Pages:
Author

Topic: Bytecoin Wallet (GUI) - page 2. (Read 16461 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
April 10, 2015, 06:01:06 AM
My PC froze twice because of your GUI!!!  Angry
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
April 09, 2015, 10:31:40 PM
Is this new wallet open source because I never download crypto-related binaries, and most serious crypto investors are the same. It's much too dangerous.
Oh come on, see ... everything is nice and quiet ... nooobody coulda hide a virus from virustotal, you know?

More precisely "It's Oh So Quiet" from Bjork
you fall in love
zing boom
the sky up above
zing boom
is caving in
wow bam
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
April 09, 2015, 07:15:05 PM
Is this new wallet open source because I never download crypto-related binaries, and most serious crypto investors are the same. It's much too dangerous.

Bytecoin Wallet is currently in open beta. We're still cleaning up the code and basically await your feedback to finalize the Wallet, before we release the sources.
In case you are concerned with this issue, you may continue to use Bytecoin with simplewallet. In any case I would appreciate if you gave Bytecoin Wallet a test drive.

I will stick with simplewallet for now.

I noticed that some of the issues (improper display of spends) with simplewallet were recently cleaned up. FYI, there is still a crash if simplewallet is used on a old wallet without deleting the .dat file.

Thank you for the report. We'll have a look.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
April 09, 2015, 07:08:32 PM

Bytecoin Wallet is currently in open beta. We're still cleaning up the code and basically await your feedback to finalize the Wallet, before we release the sources.
In case you are concerned with this issue, you may continue to use Bytecoin with simplewallet. In any case I would appreciate if you gave Bytecoin Wallet a test drive.

I will stick with simplewallet for now.

I noticed that some of the issues (improper display of spends) with simplewallet were recently cleaned up. FYI, there is still a crash if simplewallet is used on a old wallet without deleting the .dat file.

April 09, 2015, 07:07:02 PM

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
April 09, 2015, 06:38:17 PM
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
April 09, 2015, 05:49:17 PM
Very nice work and I like the first BCN wallet.

Maybe there is space for some improvements:
To the current one: window Transaction details - in the right corner is Question mark, I would expect it will be like a help with explanation of different boxes in the window but you will see only icon of prohibition sign

Will be there possibility to add more own address and manage them from one wallet?
Activity: 9
April 09, 2015, 03:47:17 PM
Are there any other skins? The light version if ok but I'd like to get the 8bit edition  Cool

i was wondering where the skins are too. but then i checked bytecoin roadmap once again. skins will be released later. btw bytecoin wallet looks beautiful now. i'm not sure i want other versions.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
April 09, 2015, 03:43:52 PM
what does "address" in the wallet mean? does the wallet generate new addresses??? Is it my new bytecoin address?? Is it the one i should use?Huh

Yes, when the first opening the wallet generates a new address for the user

Once you open Bytecoin Wallet, it will automatically create your first Bytecoin address and start synchronizing with the network.

If you don't need that, just open the wallet that you used before. You've gotta go File - Open wallet, then find it and hit the button and you're done.

Btw if you're gonna come around and and use the automatically generated address, then you better encrypt it: go Settings - Encrypt wallet and create a password (complex one!).

I think that guides are required in any case. Will it be available on bytecoiner.org?
The wallet is nice, the interface is intuitive. But for a user new to Bitcoin and CryptoNote coins it may be difficult to figure out what's going on.

A video may be even a better idea.

That's a good idea, thank you! The problem is that among those who support Bytecoin community site there is no one who could make such guides.

If you have any ideas or a vision on how this should look like then feel free to help. I would be glad if you PM me or send email.
Activity: 148
April 09, 2015, 03:42:25 PM
What's the "label" in SEND BYTECOINS? Some kind of a payment ID?. But there's already PAYMENT ID at the bottom.

Label here means the name for this address that should be saved in contacts. It is just a good feature to save a new address directly after sending the money to it.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
April 09, 2015, 03:39:48 PM
Could un-encrypted wallet generated with new Bytecoin wallet be opened with simplewallet? Would simplewallet ask to enter password in this case?

As I understand, new wallet files can't be opened with simplewallet at all.
Activity: 421
Merit: 250
April 09, 2015, 03:38:50 PM
I also send a giveaway and I've just tried to send 5000 Bytecoin to 10 people. I thought I have to enter the amount once and than add the addresses but it turned out that I need to enter the amount for each address separately which is not really convenient. Will this feature added in future releases? Huh
Activity: 28
April 09, 2015, 03:38:25 PM

Could you upload this wallet to Windows Store?
Activity: 38
April 09, 2015, 03:37:23 PM
Could un-encrypted wallet generated with new Bytecoin wallet be opened with simplewallet? Would simplewallet ask to enter password in this case?
Activity: 421
Merit: 250
April 09, 2015, 03:35:15 PM
The design is out of this world! It looks great! Cheesy

What does "Locked amount" mean in the wallet? And why do strange amounts like this one pop up?

That's the funds that are not available for spending. It's either unconfirmed transactions, mined coins, or time-locked transfers. It may also contain the change: when you send money to a recipient, Bytecoin actually takes more than it requires for the transfer, makes the transaction, and returns spare coins back to you. So locked amount may temporarily increase after you've sent the money.

The funds are getting unlocked fast. Ordinary transactions require 2-5 minutes, while newly mined coins take about 20 minutes to get unlocked.

Thanks!  Smiley
Activity: 2
April 09, 2015, 03:33:14 PM
Activity: 148
April 09, 2015, 03:30:59 PM
what does "address" in the wallet mean? does the wallet generate new addresses??? Is it my new bytecoin address?? Is it the one i should use?Huh

Yes, when the first opening the wallet generates a new address for the user

Once you open Bytecoin Wallet, it will automatically create your first Bytecoin address and start synchronizing with the network.

If you don't need that, just open the wallet that you used before. You've gotta go File - Open wallet, then find it and hit the button and you're done.

Btw if you're gonna come around and and use the automatically generated address, then you better encrypt it: go Settings - Encrypt wallet and create a password (complex one!).

I think that guides are required in any case. Will it be available on bytecoiner.org?
The wallet is nice, the interface is intuitive. But for a user new to Bitcoin and CryptoNote coins it may be difficult to figure out what's going on.

A video may be even a better idea.
April 09, 2015, 03:26:02 PM
Are there any other skins? The light version if ok but I'd like to get the 8bit edition  Cool

Wallet skins are going to be available in the next release. The 8bit addition might be fun, we'll give it a try.

Actually the wallet is too wide for small notebooks. Is there any way to make it more compact?

It's resizable and should fit within even on the smallest screens. What's your screen resolution?
Activity: 28
April 09, 2015, 03:22:38 PM

Actually the wallet is too wide for small notebooks. Is there any way to make it more compact?
April 09, 2015, 03:12:21 PM
The design is out of this world! It looks great! Cheesy

What does "Locked amount" mean in the wallet? And why do strange amounts like this one pop up?

That's the funds that are not available for spending. It's either unconfirmed transactions, mined coins, or time-locked transfers. It may also contain the change: when you send money to a recipient, Bytecoin actually takes more than it requires for the transfer, makes the transaction, and returns spare coins back to you. So locked amount may temporarily increase after you've sent the money.

The funds are getting unlocked fast. Ordinary transactions require 2-5 minutes, while newly mined coins take about 20 minutes to get unlocked.
Pages:
Jump to: