Pages:
Author

Topic: Building an opensource exchange from scratch - page 4. (Read 4869 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Grow SMALL amount of BTC by earning it
December 08, 2014, 01:28:50 AM
I like the clean design!
If you need any help with testing or debugs or anything like marketing or management,
I'm glad to help out.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
December 08, 2014, 01:23:21 AM
Also, if anyone can create a Bitcoin and litecoin ticker, I'm currently using Blockchain, and when I release it that wont be included because it's bad practise, I'll grab maybe 5 tickers, round up the numbers and the average of that will be the price... I guess. I'm not too sure how I'll work that, any tips will be appreciated
December 08, 2014, 01:13:36 AM
Nice project. Sounds like you'll be very busy for a while!  Wink If it's open-source, when do you plan to show the repo? I could maybe contribute here and there when I have time. I'm pretty busy myself.

Thank you. The base of is coming a long very well. All I need to do is implement the bitcoin and litecoin api to create a wallet, check deposits etc, the website is pretty much trading now, I've just edited the credits via the phpmyadmin. I'd say a month and the repo will be released, hopefully that will include a fully functioning admin panel too. I don't want to release it while it's buggy, so I'll spend a certain amount of time testing every features. Hopefully this becomes something, I just hope to god it doesn't attract people who will just run it hoping for a quick buck.
Activity: 196
December 08, 2014, 12:45:49 AM
Nice project. Sounds like you'll be very busy for a while!  Wink If it's open-source, when do you plan to show the repo? I could maybe contribute here and there when I have time. I'm pretty busy myself.
December 07, 2014, 11:06:29 PM
Trade history is now working. Will start cleaning up a few things and start working on the Bitcoin api to generate a wallet to deposit bitcoins.
December 07, 2014, 10:03:28 PM
Added more functions
December 07, 2014, 08:47:53 PM
r
Looks very nice; will it integrate with all of the bitcoin-clones out there over RPC? What about unique coins (maybe over some sort of PHP-class that could be loaded for each distinct coin)? Maybe even some sort of integration with a bank/ACH API?

Yeah, coins using the same source as Bitcoin and Litecoin should be pretty easy to implement.  Regarding a bank, I probably will in the future, but I'm not too sure of what ones to add, but I will add paypal depositing money and withdrawing.
Activity: 392
Merit: 259
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ
December 07, 2014, 07:44:02 PM
Looks very nice; will it integrate with all of the bitcoin-clones out there over RPC? What about unique coins (maybe over some sort of PHP-class that could be loaded for each distinct coin)? Maybe even some sort of integration with a bank/ACH API?
December 07, 2014, 05:44:03 PM
I am building an opensource Crypto currency exchange from scratch and will release the source code on here. Will take me a couple of months it'll be OOP, and using twitter bootstrap. I will release to the public once it's complete, keep an eye out. I've only just started. Register page is pretty much the same layout as cryptsy. Site will be run based on classes and functions MVC.  All userinputs will be trimmed, escaped and secured  to stop any sql injections. WIll also need people eventually to test for XSS and other types of flaws.

For an example, the $_POST will be passed through $system->secureinput(); function.
Dashboard coins will be accessed via a htaccess rewrite: website.com/dashboard/market/coin
Not too sure what coins I will be adding, but BTC, LTC and a few others are a must. Will eventually be adding a language file that can be edited via the admin panel

Features built:

- User register
- User Login
- Navbar
- Sidebar
- Dashboard
- Language file added with an option for users to select language...
- Added a timeline to show you all of your purchases.
- Bitcoins can now be deposited and balance updates.

To DO:

- Get callback from OKpay for deposits of GBP and USD
- Allow bitcoin withdrawals
- Add LITC deposit,withdraw
- Create a nice index page
- Clean up a few things and it will be done

Pictures:

Pages:
Jump to: