Pages:
Author

Topic: BUYING GAMING LAPTOP or Computer need advice - page 2. (Read 2371 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.4GHz LGA1150 -
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 92mm -
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-Gaming 3 Red -
Monitor: BenQ 19" Wide LED Monitor G910WAL -
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB 4Gbx2 DDR3 1600 CL9 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) Red -
HDD: Seagate 1TB (ST1000DM003) 64Mb Cache -
ODD: Asus OEM DRW-24B1ST -  >> you can remove this if you want
Video Card: MSI R9 270 Twin Frozr Gaming 2GD5 256bit Red -
-snip-
You are trying to build a desktop? This is wrong.
That CPU and GPU could be considered low end these days. The CPU will be the bottleneck of that system. Anything under i5 could be considered useless these days.
The GPU is decent, but the X variant is better. With an i7 you could average 30-40 FPS in GTA V (1080p High settings).
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
To God Be The Glory!
i have been reading all your comments and suggestion. . one of member here posted some specs here can you tell me if this good or not. ?,

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.4GHz LGA1150 -
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 92mm -
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-Gaming 3 Red -
Monitor: BenQ 19" Wide LED Monitor G910WAL -
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB 4Gbx2 DDR3 1600 CL9 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) Red -
HDD: Seagate 1TB (ST1000DM003) 64Mb Cache -
ODD: Asus OEM DRW-24B1ST -  >> you can remove this if you want
Video Card: MSI R9 270 Twin Frozr Gaming 2GD5 256bit Red -
Chassis: BitFenix Comrade White -
Power Supply: Cooler Master GX2 550watts 80+ Bronze -
Keyboard: Logitech K100 Keyboard -
Mouse: Logitech B100 -

What do you think guys, what are the disadvantage if i build this. Do you think it will run games like GTA 5 with high resolution.
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
My advice is get a desktop lol
Activity: 686
Those are probably the best gaming laptops on your budget http://pcgamerhome.com/gaming-laptops-under-1000/
Thanks man. I could use this.
legendary
Terminated.
Just for example, major GPU developers prefer the rebranding of old products (e.g. Radeon HD 7970M => Radeon HD 8970M) instead of trying to release some new product. And this will continue as long as people are buying renamed hardware.

It doesn't seem a technological issue because we have no such problem with other mobile products such as smartphones or tablets.
We have the exact same problem on desktops. Radeon 7950 was rebranded as r9 280 and it is now going to be r9 380. This is something that I'm not comfortable with at all. I've actually sold my GPUs and I'm not going to buy one until something new actually gets released. You're correct; mobile products have been exponentially getting better.
Let's make an example here:
Galaxy S3 (released 3 years ago) has a Exynos 4412 Quad processor which is made with the 32 nm process. Mali-400MP4
Galaxy S6 (released 2 months ago) has a Exynos 7450 processor which is made with the 14 nm process. Mali-T760MP8

The competition is hard and they have been improving as much as they can. I'm trying to state the obvious, the GPUs did also become better with each year while on desktops/laptops the story is quite different.

Also you can see from the plethora of replies that most people don't even read the posts. Maybe OP would be better off with a good laptop that has over 10 hours of battery life?
Activity: 891
lenovo y50 is pretty good .the lenovo Y line seems great Gaming laptops that are pretty affordable
You should check it out.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
You might be onto something. Usually the "gaming laptops" have very weak batteries even when you just use them for surfing the internet. I don't think that "gaming laptops" are here yet.
Intel Core M shows high gains when it comes to energy, but we have a long way to go.
Just for example, major GPU developers prefer the rebranding of old products (e.g. Radeon HD 7970M => Radeon HD 8970M) instead of trying to release some new product. And this will continue as long as people are buying renamed hardware.

It doesn't seem a technological issue because we have no such problem with other mobile products such as smartphones or tablets.
legendary
Terminated.
An opinion is by definition subjective as it only conveys someone's particular point of view. Sorry I couldn't help it  Tongue
True objectivity can only exist if the observer is completely separate from the whole and this is something impossible to achieve.
Regarding Win 10, I don't know if it's good or not but I will most definitely give it a try (I've got a legit win 8.1 and have already reserved by copy of win 10, yay!!!  Cool )
As a fan of voice control, Nuance was one of the first software I tried and yea it's not bad. So far I find Google voice search the most accurate, it recognizes almost everything I say (the only exceptions are obscure names or words that are not found in the dictionary). Siri is also very good but I have not tried Cortana yet. Voice recognition in Win 8.1 is already pretty decent, sometimes I sit back on my bed and talk to my computer and it understands me  Grin
Nobody was calling upon true objectivity, and it is fine. We can definitely be objective to a degree if we consider the technical aspects rather than I like it because it is *insert company*. That's what I'm pointing out.
Windows 8 was bad and 8.1 is just a fix.  We all know that XP was great, then came the lame Vista. Windows 7 was great, and Windows 8 was a flop so Windows 10 is supposed to be great as well.
However, this isn't really the case. It's nice that you know about Nuance, rarely anyone does (that I come across).  Smiley
If the last part is unfortunately true you should visit a psychologist. It doesn't understand you (it is not AI); the code does.

Any so-called "gaming laptop" is a worthless shit, mediocre battery lifetime & performance for high-end price. Please, don't even think about buying it.

// Samsung X700T1C user. Cheesy
You might be onto something. Usually the "gaming laptops" have very weak batteries even when you just use them for surfing the internet. I don't think that "gaming laptops" are here yet.
Intel Core M shows high gains when it comes to energy, but we have a long way to go.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I don't know man, this one could be different. Up until recently I'd been using Linux almost exclusively but I gotta say I'm kind of excited about Win 10. I'm a big fan of voice control technology and I can't wait to see how good Cortana is. Not to mention being able to play Xbox games from your pc sounds kinda neat  Smiley
That's a subjective opinion. Overall Windows 10 isn't even good. They are even actively going to force people to join especially gamers due to DirectX. Cortana will probably be the same as the updated Siri, nothing exciting there. You do realize that there is a reason why Cortana isn't coming to Win 7? There is other software that enables voice control that is decent as well (e.g. Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking).

I'll let Doge explain this one:

An opinion is by definition subjective as it only conveys someone's particular point of view. Sorry I couldn't help it  Tongue
True objectivity can only exist if the observer is completely separate from the whole and this is something impossible to achieve.
Regarding Win 10, I don't know if it's good or not but I will most definitely give it a try (I've got a legit win 8.1 and have already reserved by copy of win 10, yay!!!  Cool )
As a fan of voice control, Nuance was one of the first software I tried and yea it's not bad. So far I find Google voice search the most accurate, it recognizes almost everything I say (the only exceptions are obscure names or words that are not found in the dictionary). Siri is also very good but I have not tried Cortana yet. Voice recognition in Win 8.1 is already pretty decent, sometimes I sit back on my bed and talk to my computer and it understands me  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Any so-called "gaming laptop" is a worthless shit, mediocre battery lifetime & performance for high-end price. Please, don't even think about buying it.

// Samsung X700T1C user. Cheesy

legendary
Terminated.
I don't know man, this one could be different. Up until recently I'd been using Linux almost exclusively but I gotta say I'm kind of excited about Win 10. I'm a big fan of voice control technology and I can't wait to see how good Cortana is. Not to mention being able to play Xbox games from your pc sounds kinda neat  Smiley
That's a subjective opinion. Overall Windows 10 isn't even good. They are even actively going to force people to join especially gamers due to DirectX. Cortana will probably be the same as the updated Siri, nothing exciting there. You do realize that there is a reason why Cortana isn't coming to Win 7? There is other software that enables voice control that is decent as well (e.g. Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking).

I'll let Doge explain this one:
legendary
Don't even bother with Windows 10 just download a copy of windows 7 and get a cheap DVD-RW and slot it in or you can install on a USB.

I don't know man, this one could be different. Up until recently I'd been using Linux almost exclusively but I gotta say I'm kind of excited about Win 10. I'm a big fan of voice control technology and I can't wait to see how good Cortana is. Not to mention being able to play Xbox games from your pc sounds kinda neat  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Don't even bother with Windows 10 just download a copy of windows 7 and get a cheap DVD-RW and slot it in or you can install on a USB.
legendary
How about this ASUS laptop for around $850 - 

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 2GB GDDR3
• Intel Core i7 4th Gen 4710HQ (2.50GHz)
• 8GB Memory 1TB HDD
• 15.6" 1920 x 1080
• Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Don't forget, if you buy it before the end of July and you'll be able to upgrade to Win 10 for free Wink And to make this even sweeter you can pay for it with Bitcoin  Cool

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232132
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
Clevo w230st. An Nvidia 765m which can run most new games at max settings with minimal to no lag
Activity: 1498
Merit: 502
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
>gaming laptop
Op, people dont use laptops to play games, if you keep it on for too long it will overheat or get damaged, but if you absolutely need a laptop, I guess a chromebook will do
legendary
Activity: 1540
I realise what you're thinking, but one thing you clearly haven't considered is that there's no way in hell anyone in their right mind would carry a laptop that expensive out in the open at an airport. If somebody knew about computers and saw you playing GTA V while you were waiting they might try to grab it and run.

In a hotel with a locked door? On an airplane where the thief can't run anywhere? Sure, but it'd be dumb to go around playing Battlefield 4 etc. out in public unless you were absolutely sure you wouldn't get robbed.
legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
Buy a cheap $500 something with i5/i7, dedicated gfx, with lowest RAM/HDD combo you can find. Then buy RAM and EVO SSD and throw out the HHD. Huh PROFIT!!!

psst: lenovo
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
MSI or Asus rog IMO mate.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
$1000 is too less for a gaming laptop. You can build a good gaming desktop at that price.

i want laptop soo i can play and carry it anywhere i cant carry desktop and monitor on airport .  Grin Grin

Then you must go for a complete 4 gb ram and i5 processor laptop . I think laptops should have a direct charging slot so that the battery may not get affected . It may have effect on motherboard but at least we can save laptop batteries .
Pages:
Jump to: