Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying Bitmain or Bitfury ASIC chips directly - page 4. (Read 4457 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 6
Long term HODLer since 2014
November 27, 2017, 03:00:33 AM
Been tried, didn't work then, probably won't now unless you gots mega$$ and inside contacts!

Hmm  Undecided I guess the circuitry isn't that complicated when I looked at my Antminer S9. Why does it take mega bucks $$ to do this?
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
November 17, 2017, 03:54:29 PM
Considering it would take months to build prototypes with the naked chips and all sorts of other things it makes no sense whatsoever since bitmains shipping time is normally under 60 days from the time of order.

Why instead of having a modicum of patience are you wanting to tank your entire business with some poorly thought out scheme to build your own stuff?
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
November 17, 2017, 01:47:32 PM
Does anyone know how to buy bitmain or bitfury chips directly? I am thinking about doing a group-buy of custom rigs. The Bitmain wait is absolutely insane.

What do people think about this idea?

I believe Bitfury's minimum order size is $1m. Bitmain doesn't sell their naked chips - even if they did, since there is wait for their units, why would they sell a key component so someone can beat them to market?
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
November 17, 2017, 11:17:23 AM
Been tried, didn't work then, probably won't now unless you gots mega$$ and inside contacts!
Activity: 129
Merit: 6
Long term HODLer since 2014
November 17, 2017, 05:37:54 AM
Does anyone know how to buy bitmain or bitfury chips directly? I am thinking about doing a group-buy of custom rigs. The Bitmain wait is absolutely insane.

What do people think about this idea?
Pages:
Jump to: