 2018, 09:18:22 AM: 1 to audaciousbeing for Re: Universal Basic Income Is Silicon Valley’s Latest Scam
October 13, 2018, 09:18:22 AM: 1 to figmentofmyass for Re: Universal Basic Income Is Silicon Valley’s Latest Scam
October 13, 2018, 09:18:22 AM: 1 to KonstantinosM for Re: Universal Basic Income Is Silicon Valley’s Latest Scam

I still can't understand how you were that fast. On my 1GBps WiFi with a brand new hexadec 4.5 GHz (16 cores) I still don't think I'd be that fast.

I'm guessing you read a lot of posts and just start opening the merit link in a new tab ready to hammer the 1 and the send button. I think this is just proof that you're a bit though from this point Grin.

With that hardware, you could run a lot of virtual machines and give one merit from each one at the same time with iMacros.

A cool down time has been suggested, but i think there are some members who send merits rather quickly and would not appreciate a gap between merit awarding.
A cooldown of 10-30 secons would be enough i guess and it wouldt harm the rapid merit senders.
10 seconds would probably harm me sometimes...

The server shouldn't let you send merits on the same second, for a reason it doesn't let us make posts on that time rate, and that's the first bug. That bug could be fixed with a cooldown of 1 or 2 seconds. The second bug is on the 'Send' button, it shouldn't be clickable after we already make click.  Wink
copper member
December 28, 2018, 03:08:40 PM

and it wouldt harm the rapid merit senders.
See:
Code:
October 13, 2018, 09:18:22 AM: 1 to Indamuck for Re: Universal Basic Income Is Silicon Valley’s Latest Scam
October 13, 2018, 09:18:22 AM: 1 to audaciousbeing for Re: Universal Basic Income Is Silicon Valley’s Latest Scam
October 13, 2018, 09:18:22 AM: 1 to figmentofmyass for Re: Universal Basic Income Is Silicon Valley’s Latest Scam
October 13, 2018, 09:18:22 AM: 1 to KonstantinosM for Re: Universal Basic Income Is Silicon Valley’s Latest Scam

I'm guessing you read a lot of posts and just start opening the merit link in a new tab ready to hammer the 1 and the send button. I think this is just proof that you're a bit though from this point Grin.

A cool down time has been suggested, but i think there are some members who send merits rather quickly and would not appreciate a gap between merit awarding.
A cooldown of 10-30 secons would be enough i guess and it wouldt harm the rapid merit senders.

10 seconds would probably harm me sometimes...
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
December 28, 2018, 02:56:39 PM

All it takes is 4 clicks Smiley
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
December 28, 2018, 02:39:53 PM
Activity: 72
Merit: 12
December 28, 2018, 02:14:54 PM

An issue that should be resolved is the '0' that is by default on the box for selecting number of merits to send.
The number of merits has to be delicately positioned after the 0, or the zero cleared first.
It adds nothing, as it's impossible to send zero merits and there's the chance a user could send 10 merits when trying to send 1. This poses an issue to members with lots of smerits available.
copper member
December 28, 2018, 12:27:37 PM
I don't think it was worth making a thread on it, but if you hit the button on public WiFi it can send twice (if there's more than one router and you get switched between the two during that time, I was sat very near one of the routers too so I don't know why I was moved across.

As the others have said, this is a known thing as well as refreshing the merit sent page. It's not a bug, I think it was theymos intention.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
December 28, 2018, 12:20:48 PM
Already reported by many people,having cool down time between the two merit transaction will help to resolve this issue.Hopefully theymos will identify this bug and sort of the problem.
Two AI were fighting so hard to beat satoshi on merit list. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
December 28, 2018, 12:06:26 PM
I was taking a look into this too. Since there was a 1 second gap in the @OgNasty -> @seoincorporation example in the OP, grouping by exact time would not catch these cases, so I went on to giving a 2 second margin (searching for all TXs within a 2 second gap with the same implied users and message and date).

I make it 317 TXs historically by the above criteria (see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JmMF_SZX0oWgK8L2BL-lkB0aDMAIW7HB2OWJKXxtrag/edit?usp=sharing), with 155 different real intended TX sends (the others are side effects of double or triple clicking the send button).

No too many cases, and roughly let’s say half of the implied sMerits being non-intentional (602 sMerits -> would mean 301 non-intentional sent sMerits historically).
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
December 28, 2018, 10:56:05 AM
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 3094
December 28, 2018, 10:31:00 AM
So, a couple of days ago i realize there is a bug on the merit engine.

When we are in the merit box ready to spend our merits:

If we click two times the button it will send double merit before the forum send us to 'Merit sent!' page.

And that way some users are getting double merits, sending double merits already happened to me once while i was sending merit to user bomj as you can see on the next image.

And i think i get two merits on a publication for the same bug:

Pages:
Jump to: