Pages:
Author

Topic: but...but....bitcon is supposed to be free! - page 3. (Read 561 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
but...but....bitcon is supposed to be free!   for da people, brah!!   
and overthrow those greedy government fee charging banks!!!

https://www.zdnet.com/article/square-has-made-37-million-supporting-bitcoin-trading/

Bitcoin is currency and how can you get the currency for free? You need to do some efforts for earning the currency.
Everyone is free to earn the currency (bitcoin) but not entitled to get it free.

They are providing service so they will earn from it or do you want to say anybody provide services in "Bitcoin" should not earn anything?
If you thinks so ,then you are wrong because Bitcoin are generated as an incentive (earning) to the miner.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

https://www.zdnet.com/article/square-has-made-37-million-supporting-bitcoin-trading/

The techno is free and open source, but some will always make profit.

air is free, but there are people selling canned air in Shanghai.
However bitcoin enables individuals to have more control over their funds. Much more than with banks. Smiley
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
What do you want to say by throwing this kind of incomplete text and you should mention what is the link about because without knowing no one will gonna see.
Activity: 168
All Bitcoins are free but Bitcoin is much lower. You can also get Bitcoins for free if you join the bitcoin team. Charge from your accomplishment
Activity: 574
Merit: 250

I understand your frustration right now and you're discouragement but I can say to your encouragement that we need some time to pass with that, the fact that bitcoin is low right now is not the end for it.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
Nothing in this world is free.You can't get value for free.
I guess you mean that bitcoin transactions are supposed to be free,not bitcoin.In the begining,many newbies were tricked to believe that bitcoin transactions will have little to zero fees.I guess that's why you are frustrated and you make this post.That article about square isn't relevant to your post,by the way.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
"Supposedly," which is technically true... if you are willing to buy a very high end computer to mine bitcoins which takes long, and that costs electricity.

Worth it? Yes. Practical? Up to you.
Activity: 32
Free things will take a lot of time and effort. What to spend money to earn their own.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10

basically we have to be smarter and more knowledgeable to get results because there is nothing free there all must be paid for !!
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
your title and post are both wrong. bitcoin was never supposed to be free. this is not a giveaway, go read the bitcoin paper. you either gain bitcoin by "spending" your computing power or in other words when you mine bitcoin or when you sell your fiat for bitcoin. for the later you need a place to meet others and come to terms for a trade, that "place" where you meet is an exchange and it asks for a small fee to offer that service. it doesn't have anything to do with bitcoin being free or not. and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. if you don't like it then don't use it, it is not the only method of "selling your fiat for bitcoin"!
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
You should have to be more active in finding the free one because all of that needs time and knowledge to get results and basically nothing is free there must be paid !!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
I've never understood these types of posts at all. Bitcoin is free, and that is true. And there are decentralized marketplaces which you can visit to buy bitcoin on and not further these centralized fee paying banks. But these aren't used, and it's pretty simple on why these aren't used.

BECAUSE THERE IS NO VOLUME, and people would much rather have the safety of a brand and  a centralized exchange who is most likely regulated by the government. Bitcoin is always going to be free, but it's crazy to think that private enterprise is going to sell you bitcoin without making money on the sale.

They have the infrastructure, advertising, employees, and so on to employ. They have investors to please. They're not going to do anything for free and it's foolish to think this.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1

Pages:
Jump to: