Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Jalapeno Asic Device - page 2. (Read 6506 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 16, 2012, 12:38:37 PM
from what i have seen in months of lurking on these forums... They tend to be late delivering, and the product don't quite measure up to what they claim it should in press releases.

Still good, looking at their mini-rigs and other existing products, but not as good as they claim it will be.

*Shrugs*

true but they have also stated that if the product doesnt deliver what they say, they will reinburst there customers...
not a "fanboy" or anything, but hoping they are close to there estimate as im considering atleast 2 of there rigs to start with Wink

As if nobody would dare lie on the internet. What everybody seems to forget to bring when supporting BFL is that FPGA tech was already well known and proven effective when they showed up, as where now your pre-ordering on a tech still in development. (with 0 proof at the moment that it will even work at the task at hand)

I dont mean ASIC's in general, but ones meant to mine.
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
September 16, 2012, 12:36:33 PM
they do, but some people find other software works better for various reasons/needs /wants Smiley
there is a whole subforum of mining software Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=42.0
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 16, 2012, 12:34:52 PM
Doesn't BFL have their own mining software?
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
September 16, 2012, 12:30:47 PM
Here's a dumb question.  How does a non-CPU, non-GPU, USB device show up as an available mining device in GUIMiner v2011-07-01 for example? (I think that's the latest release.)  I assume it would have something to do with creating a new "other miner" but how would one go about targeting the device from there?  And out of curiosity, what type of device does it show up as in the Windows device manager once it's installed?
given that version is over a year old, my first guess would be it doesn't Smiley
cgminer scans for and detects devices, some you need to tell it where to scan - its covered in the readmes Smiley
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
September 16, 2012, 12:27:47 PM
Here's a dumb question.  How does a non-CPU, non-GPU, USB device show up as an available mining device in GUIMiner v2011-07-01 for example? (I think that's the latest release.)  I assume it would have something to do with creating a new "other miner" but how would one go about targeting the device from there?  And out of curiosity, what type of device does it show up as in the Windows device manager once it's installed?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
September 09, 2012, 09:39:30 PM
http://www.butterflylabs.com/order-form-bitforce-sc-jalapeno/

Is it a good idea to pre-order such a device? Is butterfly trustworth?
What type of hostsystem is neccessary to run this (hardware, os) device?

Sorry for possible double posting but i (as newbie) can not yet ask and reply to other forums.

Thanks
-pminers

PS: See also: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pminers-introduction-106378

BFL is trustworthy.  Per-order is allot of what they do  Cry.  Host system should be any computer running CGminer or the software you are using to mine with now.  I have one on back order because I had the coins to do it when they came out.  Figured I would give it a try and I own their singles.  Good company but they are a small business in a very interesting market.  The current products work fine.

+1
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
September 09, 2012, 08:49:14 PM

Sorry for possible double posting but i (as newbie) can not yet ask and reply to other forums.

Thanks
-pminers

BFL is trustworthy.  Per-order is allot of what they do  Cry.  Host system should be any computer running CGminer or the software you are using to mine with now.  I have one on back order because I had the coins to do it when they came out.  Figured I would give it a try and I own their singles.  Good company but they are a small business in a very interesting market.  The current products work fine.
September 09, 2012, 08:36:09 PM
from what i have seen in months of lurking on these forums... They tend to be late delivering, and the product don't quite measure up to what they claim it should in press releases.

Still good, looking at their mini-rigs and other existing products, but not as good as they claim it will be.

*Shrugs*

true but they have also stated that if the product doesnt deliver what they say, they will reinburst there customers...
not a "fanboy" or anything, but hoping they are close to there estimate as im considering atleast 2 of there rigs to start with Wink

Oh agree, if they are wrong about their claims their track record shows the will try to make good.

But a reimbursement after months of holding your cash and delivering late isn't amazing in my book. Better than nothing for sure... But not amazing.
September 09, 2012, 08:05:13 PM

*Shrugs*

September 09, 2012, 07:27:26 PM

*Shrugs*
September 09, 2012, 07:23:06 PM
other then an unsure release date and loads of pre orders (meaning ure far behind in the queue), ye they are pretty damn trust worthy Smiley
gbx
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
September 08, 2012, 03:22:06 PM
Seems like they are...and sounds like they come from the security/encryption side of the world and are applying their resources on bitcoin.  I read some reviews of their products and they seem positive.
Activity: 21
September 08, 2012, 03:11:04 PM

Thanks
-pminers

Pages:
Jump to: