Pages:
Author

Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it? - page 17. (Read 2221 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 12
this is a big profit especially if You sell it at the end of the year 2017,when the price of bitcoin rose dramatically,moreover You buy her in two years back.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
 Now it is better to buy now here in bitcoin and this is the opportunity for you buyer because this month of January to February its really beat the price of cyrptovurrency and dropped the sell and bitcoin crypto .so about sellers of bitcoin for me hold our bitcoin of falling the prices so far we are really losing our work harder still to work hard to preserver in the long run of transaction in a campaign to a buy and sell are coming at the moment the price is low and the crypto value is very low .so do not let us first wait for the high ezchanger and maybe over a couple of months well get up soon and then well paint and bitcoin so now we need let's wait and patience for us and it will soon.and the people who hold the bitcoin aren't making anything yet until the come up a lot and keep it up in a long teem until be able to know when sell.
Activity: 18
Merit: 8
after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.

The answer you will get depends on the type of person who answers. Average holders me included, I believe would have sold before getting into 19k, I would say I found a completely acceptable pricing point at around 15 - 16k. Then you have experienced traders, who can read signals, these guys most likely held until around 19k and sold before the correction (this was completely foreseeable, even for non experienced people).

And then you have the greedy gambler type who most likely held thinking it would reach 30k by mid January.

Definitely is a SELL for me at that point, with an insane ROI as well.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

If there is a correction then look at the market and buy when the price is low, many traders are taking advantage of this situation and do not easily panic if there is a correction again while you are holding, panic will only cause mistakes, better hold than buy high sell low if you hold bitcoin.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0

I don't have the answer to this, but in highly speculative scenarios I think this Warren Buffet quote rings true.

try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful

For example, when everybody was panicking over Bitcoin a few weeks ago, that was obviously the best time to get in on it. Of course, I give this idea even though I knowingly ignored it when it was under $6K!
Activity: 138
Merit: 11

If I were that, I would have held more and sold it when the time bitcoin is starting to fall down. But the long time span I have hodl my bitcoin could have affect my decision. So this is just a case to case basis, if the person going to make that decision is engaged with bitcoin in a daily basis, then he could have sold it in the 18000 dollar mark.
Activity: 490
Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

Well I bet the best thing to do in the current value of bitcoin is to hold. If you sell your coins in a very low price, you won't be able to get a good profit. I think it won't take too long for you to get your desired amount so just be patient and good things will follow. Better wait than gain nothing. A good trader knows the right time to release and hold.
In any business or investments each one aim is to profit his investment as this time when bitcoins are down in value , i prefer to buy coins or hold your bitcoins until such time the value will rise up.

The right to do is buy when it is low then sell it when it is high. The best thing to do with your bitcoin is hold it because the value of bitcoin is unstable, sometimes it is high and sometimes it is low but still no need to worry because it can recover to its regular value.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business

Actuallly i grab only the situation of buying high,and selling low if  there is no chances of all my loss in my investment is cannot recover,just like happen previous month of so many problems occurs in the cryptocurrency like those three consecutive correction of price value,but i can only do this if if theres no other remedy,but for me the best things to do is to hold,and wait for the chances,that bitcoin will rise again,because patience is a virtue and being a patience we can gain a  good outcome.
Activity: 560

Why sell today, the time will come for a good price. It is better to wait and be in the black than to sell now and then regret it.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
You should sell it since the risk is a big factor with cryptocurrencies. If there is a 2x or 3x appreciation in your value, I think you should be that greedy and take the money just to be safe.
Amongst all these options, holding is the most sensible thing to do as compared to that of buying at higher rates or selling at time of dump. You need to do the things which can result in some good amount of income for you and that you can only do nice you will go for buying any of the coin at lower rates and then will sell them at higher rates. You need to make the right decision and that too by deciding the right thing to do.
You're right, holding is the safest way of investing bitcoin and it is also lower risk compared to other investments just putting amount on trading. Buy low and sell high i think it's risky because you don't know the movement price of bitcoin due to high volatility on it.
Much better if you hold for a long term and that time bitcoin was very profitable because at this time when you buy you can't jump in the price in the future.
Different approaches are present in the market, it is you who will decide what suits you. Some people are happy with holding because they can’t give maximum time to this investment, holding is better for them in such case. But some are trended for selling and buying because they know this better help them earning money. These two strategies depend on individuals how they get things.
Activity: 134
Merit: 1
I think if it is too late like this you are better to hold because the potential bitcoin this year will be good, unless you have a sudden need, well it excluded you better sell
Activity: 770
Merit: 298
tozex.io
depends, if actually you dont have any faith with the coins u had then selling is the best choice rather than keep stressing about when the price is going up. But if u have any, hold is the BEST choice
Activity: 196

hold because if you hold and wait for the price increase you will be got a big surprise to sell so just hold and wait!
Activity: 322
Merit: 23
You should sell it since the risk is a big factor with cryptocurrencies. If there is a 2x or 3x appreciation in your value, I think you should be that greedy and take the money just to be safe.
Amongst all these options, holding is the most sensible thing to do as compared to that of buying at higher rates or selling at time of dump. You need to do the things which can result in some good amount of income for you and that you can only do nice you will go for buying any of the coin at lower rates and then will sell them at higher rates. You need to make the right decision and that too by deciding the right thing to do.
You're right, holding is the safest way of investing bitcoin and it is also lower risk compared to other investments just putting amount on trading. Buy low and sell high i think it's risky because you don't know the movement price of bitcoin due to high volatility on it.
Much better if you hold for a long term and that time bitcoin was very profitable because at this time when you buy you can't jump in the price in the future.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527

Activity: 336
Merit: 102
Buy low sell high, that sound easy to everyone. But when you start trading, it becomes very hard to hit the right points at the right time. So as a new cryptoinvestor, the chance are hight that you will buy high and after the fud start you will sell low because you dont want to loose more money. Indeed everybody told you to not buy on the alltime high. So when this happen, you will learn a lot. And then you will also learn that holding is the better option for you, when your not advanced trader.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
The basic principle of trading is to buy low and sell them at the high price but most of the time it is not possible for short period of time. Due to because almost other altcoins depend on Bitcoin price, this might cause some delays in selling the coin, in this we have option an option called holding, this will give more returns if we steadily wait for some time.
Activity: 378
It is not good to buy at high and sell low it is huge loss for those who have bought bitcoin in high quantity and the price is now good but in the previous month it decline to a very down level and some bad news were in the market so the rumors also spread in the market for which the holding in that time is good and holding those who have good quantity of bitcoin now they are happy with the holding strategy.
Activity: 304

I would probably sell it when the price goes up to $19000 because it would be double or triple of your capital when you buy your bitcoin 2years ago. You will gain more profit when you sell it, because there is as possibility again to get a dip so that sell it immediately and do not hold.
Activity: 453
Merit: 101
RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE
Cautiousness just need to be ascertained at any point in time. Buying high and selling low could be a wrong idea in this regard. When such situation arises just as the prevailing one, the best bet is to hold with optimism that the situation shall improve for upsurge though.
Pages:
Jump to: