Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying Amazon Gift cards with BTC? Beware! - page 2. (Read 482 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 4
~

Why don't you try SureRemit for such purchases? They have Amazon, Walmart, Target and close to 2000+ merchants across 45+ countries on their app. They are also launching their web based platform which will allow users to transact on the go. you can pay for these giftcards using RMT (native to SureRemit), but we are soon launching a feature where you can pay for these services using BTC, ETH, LTC and a few other prominent tokens. You don't have to worry about the authenticity as they are directly sourcing the Gift cards from the companies.
Activity: 686
Merit: 45
Half value = red flag.

But  there are ways to earn 5 dollar amazon cards for free via the bing search engine.

I suspect  someone has 1000 emails and with scrypt coding  could earn 1000 x 5 = 5000 in cards a month.

I earn 1 every 22-28 days as does my wife.
How does it work and what do you need to do? Are you receiving points just for using bing and google?
I would never purchase a gift card from a seller advertising that he has a huge amount or that he can get any amount anytime. Those are hardly legit.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Half value = red flag.

But  there are ways to earn 5 dollar amazon cards for free via the bing search engine.

I suspect  someone has 1000 emails and with scrypt coding  could earn 1000 x 5 = 5000 in cards a month.

I earn 1 every 22-28 days as does my wife.

you can earn 150+100+20 = 270 points in a day + 30 in quizzes so 300  but you need a cell phone.  to get about 9000 points a month

with no cell phone  150+20= 170 + 30 in  quizzes do 200 a day or 6000 points a month.

I have to think  some people  are earning a ton of cards via multiple emails

I earned one today  with a bing account .
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
I never understood why would anybody sell thousands of giftcards at half of their value.
One of the main reasons for this is to buy Bitcoin anonymously. You can buy gift cards using cash and then use those cards to buy BTC without exposing your bank account or personal information to risk.
Read more ---> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.40867156

There are many ways to get some cuts, but trust remains a crucial factor.
Many sites impose restrictions to make sure you do not buy illegal cards ex Bitify.com (semi-Darknet bitcoin market.)
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
As an addendum to this, if you are buying a gift card at less than cost price, then you are almost certainly buying a gift card which has been stolen, or bought with stolen ("carded") credit card details.

I never understood why would anybody sell thousands of giftcards at half of their value.
It's ok if you have one two codes and you have nothing to order and are just sitting there, but when you deal with thousands of dollars it's damn obvious you should use those gift cards yourself and better sell the merchandise.

If this gift card is reported as being stolen or fraudulent obtained, and you use it, you will obviously lose the value as the card, and also run the risk of losing your account. With Amazon this can also mean a permanent blacklist of your address and other accounts details (email, credit card number, etc.)

Rather than risk its more like a guarantee, I was just talking on another topic these days how Amazon has a habit of blacklisting even legit cards if they don't like the issuer and from that, I can guess what will happen if you're labeled as a fraudulent user.
Not even mentioning they have if not your real address at least the shipping address...

Really not worth it for a few bucks.
Activity: 104
Merit: 28
Thank you both for the advisement.

Not that I would likely buy gift cards with BTC, but I did put in my list of things you can buy with bitcoin, on another post so I will add a postscript. I would want everyone to be aware of the hazards of buying gifts cards from unreliable sources.

And thanks for the tip of Bitrefill. I was just reading the reviews and it seems to be working well for people.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18586
As an addendum to this, if you are buying a gift card at less than cost price, then you are almost certainly buying a gift card which has been stolen, or bought with stolen ("carded") credit card details. If this gift card is reported as being stolen or fraudulent obtained, and you use it, you will obviously lose the value as the card, and also run the risk of losing your account. With Amazon this can also mean a permanent blacklist of your address and other accounts details (email, credit card number, etc.)

If you are going to trade bitcoins for gift cards, best to stick to a big retailer such as Bitrefill.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
Actually, there's a lot of demand regarding such digital and/or physical gift cards which gives thieves a chance to make their move and lay down a trap for newbies and even experienced guys with a great need for this thing. You should be extremely careful while dealing with these sellers and only look for the most trustworthy person who is actually in business whether you try to find one over this forum or somewhere else. Although, I've seen even most trusted users turning into scammers, let's talk about how they can scam you:

- By either giving you a used gift card number
- Or giving you a gift card worth less than what's promised
- Worst would be when they leave you without giving anything to you and just run away with your BTC,

And as you know, BTC is irreversible so you can't even claim anything back. So, be very much aware of the purchases you make and always look for a very trustworthy guy to purchase such things. I won't advice about any escrow because my experience says that nobody will accept to become an escrow for such deals due to the fact that they can't check the gift card for you and they won't bet their dignity for some bucks where you may come up and say that the escrow cheated you by redeeming the code himself.
Pages:
Jump to: