Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying ETH now is the most retarded move a person can make - page 2. (Read 3784 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
You're right, buying ETH is retarded right now.

I'll be happy to take all your ETH at 1sat/1ETH

PM me and let's do it.

I can buy all the Eth at 100 Satoshi/Eth. That will make you 100 times profit instantly. So let us do it.

I think he is just trolling. Do not take him too seriously. There are too many trolls for the Ethereum.

I can see why you think it was a troll but I am/was dead serious about the offer of 1sat/1ETH for anyone's ETH

If you are serious about the offer one 1 satosh/ETH, you should sell at 10000 Satosh/ETH to others and buy back cheaper.
Activity: 125

PM me and let's do it.

I can buy all the Eth at 100 Satoshi/Eth. That will make you 100 times profit instantly. So let us do it.

I think he is just trolling. Do not take him too seriously. There are too many trolls for the Ethereum.

I can see why you think it was a troll but I am/was dead serious about the offer of 1sat/1ETH for anyone's ETH
ETH have large capital behind, ~ 18 millions USD. Which other altcoin have such a capital ? So if you know really ETH market, you can buy now and sale later.  Grin

Why do you say that? The ETH has about $1billion market cap the moment. much more than $18 million.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
ETH have large capital behind, ~ 18 millions USD. Which other altcoin have such a capital ? So if you know really ETH market, you can buy now and sale later.  Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
Well lets look at what happened: a hacker found a loop hole in a contract and exploited it. Not only that he stole some money, but it could affect the future of the project but letting an ill intented hacker having up to 14% of ethereum total tokens would put the project at risk. What signal would give this to the future projects made on ethereum ? You want to bring blockchain and contracts into mainstream but then you show investors / companies no support at all ? They cannot embrace a new technology with a whole new bag of risks that comes with it if they get no support. Ethereum is still beta / developing and showing potential investors / companies that the project / miners / stakers would back them up by voting  if something like this happens, especially in beta mode.
Hard fork is not a bad thing unless theres no consensus. This is not bitcoin china where 95% of the hashrate is controled by 10 people, with 2 of them controlling 50%, to argue that the consensus consists of 3-4 people's interest. It consists of thousands of people/miners interest, and their interest is for the project to succeed.
Yes, what happened was bad, especially short them, and theres a very small risk it could kill the project. But if it survives, and 99% will, it will become stronger.
Ofc there are alot of fear mongers, some of them bitcoin maximalist who fear ethereum, some shorters who were hoping it would go to 1$, hoping to  make a 10x profit and now are desperate because the price actually holds.

Let us put this on a row:

- ethereum is in beta test mode, so anything goes.  Is this the place to have projects with a crowd funding of hundreds of millions ?

- a single person having up to 14% of ethereum is visibly a problem, then why was a single project (the DAO) a few times larger ?

- the value proposition of ethereum and smart contracts was "the code is the law" but it isn't because you have too much money invested in a too big to fail project IN BETA TEST MODE ?

So then you guys "voted" to put a funny hack in the code to do away with "the code is the law", and to do away with the "immutability of the chain", which were exactly the two value propositions of ethereum.

Instead of the dictate of democracy where a majority imposes its will (especially its will to kill the basic tenets on which the system is supposed to be build), a fork is way, way better: those that go with "too big to fail and bailout" have ETH, and those that want to stick with "the code is the law" and immutability have ETC.  Everyone happy.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

PM me and let's do it.

PM me and let's do it.

Activity: 125

PM me and let's do it.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
Yes, have to agree. It's so close to this fork foolishness you would have to be pretty brave to commit now, before it actually happens. I will say the price has been unreasonably stable, despite the news. Its been hovering around 10.50 ish for a while now despite the news subsequent the hack, surely it can only go down?
This is not the best time to buy ethereum its boring but its better to buy tools for mining ethereum because according for other miners ethereum are still profitable using gpu..

Ethereum mining cost money and energy and efforts. When the Ethereum price drops a lot, you cannot get ROI.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
This is not the best time to buy ethereum its boring but its better to buy tools for mining ethereum because according for other miners ethereum are still profitable using gpu..
After the hard fork the price will go up because everything will be back to normal. Becose ETH is a PRE-MINED coin, ultra manipuled by whales.

i am not so sure about that anymore. because people have lost faith in ethereum and nobody will really invest any money into it anymore. and whales can throw their money at it as much as they want but the rise will never be the same and everyone is only looking for a way out.

You might be right. But why are people still investing in the mining equipment to mine the Etheruem?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
After the hard fork the price will go up because everything will be back to normal. Becose ETH is a PRE-MINED coin, ultra manipuled by whales.

i am not so sure about that anymore. because people have lost faith in ethereum and nobody will really invest any money into it anymore. and whales can throw their money at it as much as they want but the rise will never be the same and everyone is only looking for a way out.
Activity: 157
It seems someone is trying to unload their ETH before 'supporting' the market because the hard fork. Whales does not want the price to collapse now as they have not finished selling. The ETH market looks calm but it won't be so after the 'floodgate' is released.

ok , preparing to buy more ETH fast
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
It seems someone is trying to unload their ETH before 'supporting' the market because the hard fork. Whales does not want the price to collapse now as they have not finished selling. The ETH market looks calm but it won't be so after the 'floodgate' is released.
Activity: 222
Looks like there are same result so i think its better to don;t invest or buy bitcoin so that you may not lose your money.. better to buy bitcoin instead to make more profit after block halving..

wait what did just happen? i'm confused; "better to don;t invest or buy bitcoin" or "better to buy bitcoin instead to make more profit?"

@op it is still not a good time to buy eth; i wonder when it actually was tho!
its gonna take a looong time for eth to recover (if it ever does!) no rush tho, we'll all be around & see what'll happen!

Activity: 661
Merit: 581
Ethereum is long term project, HF will show the power of community. I think price will go up after the Hard Fork
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Activity: 1190
Merit: 260
Tryig to survive in this harsh world
What if the buyers are right and we are the fools for not buying in now ? anything can happen in crypto world and maybe the hard fork will prove that the community is strong.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Alot of these Ethereum Maximalist are going around and telling people to buy that crap, because they believe that it is the "perfect" time to buy.
#

Now is not the perfect time to buy. We should wait after the hard fork to see the effect on the price.
Pages:
Jump to: