Pages:
Author

Topic: burning token - page 2. (Read 763 times)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
December 05, 2019, 12:24:31 PM
I often read and heard about burning tokens that were not sold when the ICO project was finished, I also knew that by burning the rest of the token was a strategy so the price of the token didn't fall, but if the DEV and the team didn't burn it was a crime? is there a requirement that the remaining unsold tokens must be burned?

Burning tokens is a tactic used to raise prices and reduce the amount of supply available on the market. The economic equivalent of this tactic is repurchase. We can hear from time to time not only the ICO projects or small projects but also many other projects. This process is as follows;
- The project team enters a market purchase order with the specified budget and provides the opportunity to purchase by clearing the existing sales orders one by one until this budget is exhausted. Then, these tokens taken by the project team are burned and removed from the market. In this way, the supply amount of the current token is reduced and the token price increases due to the purchase.
Although the Token burning process is a very successful tactic, not every project team can do it because it is a very costly method.
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
https://blockmembers.io/
December 05, 2019, 12:12:07 PM
Burning of token is a strategy to stabilize the price in the market. The higher the supply, the lower the lower the price while the higher the demand the higher the price. Therefore, it advisable that sincere team that promise burning, to do so.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
December 05, 2019, 10:24:14 AM
Burning of token usually help in reducing the total supply of such token and when the supply is reduced and demand is high it leads to increase in value of token. so i may not be wrong to say that burning of token helps in increasing its value.
Right, you are not wrong in answering about burning tokens, because it is very helpful when tokens have been burned which automatically causes the total supply to decrease, but there are also tokens that have been burned but the value still does not go up at all because the request does not exist.
Activity: 53
Merit: 1
December 05, 2019, 10:16:08 AM
Burning of token usually help in reducing the total supply of such token and when the supply is reduced and demand is high it leads to increase in value of token. so i may not be wrong to say that burning of token helps in increasing its value.
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
December 05, 2019, 09:59:28 AM
is there a requirement that the remaining unsold tokens must be burned?
Know this first, that the team has the right to decide anything, except it has been written down and legally binding. Most of the times, what the team promises to do might just be for the sake of attracting investors, because I have seen most of these things changed. Also, token burn event(s) need to be done strategically before it can be effective on the value of the coin.
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
December 05, 2019, 09:51:17 AM
Burn or lock the token for many years, maybe? I totally agree that not burning the tokens may be considered a crime if the developers hide them from investors for their selfish interests. By the way, the spending of the extra funds should be done democratically assuming the coins belong to the community.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
December 05, 2019, 09:25:18 AM
It's a pretty good strategy of projects to stabilize the token value. This approach can save projects that are about to die and may make them even more developed.
Activity: 504
Merit: 25
December 05, 2019, 09:24:09 AM
I often read and heard about burning tokens that were not sold when the ICO project was finished, I also knew that by burning the rest of the token was a strategy so the price of the token didn't fall, but if the DEV and the team didn't burn it was a crime? is there a requirement that the remaining unsold tokens must be burned?
Its not a crime if team decide not to burn the remaining unsold tokens in ICO or IEO, this choice is left for the teams to make but with my past experience burning tokens is a very good effective strategy
Activity: 64
December 05, 2019, 09:23:12 AM
burning the tokens can be a good last resort, but if the DEV and the Team don't burn it could be a crime. The remaining unsold tokens should also continue burning.
Activity: 61
December 05, 2019, 09:21:04 AM
I also heard information about burning tokens that were not sold when the ICO project ended. This is terrible, but that is one way of helping token prices, but it will cause another bailout.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
December 05, 2019, 09:20:42 AM
Burning tokens creates scarcity and gives value to the rest of the available tokens. There is no rule that says projects have to burn unsold tokens. It is just common sense to do so as it brings more trust to the project
Activity: 1077
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 05, 2019, 09:07:55 AM
Burning tokens is part of milestone in development. dev have to do that, if not they will break investors trust
the effect is just investors lose trust and make the coin wont be pump in the future or even become shitcoin

It is not part of 'crime'. you know crypto hasnt fully regulated now.
So, the bad thing which happen in crypto not included in 'crime'

In ordinary language, a crime is an unlawful act punishable by a state or other authority. The term crime does not, in modern criminal law, have any simple and universally accepted definition, though statutory definitions have been provided for certain purposes.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
December 05, 2019, 07:51:42 AM

There are also projects that choose other strategies, store unsold tokens or freeze them for several years with the aim of developing products. But I think burning token is the most rational choice for investors to maintain the value of their investment
Activity: 15
December 05, 2019, 06:22:24 AM
yes, and that is indeed a common strategy for a project, for reasons of increasing demand because goods are scarce and prices are increasingly expensive, and that is for projects that are running and developing, not for dead projects. there is no general requirement to burn tokens, it is only to make investors who join have hope that prices will rise sometime and there was no massive dump carried out by their team from unsold tokens.

What would you say is the maximum amount of tokens that should be burned? I saw that Bithumb has a Super Coin Week going with Valor tokens and will continue with "surprise" airdrops the next few weeks. Apparently they are burning 25% of the remaining tokens. Is that no too much? Or will this just result in an even higher value for the holder?
Activity: 658
February 10, 2019, 11:27:36 PM
I think that is one of the strategy to keep the value of a coins to be high, burning the token means it will reduce the total volume of the token itself.
With less volume, hopefully the price of a token will also rise or it can be keep in a good level of price and not making it drop.
Activity: 494
Merit: 100
February 10, 2019, 09:57:13 PM
I think it's a good strategy to burn tokens to ico that the supply is big enough to make or reduce tokens that are no longer worth after ico as well as other investors and bounty hunter if the owner will follow the tokens that no sales may raise the price of their coin subit less their supply or will be limited only but there is an opportunity to be more attractive to investors especially if the supply is small so there's no dumper too their token and pure holder will only be left.
Activity: 921
February 10, 2019, 09:50:23 PM
It all depends on what the development team promised to do, if they said that all unsold tokens will be burned, then this should happen, but unfortunately in 2018, the developers almost never burned the remaining tokens.
Activity: 200
February 10, 2019, 09:13:09 PM
Burning unnecessary tokens is not an offense. It is for controlling the market price. There is no government to control it here. Therefore, to control the market price, unnecessary tokens can be burned.
Activity: 854
February 10, 2019, 07:49:25 PM
There is no requirement by anyone or any law that puts them under compulsion to burn, but if they earlier announced they would burn, then they have to burn.
If they do not comply with the roadmap or agreement made, then they can be seen as scammers.
If token burn is also done, you would notice in the total supply. Also an evidence can be shown, to show the process of the burn.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
February 10, 2019, 03:02:08 PM
The fact that tokens are not sold must be burned as a requirement in an ICO. Failure to comply will cause the token number to be inflated and the price of the token when listed exchange will greatly affect
Pages:
Jump to: