Pages:
Author

Topic: C# Node - page 3. (Read 4688 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
July 10, 2013, 07:59:47 PM
I've added an initial overview of where I'm at with my node implementation:

https://github.com/pmlyon/BitSharp/wiki
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
July 08, 2013, 07:20:06 AM
if you have a new satoshi client running, there is RPC command "gettxoutsetinfo" - it can tell you all you need.
July 08, 2013, 07:13:47 AM
Sweet, that matches the number I have exactly. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
July 08, 2013, 07:02:20 AM
Also, does anyone know where I'd be able to find the size of the current UTXO? I'd like to compare to make sure that I'm getting the same result.
it's 6540789 records, at block #245466
how much it takes on disk - it is very db specific.
I think its currently below 300MB on disk, in the official client, but it uses leveldb that has some built in compression.
and I am not quite sure if it even has the outputs scripts there, or only references to the blockchain db, where it gets the outputs from when needed.
normally (with the content of unspent out scripts) it might add up to almost 1GB, at the current height.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
July 07, 2013, 09:17:54 PM
The reference client stores the UXTO in the data directory under the subfolder chainstate.  It is stored in leveldb. 
July 07, 2013, 07:20:27 PM
Hi, are there any other developers out there interested in or working on a bitcoin c# node? I've been working on one for a couple of months and I think I'm starting to see some promising results. I'd love to connect with anyone else interested in this work.

The node is still very, very basic; it can't really be a called a proper node in any sense. I've only been working on laying the foundational pieces.

I currently have it so that I can calculate the UTXO from block 0 to block ~218,000 in 6 minutes, which involves a bit under 12 million transactions. I'm using a SQLite backend on an SSD to get those times. This isn't doing any rules validation like coinbase rewards, it's just calculating the UTXO. It is making sure that there are no double spends and that each transaction input is in the UTXO of the previous step in the blockchain. At every height increment along the way, I also have an immutable snapshot of the UTXO at that height that I can hand off instantly. I think that's a respectable time to calculate the UTXO, but I'd love to get some feedback.

Also, does anyone know where I'd be able to find the size of the current UTXO? I'd like to compare to make sure that I'm getting the same result.

Thanks,

Paul
Pages:
Jump to: