Pages:
Author

Topic: Bye bye to poloniex as we know it - page 2. (Read 223 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
February 26, 2018, 02:46:50 PM
The acquisition of Poloniex by Circle to me is a welcome development to a lot of people especially those with accounts with Poloniex.
 U can read about the takeover here https://www.ccn.com/circle-acquires-poloniex-focus-crypto-assets-bringing-fiat-pairs/

This is interesting news, but I am not certain if they are good or bad.
Poloniex needs some new blood, that's true. Their support is slow, they need fiat pairs to compete with others, they may need more investments.
But Poloniex was one of the safest exchanges I've been using. If something bad changes in that policy of theirs because of this acquisition it will be unfortunate.

On a bright side, Poloniex knew of this since last year. They announced back then that they will introduce KYC in Q1 2018. Now we know why: because of the fiat transactions. This means that this may be a well-thought step and may be a good one.

The first thing Circle has to do is to revolutionised the support system to clear the backlog of support tickets some almost 6 months old.whats ur take on this.

I still have a ticket waiting for their answer since 45 days ago. If it'll just get thrown away I won't be too happy...
Activity: 233
Merit: 106
The Operating System for DAOs
February 26, 2018, 02:46:23 PM
The old Poloniex is gone, but me thinks this is a change for the better. Hard to imagine things getting worse from here, but I will hold off my reservations until I see something big implemented one way or another.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 02:41:52 PM
If it makes things better then why not. It's my first exchange, and i really appreciate its simplicity.
yes bro. Inspite of all of its shortcomings it still has the best user interface of all exchanges by a long shot
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 02:39:35 PM
I also heard that Poloniex today is playing a very bad game. And in general, the stock exchanges are doing everything just to grab the price of crypto-currencies themselves, it's outrageous, because we tend to suffer from centralized exchanges
Activity: 58
Merit: 4
February 26, 2018, 02:39:07 PM
Is this the start of consolidation for exchanges?
Activity: 854
February 26, 2018, 02:37:58 PM
If it makes things better then why not. It's my first exchange, and i really appreciate its simplicity.
Activity: 124
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 02:36:53 PM
Poloniex outgrew itself I think. Personally, other than some very long support waits the exchange has always been one of the better IMO.

Hopefully Circle can fix the flaws and add some further functionality.
Activity: 420
Merit: 15
February 26, 2018, 02:35:41 PM
Maybe it's good for Polo because now it's dying Exchange with low volumes and no new listings
Activity: 308
February 26, 2018, 02:21:51 PM
The acquisition of Poloniex by Circle to me is a welcome development to a lot of people especially those with accounts with Poloniex. The first thing Circle has to do is to revolutionised the support system to clear the backlog of support tickets some almost 6 months old.whats ur take on this. U can read about the takeover here https://www.ccn.com/circle-acquires-poloniex-focus-crypto-assets-bringing-fiat-pairs/
Pages:
Jump to: