Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy/Sell your BTC for Cash in London, Amsterdam, Rotterdam (for GBP, EUR) - page 2. (Read 2526 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502
* Buying Bitcoin *
What safety guarantees can you offers sellers? I'm asking because there were stories on the Localbitcoins forum earlier this year about a group of persons inviting to trade at cafes in London and during the trade a Mickey Mouse incident ensued. One of the stories quoted from Localbitcoins:

More stories on the Localbitcoins forum collectively backing up these incidents. I'm not saying you intend to do this but in light of this trend of assault-and-steal pattern of crimes, what guarantees can you provide assuring this will not happen? I notice you have a 3-week old LBC account, all the more reason to invite some form of guarantee or at least explain here how the transaction will take place.

Why not use an escrow provider here?

Your considerations are absolutely reasonable and we're also have same risks from our side.
Using any escrow service with acceptable reputation is possible and we are ok with it.
The only nuance is the commission of the escrow. During the special offer period, with 0% commission from our side we'll have to put this expenses on the customer side.

As you already mentioned our Localbitcoins account, you may check it has some transactions and positive feedback from traders with relatively big volumes. Of course you can argue it might be not real, etc. Only time will judge, because no-one can avoid account ban or negative responses if it's used for scamming people. And account already has some time behind itself.

We have an office on Brook Street we can meet there if the amount is somewhat big, in other cases we appoint a public places.

To earn trust we are acting like this during first meeting:
- we meet in a public place in central London, we have a list of preferable places, but can meet anywhere you'd like if it's secure enough
- we do a brief acquaintance and confirm initiation of the deal
- we give you an approximate amount of cash you'll receive after exchange order on the market will settle BEFORE you send anything to our wallet.
- after the first confirmation, we sell exactly the same amount you sent, using our own funds on the market to speed up the deal. As soon as order is executed we fix the rate and do final mutual settlements

Basically there is two ways:
1. Use some escrow service
2. If you have no history with the peer and no references for him you have to decide yourself if it's secure and trustworthy enough to deal peer-to-peer.

If you have some ideas besides using escrow and above stated schema, we'd love to hear it.

Why should someone come to YOUR office & then wait for YOU to SELL bitcoin BEFORE they get paid for it?
If this is the way you want to trade, then only God can help people who would be willing to trade with you.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
What safety guarantees can you offers sellers? I'm asking because there were stories on the Localbitcoins forum earlier this year about a group of persons inviting to trade at cafes in London and during the trade a Mickey Mouse incident ensued. One of the stories quoted from Localbitcoins:

More stories on the Localbitcoins forum collectively backing up these incidents. I'm not saying you intend to do this but in light of this trend of assault-and-steal pattern of crimes, what guarantees can you provide assuring this will not happen? I notice you have a 3-week old LBC account, all the more reason to invite some form of guarantee or at least explain here how the transaction will take place.

Your considerations are absolutely reasonable and we're also have same risks from our side.
Using any escrow service with acceptable reputation is possible and we are ok with it.
The only nuance is the commission of the escrow. During the special offer period, with 0% commission from our side we'll have to put this expenses on the customer side.

As you already mentioned our Localbitcoins account, you may check it has some transactions and positive feedback from traders with relatively big volumes. Of course you can argue it might be not real, etc. Only time will judge, because no-one can avoid account ban or negative responses if it's used for scamming people. And account already has some time behind itself.

We have an office on Brook Street we can meet there if the amount is somewhat big, in other cases we appoint a public places.

To earn trust we are acting like this during first meeting:
- we meet in a public place in central London, we have a list of preferable places, but can meet anywhere you'd like if it's secure enough
- we do a brief acquaintance and confirm initiation of the deal
- we give you an approximate amount of cash you'll receive after exchange order on the market will settle BEFORE you send anything to our wallet.
- after the first confirmation, we sell exactly the same amount you sent, using our own funds on the market to speed up the deal. As soon as order is executed we fix the rate and do final mutual settlements

Basically there is two ways:
1. Use some escrow service
2. If you have no history with the peer and no references for him you have to decide yourself if it's secure and trustworthy enough to deal peer-to-peer.

If you have some ideas besides using escrow and above stated schema, we'd love to hear it.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
I can't just quote the entire post of the poster ahead of me but what he said is actually true as I read the entire transcript, I felt for the victim.
I earlier thought this immoral behaviour is limited to some part of the world but coming from London, I change my view on the subject matter. Security is key in this anonymous world and I am glad that the police there could have an idea about bitcoin if it were here, you will have to spend more money to even get them to listen to you.

@op for me, if you don't have a verifiable address within the city and have established there for a while, I won't show up to meet up anywhere what so ever.

If you cannot answer the above, you better not open for business.
We're looking for long mutually beneficial relationships.

Sell your BTC for cash in person.

We'd like to buy your BTC by the best (highest) rate among Kraken, Bittrex and Poloniex for cash everyday, anytime.

Any reasonable amounts.

For the limited period of time without any commission, just tell you are from bitcointalk. Yes 0% commission!

Our meeting preferences are: cafe, restaurant, our office on Brook Street or public places of your choice in Mayfair area of London.

Contact us:

Telegram: AlexUAE777
Wickr: AlexUAE777
Call: +44 20 328 777 49

Or through our LBC ad.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

http://bit.ly/2wclIFM
http://bit.ly/2jPmKWJ

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
We're looking for long mutually beneficial relationships.

Any reasonable amounts.

Buy BTC BTC for cash in person in London and Amsterdam, Rotterdam.
Sell your BTC BTC for cash in person in London.

We'd like to sell you BTC by the best (lowest) rate among Kraken, Bittrex and Binance for cash everyday, anytime in London and Amsterdam, Rotterdam.
Our commission is +5%

You can sell BTC by the best (highest) rate among Kraken, Bittrex and Binance for cash everyday, anytime in London. Our commission is -1.89%

Any reasonable amounts.

Our meeting preferences are: cafe, restaurant, our office on Brook Street or public places of your choice in Mayfair area of London.
Hotel lobby, cafe, restaurant, airport in Amsterdam, Rotterdam.
Pages:
Jump to: