Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - page 2. (Read 1531 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
March 19, 2013, 10:12:15 PM
BFL "face man" Josh Zerlan defended his involvement in it trying to make it seem like a semantics thing, then they used PR to try and diffuse the topic (which is weird when you have sent out another minion to cop to the crime but try to make it sound like it is NOT a crime).
http://codinginmysleep.com/interview-with-sonny-vleisides/

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
March 19, 2013, 10:10:10 PM
BFL "face man" Josh Zerlan defended his involvement in it trying to make it seem like a semantics thing, then they used PR to try and diffuse the topic (which is weird when you have sent out another minion to cop to the crime but try to make it sound like it is NOT a crime).
http://codinginmysleep.com/interview-with-sonny-vleisides/
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
March 19, 2013, 10:03:23 PM
I will list the "facts" as I perceive them and you can agree or disagree.

1.  CEO was convicted of a lottery scam that ripped off mostly the elderly.
2.  The amount of cash BFL has likely collected is in excess of $20 million USD.
3.  The amount of expenditures to get this money (including the pictures of that equipment and the leasehold improvements on the offices at the construction company building and the $2500 they paid to make a barely functional website is likely less than $1M.
4.  Josh (the apparent face man of the company) never debates anyone in a rational manner nor does he seem indifferent when questioned, he goes ballistic or threatens people.  This is something you see from criminals all the time.   When someone asks why you brought a box to CES, an honest person would reply with an explanation of the development process and say it is so people can see how it will be packaged and start thinking about how they will cool it and hook it up.   Does he have a record or only some civil stuff against him?  It does seem coincidental that a Josh Zerlan of KC, MO was listed as a defendent in a DIRECT TV US federal case that they seemed to have won?   http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-ksd-2_03-cv-02287
5.  What would the justification of not posting people with updates on the testing process and the schedule of production in the past week.   When I go to the boards on their site, I feel like it is a therapy session for very smart people who are in denial of being scammed.

I never knew he was convicted of lottery scam. Are you able to back that up? If it's true then it's a good thing I haven't placed an order with them yet. I was actually considering!
legendary
Be A Digital Miner
March 19, 2013, 09:51:36 PM
I will list the "facts" as I perceive them and you can agree or disagree.

1.  CEO was convicted of a lottery scam that ripped off mostly the elderly.
2.  The amount of cash BFL has likely collected is in excess of $20 million USD.
3.  The amount of expenditures to get this money (including the pictures of that equipment and the leasehold improvements on the offices at the construction company building and the $2500 they paid to make a barely functional website is likely less than $1M.
4.  Josh (the apparent face man of the company) never debates anyone in a rational manner nor does he seem indifferent when questioned, he goes ballistic or threatens people.  This is something you see from criminals all the time.   When someone asks why you brought a box to CES, an honest person would reply with an explanation of the development process and say it is so people can see how it will be packaged and start thinking about how they will cool it and hook it up.   Does he have a record or only some civil stuff against him?  It does seem coincidental that a Josh Zerlan of KC, MO was listed as a defendent in a DIRECT TV US federal case that they seemed to have won?   http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-ksd-2_03-cv-02287
5.  What would the justification of not posting people with updates on the testing process and the schedule of production in the past week.   When I go to the boards on their site, I feel like it is a therapy session for very smart people who are in denial of being scammed.
legendary
Be A Digital Miner
March 19, 2013, 09:26:29 PM
It would not let me post and forced me to re-type (maybe an omen)?
I am curious what NEW people (ie. people only THINKING about mining but seriously considering it) think about BFL and whether they are legitimate (and slightly incompetent) or if they are just continuing on the path toward recidivism.
Would like to really know WHY you believe what you believe.
Pages:
Jump to: