Pages:
Author

Topic: Bull run loading! Ohio to accept bitcoin for tax payment. - page 2. (Read 416 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
So I have a question:  Isn't the state of Ohio going to want to know how you acquired those bitcoins you're paying your taxes with?  Won't they wonder if you earned them through a sig campaign which you never reported in your tax filing?  And stuff like that?

I know a lot of folks here are anti-tax and there are a lot of anti-government cryptoanarchists, and I fully respect that.  I'm wondering if it's a good idea to pay your taxes with bitcoin.  I'm kind of leaning toward it being kind of a setup.  

it may or may not be a setup, but it's definitely a bad idea to send them your coins---for multiple reasons. you'd be providing them really juicy personal data to analyze the blockchain with. and on top of it, you'd be spending coins where you should be spending fiat. Wink

It's a nice way for the government to sc00p d3m ch3ap coinz Smiley
And then there's that, but I highly doubt the state plans to keep any of the bitcoin.  They'll probably use a payment processor that converts bitcoin to fiat just like most merchants use.  If they don't do that, they're being completely irresponsible with taxpayer funds given the volatility of bitcoin.

it's interesting food for thought though. at what point (if ever) does bitcoin become reliable enough for governments to hold reserves? nobody bats an eye at government gold reserves.
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
I just come across this post  in nypost that Ohio to become the first in United States of America to accept bitcoin as payment for tax.  I see this as a great this news and capable of trigger a recovering in some days and weeks to come.  We have lose so much this year because of governments attack and banning of cryptocurrencies activities but with is developments I expect a very serious breakout that should push bitcoin upwards. This is the link to the news. https://nypost.com/2018/11/25/ohio-becomes-first-state-to-accept-tax-payments-in-bitcoin/

Banning scammy ICOs and prosecuting the perpetrators is what caused the BTC bear market?
legendary
Merit: 1265
Why do you think that the state of Ohio might create a global bitcoin bull run?
Is the state of Ohio as big as Japan or South Korea,or maybe China? Grin
It's proven that bitcoin isn't a good for tax payments,due to it's volatility.
I think that this news might be fake.

Because the USA it the center of the universe  Tongue
legendary
And then there's that, but I highly doubt the state plans to keep any of the bitcoin.  They'll probably use a payment processor that converts bitcoin to fiat just like most merchants use.  If they don't do that, they're being completely irresponsible with taxpayer funds given the volatility of bitcoin.

I still believe that Bitcoin has more "real" value than the US dollar. Simply due to the fact that you cannot print Bitcoins at will.
- Bitcoin is built on crypto.
- US dollar is built on faith. (used to be gold)
From that standpoint it would be more irresponsible to keep US dollars.

If governments are smart and want control of the future they should really start getting ahead of the game by stacking Bitcoin.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
Why do you think that the state of Ohio might create a global bitcoin bull run?
Is the state of Ohio as big as Japan or South Korea,or maybe China? Grin
It's proven that bitcoin isn't a good for tax payments,due to it's volatility.
I think that this news might be fake.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
So I have a question:  Isn't the state of Ohio going to want to know how you acquired those bitcoins you're paying your taxes with?  Won't they wonder if you earned them through a sig campaign which you never reported in your tax filing?  And stuff like that?

I know a lot of folks here are anti-tax and there are a lot of anti-government cryptoanarchists, and I fully respect that.  I'm wondering if it's a good idea to pay your taxes with bitcoin.  I'm kind of leaning toward it being kind of a setup.  

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
This is huge for bitcoin. It is even bigger than the ETF news and anything like that regarding BAKKT and SEC. The point here is that GOVERNMENTS started to accept bitcoin as a means to pay them which makes it official, anything that governments deem official should be highly valuable.

I do not think anyone really understand the size of this deal. It means that if Ohio started to accept it, other states will as well and some other countries will start as well, which means not only bitcoin will be regulated properly all around the world but it will be also a legal money that governments sees as any other fiat currency.

If you live in USA, there is nothing different compared to bitcoin and euro for example. That type of level will help us insanely and will make it amazing to work with it. Price should have soared like hell when it first happened.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
I just come across this post  in nypost that Ohio to become the first in United States of America to accept bitcoin as payment for tax.  I see this as a great this news and capable of trigger a recovering in some days and weeks to come.  We have lose so much this year because of governments attack and banning of cryptocurrencies activities but with is developments I expect a very serious breakout that should push bitcoin upwards. This is the link to the news. https://nypost.com/2018/11/25/ohio-becomes-first-state-to-accept-tax-payments-in-bitcoin/
Pages:
Jump to: