Pages:
Author

Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it? - page 3. (Read 2219 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 10
Selling is a bad choice, because why would you sell at a losing price.
It might be questionable why are you still holding know the event in December 17 where bitcoin reached its highest record at that moment.
What faith you have is really questionable, also its either sell at losing price or holding on no matter situation happens.
Best choice is to hold on no matter gonna happen, and just wait the good time for you to sell.
Activity: 728
Merit: 100
https://i.imgur.com/hgxNNiA.png
if i have bitcoin 2 years ago and this year it reaches $ 19000 then i will immediately sell it to be used to invest again in other altcoin. just imagine, how much profit we can have at that time. and very lucky people who managed to buy bitcoin 2 years ago and keep it up to now. I do not think it's too late to hold bitcoin because bitcoin prices will always go up even though it's also decreasing.
Activity: 238
Anyone can say this. But when you invest in this market, do you do that? To invest in this market is not as simple as what you are thinking. But if you know how to invest then it will bring you a lot of money and vice versa you will lose everything.

That is true. I have seen a lot of horror stories about various people/investors both rich and poor losing hundreds or thousands of dollars just because of this industry. These people are the ones that have jumped into this industry just because they thought it can multiply their money as easy as breathing which has lead them to lose funds. But, there are also people that have told success stories because they have really did their own research or got lucky(which are very few) that have really made huge profits. Truly, this is such a great opportunity for those who are patient and does their best to learn as much as they can.
Activity: 124
Merit: 0
Anyone can say this. But when you invest in this market, do you do that? To invest in this market is not as simple as what you are thinking. But if you know how to invest then it will bring you a lot of money and vice versa you will lose everything.
Activity: 340
after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.
I don't think that buying at high value and selling at low value will be better than buying at low and selling when it rise. As a trader or investor, you will look for a instances that you will 100% sure that your investment will be profitable. Or it is better to hold and waut for the value to rise up before selling it.
Activity: 812
after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

If you buy in high price much better to hold it because theres possible that the price will be increase instead of sell maybe use it to invest in some other coin the give you a profit while you waiting the increase price of bitcoin.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
We need to make the right decision before getting into this situation. When you buy high and sell low you will not gain any from this, you shall hold it first and wait for the right time wherein it will gets high also for you to get what you buy. This is the risk of getting into electronic currencies.

Well i don't think anyone intends really to buy high and sell low. It's thr effect of how they react to the market and how they let their emotions control them. Effects of inexperience since the longer they stay here the more it'll be corrected.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Just buy low and sell high is still the basic and effective strategy in trading in digital currency. Hold, if the prices keeps on decreasing from original price you bought that Bitcoin or Altcoins. However, as of today, the price is still low so it is better to either just hold because is you withdraw you will suffer from actual loss or just buy additional coins so that it will lessen the loss and it is the best time to buy then just hold until the price will rise up again and reached your desired income. Just don't panic and keep calm in trading.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
We need to make the right decision before getting into this situation. When you buy high and sell low you will not gain any from this, you shall hold it first and wait for the right time wherein it will gets high also for you to get what you buy. This is the risk of getting into electronic currencies.
Activity: 322
Merit: 16
Selling bitcoin with the lowest value until you buy it is like giving your freedom to someone freely. It's up to you what you want to do with your own bitcoin. But if you want to hold bitcoin better hold in long term. Because i am sure will greatly benefit you.
Activity: 126
Should do the sale if we have got profit more than 10 × or 70% because it is very good, but now the correction is still not finished and it is late if doing the current sales.
We recommend that you wait until the end of the year so we can see again bitcoin is in the $ 20000- $ 30000.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
Depending on your needs, if you are currently in need of money, just sell some of your coins, because it also has a big enough profit for you. So I do not think that's a problem, as long as we've got enough big profits.
you are right. but, for me, maybe I'd better keep it if the price falls too far. well, we must be optimistic in holding bitcoin. it may take quite a while, but it's better than selling it when the price is being severely dumped.
Activity: 77
Depending on your needs, if you are currently in need of money, just sell some of your coins, because it also has a big enough profit for you. So I do not think that's a problem, as long as we've got enough big profits.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
No ,not at all. It is very clear from this statement that if a person is buying at high rate and selling them at low rate then their is no profit at all. It is surely a wrong deal.No one will do this except in some extreme conditions.When you feel that the prices are falling down then simply wait and keep holding your coins. Wait for the time when the price will rise. No other option is better then this.The best strategy is just opposite  to the above given statement.Buy at low price and sell at high price is the best choice.Just keep on saving your coins when the prices are low.Bitcoin is never stable ,if the prices are low right now then their is nothing to panic just keep holding your coins and sell only when the market value is high.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101

i do think as an investors we need to know when to stop. Its true last year bitcoin hype is so high and many people buying it on high price and they regret it after big correction. But i do think the best way to invest in crypto is hold and what you need is you need to realize and face the reality, dont be greedy or it will make you regret. Just sell when you think its enough.
Activity: 420
DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY
of course the better thing to do is buy a low price and sell at a high price, if when you buy then the price goes down then you better to hold it because if you sell at a high price you will lose
Activity: 476
If I have enough profit then I will sell it but if its not enough i  would rather hold it than selling in a low price. Holding it for a long time is very much better than panic selling. I prefer long time invest.
Exactly, buy low and sell in higher  rate,if you invested at low rates and time to collect the profits, and price is high surely you will earn double  amount of  your  investment. I advice  to hold your coin if price is low try to hold a little  bit and wait for  few days  and have a better deal.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
I guess that you've made a mistake in a title. It makes no sense to buy something at high and sell at low. You will just lose a lot of money. So recommended way is to buy crypto at low, then hold it and wait for price growth and then sell it at high.
Activity: 112

Buy high, sell low is a clear loss. You do the other way around to have a profit. I think the you hold and sell depending on your target profit and based on your analysis on the market trend. The data and instincts plays a vital role on this. If you bought it 2 years ago then probably I have already sold it when the price was on 10k-19k range. Even at 10k price, you have already gained by more than 10 folds.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101

Buying high and sell low is not a good strategy to a good trader. It can cause you to lose your money. If you find its red just be patient and wait for the right time to sell. Wait for the price to get high again and then sell do not be greedy in selling your coins which you buy at high price already.
Pages:
Jump to: