Pages:
Author

Topic: Building a small farm in my house - page 2. (Read 649 times)

Activity: 2268
Merit: 870
December 20, 2018, 04:44:51 PM
User above me already answered you on immersion cooling, I won't add anything new. But I can give you suggestions on GPUs. It also depends on if you want to stick with one coin or are handsome for others, personally I would buy Nvidia GPUs, gtx1070/1070ti and higher. They consume less energy, they don't get hot very easily and also you don't have to stick with ethereum, you have wide choice in mining. Visit whattomine.com and check every GPU's profitability at the moment.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
December 20, 2018, 02:31:46 PM
It seems like you have some homework done already which is really nice Smiley!

There is not much to be said about immersion cooling - it's a rather unusual cooling method what miners would use. More frequently you see it used with ASICs than with GPUs, but in reality, there is nothing that stops using it with GPUs. You just have to know that when something needs to be repaired or looked at, I think it's rather annoying to pull out the miners from the cooling solution (dripping everywhere, get dust/trash all over them). Other than that you still need to set up a cooling solution for your liquid that you use for the immersion part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpNERMxvPTk one of the few videos that shows a nice DIY solution on this topic Smiley.

What miners you choose is all up to you, it depends what you want to mine. Haven't been in the mining game for some time now, but I think that GPUs and ASICs are still a way to go. There were stories told about FPGA mining as well, but don't really now the progress how far has it evolved or how flawlessly it works.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
December 20, 2018, 10:16:02 AM
Would really appreciate some suggestions on what miners would be the best to go and if immersion cooling is an option as well.
Thank you for reading.

What coin(s) you want to mine ?
How much money can you spend on your mining farm ?
Immersion cooling is a option for all mining rigs, computers, asics,  if you have a extra money to spend, and you know how to do it ! Once the set up is done, its worth it for sure, but its not a easy task Smiley
In your half garage do you have a proper air circulation, ventilation provided for your future mining farm ?
Activity: 38
Merit: 12
December 20, 2018, 09:09:31 AM
Hello everyone.

First time posting and recently joined this amazing community. Earlier this year I started building my place and decided I want to make a small mining farm. I decided to do it in the garage by splitting it down the middle, one side will be my small farm and the other side will be where the car is parked. Any thoughts on this idea ?

Second I have upgraded by home panel to 400 amps. This is the highest allowed in the residential zoning area where I live. Would really appreciate some suggestions on what miners would be the best to go and if immersion cooling is an option as well.

Thank you for reading.
Pages:
Jump to: