Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying Silver - page 2. (Read 2030 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 26, 2014, 06:44:17 PM
Yeah physical goods are meant to be stored and only sold when you really need it. For example since im poor as fuck the other day I had to sell some gold rings from my family. Really sad, as it was just to pay some bills.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 500
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
July 26, 2014, 03:28:34 PM
Trading physical silver is cumbersome and a waste of time. Do not buy it for trading, only buy it as 'insurance' or 'savings'. 

If you want to trade silver (not recommended), just use the ETFs or silver miner shares.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
July 26, 2014, 02:43:18 PM
There are some people selling silver in the Marketplace and Auction sections of this forum.

Other than that, you could order silver directly from the US, South Africa, Canada, Australia, China, and New Zealand governments (just a few of many.) They'll always charge a tad more than spot because they need to make some money off the sale, but you're buying to invest right? The objective would be to hold onto the sliver until the value exceeds the spot and premium you paid.

You can also go to your local coin shop and buy silver.

To sell it, you can definitely go to your local coin shop but you can also find people on this forum and eBay to buy your silver.

Worst case scenario, if the dollar were to really decline in value having silver on hand might be wise at least as a store of value (and if things get really bad as an exchange for goods and services.)

The government mints I mentioned above make really beautiful silver and gold coins.
This is a good guide.

There are quite a few reputable stores in the US, Canada, South Africa, Australia, China, etc. That sell silver rounds or bullion that you can go buy from. They do have about a $2-$3 mark-up (Or at least the one place in Canada I order from) but holding will most likely allow for it to be paid off very soon

Just make sure that you keep track of what you paid for it, since the government will want your capital gains tax if you sell it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
July 25, 2014, 06:10:26 PM
There are some people selling silver in the Marketplace and Auction sections of this forum.

Other than that, you could order silver directly from the US, South Africa, Canada, Australia, China, and New Zealand governments (just a few of many.) They'll always charge a tad more than spot because they need to make some money off the sale, but you're buying to invest right? The objective would be to hold onto the sliver until the value exceeds the spot and premium you paid.

You can also go to your local coin shop and buy silver.

To sell it, you can definitely go to your local coin shop but you can also find people on this forum and eBay to buy your silver.

Worst case scenario, if the dollar were to really decline in value having silver on hand might be wise at least as a store of value (and if things get really bad as an exchange for goods and services.)

The government mints I mentioned above make really beautiful silver and gold coins.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
July 25, 2014, 04:55:36 PM
I was thinking about buying 50+ ounces of silver and just a little worried about not only the speculation of silver but where to buy it for the best +spot price. I was looking at apmex which seem to be the best, but if buy silver for 1 dollar over spot where do you then sell that silver? if it goes up 5 bucks and I take it to a silver/gold place arent they allways going to offer underspot? Is Craigslist or ebay the only option to sell for a fair price? Do you guys have any recommendations on where to buy and what to look out for? I am pretty sure I am going to get bars over coins.

Edit- I was going to do the easy thing and just purchase SLV but there seems to be a lot of bad news about that ETF and I jsut want to have silver in hand.
Pages:
Jump to: