Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore5 Pre-Order - page 2. (Read 2024 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 3
December 08, 2018, 07:48:21 AM
Nice hardware for a good price  Smiley .
Whitch software / api / bitstream is avaible, NOW ?

I want to download and check the software before I buy the hardware.

There are some tools avaible for simulating the bitstream to be able to assess hashrate without the hardware.
Activity: 236
Merit: 16
December 08, 2018, 06:19:10 AM
It's a high end Intel/Altera FPGA, which has a good amount of onboard memory (~66 MiB across two types). Not enough for hugely memory intensive algorithms like some Ethash or Equihash variants, but good enough for Cryptonight, Scrypt, and other low-level memory-intensive algorithms.
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
December 08, 2018, 03:47:51 AM
Interested..

How will this compare with the BlackMiner F1, which only supports core-intensive algorithms?
November 24, 2018, 02:14:09 AM
It's not an ASIC, it's FPGA.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
November 23, 2018, 05:02:06 PM
If this ASIC really can mine declared cryptocurrencies, then its appearance will almost kill the mining on GPUs. Most of the cryptocurrencies are already mined only on ASICs, and the appearance of new equipment for Ravencoin, Monero and other coins will further press GPUs.
Activity: 118
Merit: 0
November 22, 2018, 09:40:42 PM
Ok, subscribed  Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
November 22, 2018, 12:06:12 PM
Maybe iam missing somethink, but i dot understand current situations about FPGAs, a lot of firms selling them but most of them doesnt show performance.

And few of them reveal some info about super profitability on some "non existing" coins..

Advantage of FPGAs should be a lot of usable alghorhitms, whitch makes them better than asics..

And now, there is preorder... maybe idlike to preorder, but how, when i dont know what is possible to earn with it  Smiley

The preorder is just in the "I'm interested" stage send an email to [email protected] to get on the interest list and you will get sent the formal order term and conditions when we release those.
Activity: 118
Merit: 0
November 22, 2018, 11:09:54 AM
Maybe iam missing somethink, but i dot understand current situations about FPGAs, a lot of firms selling them but most of them doesnt show performance.

And few of them reveal some info about super profitability on some "non existing" coins..

Advantage of FPGAs should be a lot of usable alghorhitms, whitch makes them better than asics..

And now, there is preorder... maybe idlike to preorder, but how, when i dont know what is possible to earn with it  Smiley
November 15, 2018, 04:00:19 AM
Any performance statistics for the initial algorithms?

Not as yet. We will give stats as soon as we have them on actual algorithms. We do expect good performance but that's just based on our 15 years doing FPGA boards and 25 years generally in programmable logic.
November 14, 2018, 04:12:04 PM
Any performance statistics for the initial algorithms?
November 14, 2018, 04:10:04 AM
Now out of preorder stage. Contact us on email [email protected] if you are interested.

Products details will be updated on webpage https://www.enterpoint.co.uk/products/cairnsmore-5/.
Product outline

2 x Intel Arria10 GX1150 FPGAs on board.
Liquid cooling as standard.
Each FPGA has 2 x DDR4 SODIMM socket (we may support QDR4 by custom module TBC)
Each FPGA has core power supply which is adjustable.
Onboard additional Cyclone5 SOC with ARM processor for standalone mining.
USB slave for PC hosted mining.
Expansion port for multi-board working.
Built in programmer for JTAG programming.

Pages:
Jump to: