Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore2 - What would you like? - page 3. (Read 11573 times)

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
March 28, 2013, 02:37:17 PM
P.S. For those not in the know; if they wanted to price their units according to market factors they would go for the nearest similar item.

i.e. BFL Minirig 1.5TH/s = $30,000.00
Enterpoint CM2/3 1TH/s = ((2/3)30000) = $20,000+ min

Why would they price it compared to a vapor-ware product that doesn't exist?
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
March 28, 2013, 02:14:42 PM
P.S. For those not in the know; if they wanted to price their units according to market factors they would go for the nearest similar item.

i.e. BFL Minirig 1.5TH/s = $30,000.00
Enterpoint CM2/3 1TH/s = ((2/3)30000) = $20,000+ min
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
..yeah
March 28, 2013, 01:22:22 PM
+1 interested.

Instead of speculation, why not start production?  There is proof of a demand (Avalon, BFL pre-orders) and you the CM1 is a proven product with loyal consumers.

Place a batch order and sell it out, rinse & repeat until demand trickles off.

+1
and +1 interested.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
March 28, 2013, 01:19:47 PM
+1 interested.

Instead of speculation, why not start production?  There is proof of a demand (Avalon, BFL pre-orders) and you the CM1 is a proven product with loyal consumers.

Place a batch order and sell it out, rinse & repeat until demand trickles off.

Activity: 308
Merit: 102
March 28, 2013, 01:04:40 PM
Interested! :-)
Activity: 202
March 28, 2013, 12:48:27 PM
For me, most important would be support for SL3 bruteforce (based on SHA1 algorythm).
I will buy significant amount of them.
Activity: 280
March 28, 2013, 11:06:50 AM
If this comes out soon enough and is priced to compete, I'll be highly interested.

Since BFL takes their time there should be plenty room for an alternatives to Avalon. Avalon sold out their last batch already and the pricing might be a little bit too rich for most people even if they had more batches.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
March 28, 2013, 10:57:25 AM
interested
Activity: 742
March 28, 2013, 09:36:16 AM
Id be interested, my Cainsmore 1 still running strong.

Most of them are. There may be an odd one we don't know about but failure rate is very much less than 1% over the very large build. I think it's fair to say that the cooling solution has done very well. Looks like we are building several hundred more in the nxt few weeks to keep up with current demand as well.

Interested in this piece of info regarding CM1's

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
March 28, 2013, 09:32:44 AM
We are still playing with the Cairnsmore2 design that is our current testbed design and that is looking good. Out of that work we think a base module of about 1TH/s is practical size for us to build overall units out of and that is what we are working on next. Please don't bombard us with emails or PMs asking about the price as at this point we won't say and it isn't even totally set. I can say it will be set generally by a combination market forces and manufacture costs so you can make a reasonable zone guess from existing competitiion pricing what that might be. However if that market price doesn't meet our expectations we probably won't launch the product and just feed the design into our internal Goliath systems. Assuming we do go for public launch (we are still examining IP issues as well) pricing will be available at formal product launch.

Anyway point of this post is to get a straw poll of how many people might be interested in products at this sort level of hardware investment?

Interested.
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
March 28, 2013, 08:06:20 AM
Interrested.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
March 28, 2013, 07:55:49 AM
if it is enterpoint company i spoke to then I already sort of know what their going to bring out lol as spoke to them for over an hour going through investing partnership long term stuff and much more.

I need to call them back next week to see what theri doing but put it this way it will blow BFL away if they do market their products

hi crazyearner

please share,more details please?

Am going to keep that a surprise Smiley If it is the same company then they have a few things in hand and testing to do. With that said I sure hope they do produce what was said over the phone.

ok but do you know about the timing?

wich is critical here

Well if things they are working on are in fact sorted then maybe shortly not to distant and not to far and not to close somewhere between all of that. I cant say exactly When because they are testing stuff and I am having to call them back within a weeks time for a progress report on what they are doing or are going to do. I should have more details next week Smiley

Just a note to add Yup it was the same company I did speak to. Nice women and man spoke to  and knew what he was talking about. As OP has said in original posts and other threads created their busy working on this

And they are also in well couch ill explain when I have more details and phoned them back next week.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
March 28, 2013, 07:23:52 AM
Interested, depending on the pricing and difficulty at the moment.
Activity: 378
March 28, 2013, 06:39:02 AM
if it is enterpoint company i spoke to then I already sort of know what their going to bring out lol as spoke to them for over an hour going through investing partnership long term stuff and much more.

I need to call them back next week to see what theri doing but put it this way it will blow BFL away if they do market their products

hi crazyearner

Am going to keep that a surprise Smiley If it is the same company then they have a few things in hand and testing to do. With that said I sure hope they do produce what was said over the phone.

ok but do you know about the timing?

wich is critical here
Activity: 378
March 28, 2013, 06:06:43 AM

hi crazyearner

legendary
March 28, 2013, 06:01:35 AM

legendary
March 28, 2013, 05:59:21 AM
Well as design comes to it maybe have some higher end models with water cooling.

To have USB 2 and 3 options and to also  have sata 2 and 3 support for connection.

Think I might of just got off the phone with you guys if you are in fact  enterpoint Smiley

If you are interested in design work I can start design work and air flow and units as prototypes if interested Smiley

With the pic of the CM2 I have already started coming up with cooling units for them to be made but I would maybe have to contact you with them. Smiley
Activity: 525
..yeah
March 28, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
Interested.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
March 28, 2013, 05:25:48 AM
I'm very interested but also a newbie and I didn't have enough money for Avalon batch#3. So if prices are in that range, it's not very good for entry level miners. I would like to see perhaps smaller and cheaper unit for the beginners. But anyways, Bitcoin needs more competition on hardware market.  Wink
Activity: 143
March 28, 2013, 04:01:05 AM
I'm still interested.

You'll need a range a product sizes though as i doubt everyone will be able to afford 1TH systems.
Pages:
Jump to: