Pages:
Author

Topic: BuyBitCoins.com - Buy Bitcoins with your credit card - page 2. (Read 52406 times)

Activity: 429
Merit: 919
Good job. You should also show some info that makes the customer trust you (in addition to your name and website), people don't want to give their credit card details to just any site. But you probably know that already :]

In 1971 the US Treasury stopped backing US Dollars with gold (see HowStuffWorks.com), but this did not devalue the dollar. Currencies derive their value based on how difficult they are to obtain. Bitcoins are valuable because they are limited, and they can only be generated through a slow computational process. It takes time, electricity and computers to generate bitcoins.

Actually, Bitcoins are valuable because there are people who accept Bitcoin for payment, i.e. they can be exchanged for other things of value. The limitedness of Bitcoins just helps keep that value.
Activity: 490
Merit: 509
My avatar pic says it all
You get an A+ for convenience, but selling an irrevocable currency for revocable credit is fundamentally a bad idea.

:/
Activity: 124
Merit: 16
I just finished writing a simple website which accepts credit card payments and gives out bitcoins.
I already have an Authorize.net credit card account, so I was able to implement this payment system
pretty quickly.  Please send me any suggestions that you have for the site.  Beware that
I have not yet added an SSL certificate to this site because of the cost, so don't use my website
if you're on an unsecured wifi network.

https://www.buybitcoins.com

-Joey Rich
[email protected]
Pages:
Jump to: