Pages:
Author

Topic: Bullish? Bankers Issue ‘Seismic’ Warning: crypto could replace USD in 5 years - page 3. (Read 398 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 63
USD is still strong since its the mostly used traded currency as well as the reserve in this whole world maybe the end of US domination will also result into the end of USD domination as well in the world trade Market but whether the bitcoin is going to replace it or centralized tokens created by other supernation like China will?
It's not just USD that's the reserve currency for every country, I think there's Euros in the mix already in this past few years. I don't think that China will bother, they've banned mining of bitcoin already so they're sort of out of the picture. I don't that their warning will make this banks get scared, they're a long existing institute already, how is a decade old technology going to turn them inside out?
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
USD is still strong since its the mostly used traded currency as well as the reserve in this whole world maybe the end of US domination will also result into the end of USD domination as well in the world trade Market but whether the bitcoin is going to replace it or centralized tokens created by other supernation like China will?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
USD can not be replaced by Bitcoin at the moment and may even be hard to replace cash in 100% digital dollars.
The capacity of the market does not make it the only currency in the world and people must stop the use of the rest of the currencies.
The results of opinion polls may be biased and inaccurate.
Finally, some banks buy digital currencies caused that continuously want to workout a new category of assets, but most of these investments do not exceed 5%.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I don't think crypto has the power to replace USD, but it definitely has the power to make banks look old and obsolete. That's why the banking lobby is pushing governments to impose a blanket ban on cryptos. I receive weekly mailer from my bank and a warning against cryptocurrency is a staple part of that mailer! Inevitably they mention the bitcoin is a risky things and they advise their users to stay away from it.

So banking lobby is already facing the heat and very well understood that cryptocurrency can make them irrelevant from the financial scenario. But bitcoin alone can't do it. Neither it can replace USD. Not at least in our lifetime!
It's already an obsolete system even before bitcoin, what bitcoin did was to expose banks that either they need to change things for good or they will die a slow painful death which isn't really good for everyone because when it comes to slow, the people will be affected too. But even if they're facing this kind of heat right now, the government still has their backs so they might be able to live much longer.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
I don't think crypto has the power to replace USD, but it definitely has the power to make banks look old and obsolete. That's why the banking lobby is pushing governments to impose a blanket ban on cryptos. I receive weekly mailer from my bank and a warning against cryptocurrency is a staple part of that mailer! Inevitably they mention the bitcoin is a risky things and they advise their users to stay away from it.

So banking lobby is already facing the heat and very well understood that cryptocurrency can make them irrelevant from the financial scenario. But bitcoin alone can't do it. Neither it can replace USD. Not at least in our lifetime!
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332

"The foundation of banking has been fundamentally outlived and financial services industry players must redefine themselves and find innovative ways to create economic growth in the future of money," Pawczuk, who heads up Deloitte's global blockchain and digital assets practice, said in a statement alongside the report.
This is a bold statement but at the same time is a wake up call to the traditional financial institutions to start doing something with their lives and try to make things different in order for this warning to not ever happen. I do think it's bullish but given how crypto community hates the government shilling for them to some degree because they know that there's some sort of condition for that shill, I think that it's not going to that big of a deal.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
I put a question mark in the title because I don't trust the banks, and I don't know if this is a way of telling the public authorities to put more restrictions on cryptocurrencies. Or I don't know if it is a way of surrendering to the evidence, and in the same way that for many years they ignored Bitocoin and cryptocurrencies, but now they are going to offer custody services, etc., they now recognize that this is unstoppable.

Bankers Issue ‘Seismic’ Warning: Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, Cardano And XRP Could Replace The Dollar In Just Five Years As Crypto Market Price Adds $1 Trillion

".a poll of mostly banking executives found most think bitcoin and digital assets could replace fiat currencies like the U.S. dollar within the next five to 10 years—a shift described as "seismic." <...> "A strong majority (81%) of the almost 1,300 executives questioned think blockchain, the technology that underpins bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, is broadly scalable and has already achieved mainstream adoption. Meanwhile, 73% think their company should adopt crypto and blockchain or risk losing competitive advantage.

"The foundation of banking has been fundamentally outlived and financial services industry players must redefine themselves and find innovative ways to create economic growth in the future of money," Pawczuk, who heads up Deloitte's global blockchain and digital assets practice, said in a statement alongside the report.

This year, Wall Street banks from Goldman Sachs GS +1% to JPMorgan JPM +1.6% have begun rolling out bitcoin and crypto services to their clients as central banks around the world experiment with blockchain-based central bank digital currencies (CBDCs).
"
Pages:
Jump to: