Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy 1 ounce Silver. End the Fed - page 3. (Read 365 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
May 12, 2018, 06:16:35 AM
Silver is now $16. Its reserves are limited and produced together with other metals. When they switched to digital photography, the demand, and then the price of it, fell dramatically.

Digital photography may have disappeared but new industrial uses are being found such as solar panels.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
May 12, 2018, 05:19:37 AM
Silver was down 1 percent, at $17 per ounce to $16k per ounce, I don't know if silver will go up again but maybe, because, in my opinion, silver is in demand now especially in our country because our coins don't have any gold now. All of our coins are all silver.
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
May 12, 2018, 05:03:58 AM
Silver is now $16. Its reserves are limited and produced together with other metals. When they switched to digital photography, the demand, and then the price of it, fell dramatically.
Activity: 56
Merit: 3
May 12, 2018, 02:42:29 AM
In 2012, there were lots of internet talks "Buy 1 ounce silver. End the Fed" then Silver fell to $9/ounce

Bitcoin has the same story with all the anti-government and anonymous talks.   Grin

I see the parallel that you are pointing out. There is a big difference between the two, however.  Silver is a small market that is easily controlled by a small group of players. With a market cap of 52 billion US, it can be manipulated on forward contracts with the creation of "paper ounces" and sold short.    

The crypto-market (to which I assume you refer because "anti-government and anonymous talks" are directed at all cryptos, not just BTC)
is huge in comparison at almost 400 billion at the time of this writing.  This market is relatively hard to control by a small group of players.

Also, a slump in cryptos wont last a decade the way it does in precious metals.   It hasn't even been around for a decade.  

From a free market perspective, I have more faith in crypto as a means of liquidity and even as store of value than I do in silver (or gold for that matter.)

That's just me pontificating though.

Activity: 266
Merit: 32
May 12, 2018, 02:20:03 AM
In 2012, there were lots of internet talks "Buy 1 ounce silver. End the Fed" then Silver fell to $9/ounce

Bitcoin has the same story with all the anti-government, end banks and anonymous talks.   Grin
Pages:
Jump to: