Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying $30 in Bitcoin on Tuesday! For El Salvador and for Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 263 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417
Michael Saylor is a genius. $30 would pump bitcoin to the fucking moon. Now the hype is building even $100k looks like a modest guess. I'd say $1million is now in the realm of the possibilities. God bless Michael. He will lead us to victory.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 58
is this the reason why the pump happened since yesterday ? this big event on El Salvador as this is almost 100 million dollars worth of bitcoin to be added in capitalization ?
Activity: 2912
Merit: 900
I don't get the point of this idea.This is more like a silly BTC price pump attempt,rather than showing support.
Do you really think that buying 30USD worth of BTC for yourself is "showing support and solidarity to the people of El Salvador"?
This is more like buying yourself a hamburger for the whole purpose of showing support and solidarity to all the people around the world,who are starving. Sad
A better idea would be sending 30USD worth of Bitcoins to person in El Salvador,who is actually using Bitcoin.
I know that this idea will turn into scam,because too many people will try to abuse it,but at least we will be helping some people.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 10505
Much better would be: Buy Bitcoin for 30$ in the next dip for solidarity with El Salvador!
This is always good in theory but in practice this can be terrible because market behavior is not being considered here. For example when price is rising, the "dip" itself will be at a higher price. Take the current trend, we may as well see the next dip at $55k meaning something like going from $52k to $57k then coming down to $55k. Consequently waiting for a "dip" means you've just lost $3k advantage.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 207
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
wow , i remember recently only senior citizen was being announced to ha receiving Bitcoin for trials but now the whole El Salvadorian will be given as well?

there is a protest about retired people against bitcoin in that country right?

Hope this will generate climb in bitcoin price as i can't wait to see it going back to 60,000 .
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
That's probably the most immature idea I've heard in a while. You may want to support the president of El Salvador, but you should let those affect the market and see curiously how it goes. Buying $30, specifically, is dumb the least. First off, you've spread it across the internet. I've even got a twitter notification from this known “Saylor Moon” that they'll pump the market.

Please stop seeing Bitcoin as a speculative asset as much as possible; it'd be nice to start having some sort of stabilization now that it starts being a legal tender.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
If those 3M members are all active then why not. $30 is not that much though even it dumps below $52k as of the price todate it will not affect mich. But as of writing there are only +9k upvotes of the post which probably are the only ones who agreed and seen the post.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
How nice a world we live in if everybody could think that those 3.3 million community members of reddit are all real, or that even they would buy any amount of Bitcoin. Reddit/Twitter are full of shillers and maybe only 10% real people.

Ok this forum also has a lot of fakes but I believe at least 30,000 (1%) of those reddit people are real people here using and buying Bitcoin every day.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 6012
Decentralization Maximalist
This is a very bad idea - the market is already bullish, so trying to pump Bitcoin even higher for a short term spike will only lead to more volatility, and earlier than expected to the next crash (which will scare away people in El Salvador and elsewhere, maybe even other governments!).

Much better would be: Buy Bitcoin for 30$ in the next dip for solidarity with El Salvador!

(Alternatively: Set a limit order for 30$ well below the current price, and don't touch it!)

This would perhaps have even more bullish consequences: As the next dip would not get as deep as expected, bears would be more wary, other governments which are observing Bitcoin (Tanzania, Cuba, Paraguay ...) would be less scared by the price swings, and more countries could adopt it Smiley

(by the way: is Saylor the 2021 edition of Fontas, now? Is he even allowed to do that, as a well-known Bitcoin whale?)
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
I just saw it and I think there are some of us here who would like to join. Bitcoin is legal tender in El Salvador and every citizen of the country will be given $30 worth of Bitcoin. Now history is being made and out of solidarity with El Salvador a lot of people want to buy Bitcoin for 30$. I think it is an interesting idea.
Happy to see bitcoin finally recognised by some big authorities (govs) .
I find it a nice initiative to support El Salvador. But i think it would be hard for a group of entouthiast redditors to cause a big spike, we need a large number of buyers to pump the price by only doing repetitive transactions in 30$. The idea is genuis imo, and i think about its impacts when applied with another cryptocurrency less bigger than bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1566
I just saw it and I think there are some of us here who would like to join. Bitcoin is legal tender in El Salvador and every citizen of the country will be given $30 worth of Bitcoin. Now history is being made and out of solidarity with El Salvador a lot of people want to buy Bitcoin for 30$. I think it is an interesting idea.

So… We all buying $30 worth of Bitcoin on Tuesday?
/r/all
I know I will Smiley

EDIT: 3,316,862 Community Members X $30/each = $99,505,860 (give or take based on currencies used)

EDIT 2: El Salvador will have the crypto launch @ 3PM. I say we coordinate for this time, which is 2PM Pacific Standard time. Thoughts?

EDIT 3: i have meant this as more of a support gesture, rather than a pump. Its a first that a nation has adopted Bitcoin. This is an important time in Bitcoin. Lets show El Salvador, for those who are on the fence about it still, that Bitcoin has value for them. And for every one. Bitcoin is meaningful.

EDIT 4: Thank you all for the support. Thank you all for the awards. Lets spread the thread. Across all platforms.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/phgtq2/so_we_all_buying_30_worth_of_bitcoin_on_tuesday/

Source: https://twitter.com/michael_saylor/status/1434850362943438852
Pages:
Jump to: