Pages:
Author

Topic: Bull market/Bear Market trading strategies - page 3. (Read 572 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
October 02, 2018, 01:44:16 AM
I've often heard that to know that you are a successful trader you have to pull profitable trades in a bear market, not just a bull market. 

Either that, or you need to play to your strengths. I know some crypto traders that primarily only trade during bull markets (like 2016-2017). After the crash, they pack it up and leave until the market is hospitable again. One reason for that is the lack of safe places to short sell, especially for traders in the US.

I've been successful during our bear market this year, by using the Depth Chart, or Micro-analysis of the order book.

That's surprising. I've always found order book analysis to be misleading. People are always playing games on the order book.

I've set a tight stop-loss at 1% risk, with 1-3% profit exit per trade.  I use the principles of compound-interest to grow my btc stack with trades.

I'm all about compounding gains to grow my BTC stack too. But IMO 1:1 reward vs. risk is really low. You also need to beat trading commissions and hedge against a bad stretch of trades. I look for an absolute minimum of 2.5% reward vs. 1% risk. In cryptocurrency, there are opportunities for much better than that too.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
October 01, 2018, 10:05:30 PM
I've often heard that to know that you are a successful trader you have to pull profitable trades in a bear market, not just a bull market. 

I've been successful during our bear market this year, by using the Depth Chart, or Micro-analysis of the order book.  I've set a tight stop-loss at 1% risk, with 1-3% profit exit per trade.  I use the principles of compound-interest to grow my btc stack with trades.

What are your bear market strategies?

And if you are new and lurking and looking to learn about daytrading and have no idea where to start or how, swing on by our discord, everyone is really helpful, and it's free with no obligation for anything.  We can help set up that trading plan for you, or even if you don't understand terminology or whatever about trading...we can help.  Swing by and say hi, stay awhile and listen, and learn something!

Voodoo Crypto
Pages:
Jump to: