Pages:
Author

Topic: C# Application to fast "try" to break a public address and get private address - page 2. (Read 2125 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
nearly dead
Casascius has the same software in C#, to calculate everything, with 5 minutes of work you could have it loop to find any given key. Why would someone not pay $20 to have his code modified and accomplish the same, impossible feat?

To save more of 100 hours of work. Not easy as you say, not only a loop.

You took 100 hours, that is ok. But that doesn't mean someone that knows what he is doing will take more than 15 minutes.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Casascius has the same software in C#, to calculate everything, with 5 minutes of work you could have it loop to find any given key. Why would someone not pay $20 to have his code modified and accomplish the same, impossible feat?

To save more of 100 hours of work. Not easy as you say, not only a loop.

The program execute oclvanity and process the results at runtime automaticaly, and is integrated with Abe database.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???
Thanks for the clarification you sold me.  The check is in the mail.

My first intention is not sell the code, is most share with bitcointalk my little "botched job" (Sorry for my english). Secondary if some wants to get the code for research and recicle it, have to donate some to me.
 Wink
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Thanks for the clarification you sold me.  The check is in the mail.
So you wrote a useless (and I agree trying to brute force 256 bit random keys is utterly useless) program for fun and want $300 to $600 for it.

Well you have confidence I give you that.

Yes.
And addition the code is not comented and dirty.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
So you wrote a useless (and I agree trying to brute force 256 bit random keys is utterly useless) program for fun and want $300 to $600 for it.

Well you have confidence I give you that.
Hello.

First for all this was only for fun. When i finished that i only used it 2 days for merely fun.
But, i spent so many days to develop that. I would explain:

Previous requirements:
-Ubuntu linux with Abe (Bitcoin open source database) full filled, mysql table address with all know public addresses. Migrate it to an SSD to fast performance.
-.Net framework 4.5 (or 2, 3.5, 4 if you get the code and wants to compile it).
-Oclvanitygen.
-Optional - AMD GPU +5xxx  for an acceptable performance at Oclvanitygen and x64 cpu for Oclvanitygen64

I mixed Abe and results of the Oclvanitygen in two types of "attack", absurds "attacks" for fun.

1) Try to generate with Oclvanitygen a priv key of the most rich address (extracted of Abe and stored in memory for fast performance) @20M/s with adjustable prefixes (4-8 chars, dont remember but the range is 1000checks/s for 4 chars and 1 check/minute for 8chars whit the 10 most rich addresses). If this find one, store it in mysql table automatically.

2) Try to pass max allowed number of prefixes of know addresses to Oclvanitygen and check te results in the full table of addresses.

3) Idea for future develop (i dont have motivation for this, is boring me): Dictionary attacks mixed whit Abe (a forum member try this time ago).

cheers and nice rally!
Pages:
Jump to: