Pages:
Author

Topic: Calling out Atheists - page 2. (Read 320 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
February 02, 2019, 09:06:41 AM
atheist worldview has explanation just as theist worldview has explanations, the joke is both are logical and make sense

Atheism does not deal with the question of how our universe was created, religion and cosmology do.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
February 02, 2019, 02:31:14 AM
atheist worldview has explanation just as theist worldview has explanations, the joke is both are logical and make sense
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
February 01, 2019, 11:52:21 PM
Fixed your subject for you. This is a problem of cosmology, not religion. Religion has nothing whatsoever to do with the Big Bang unless you subscribe to the self-defeating "God of the gaps" doctrine; self-defeating because one day cosmologists may well determine the cause of the Big Bang, and everyone who used its mysteriousness as evidence of the existence of God will look even more foolish than they already do.

"If in fact the frontiers of knowledge are being pushed further and further back (and that is bound to be the case), then God is being pushed back with them, and is therefore continually in retreat. We are to find God in what we know, not in what we don't know." - Bonhoeffer
legendary
February 01, 2019, 10:44:40 PM
Fixed my question and added “what”

Please share your opinions on what you think created the Big Bang and space.

Black Hole singularity explosion would be my guess.

I think cosmos is infinite in any conceivable dimension.  It goes through cyclical changes, evolves, new universes are created and destroyed.
New Physics is created and destroyed somewhere in the cosmos as you read this post.

All part of nature.

Activity: 325
Merit: 26
February 01, 2019, 10:05:39 PM
That is a good question.

I personally don't know and can't answer that.

We have a choice of A is A (the universe has always been there).

Or A came from nothing. Both options are ... impossible for me to get my mind around.

I think that A coming from nothing is an impossibility so I lean to the universe has always been there.

Now, to further go into your question, I don't think that there was "0" before the big bang. Matter was ... impossibly dense, impossibly small (or so it goes.)

Why do we think that? Because we have observed that the universe is expanding. Therefore (the thesis goes) in the past it was not as expanded as now. And, the further in the past we go the less expanded the universe. Mathematicians and physicists have extrapolated from the data we have that it would mean the universe would have started to expand 14 billion years ago, or so.

It's still a mathematical model. The data we're finding seems to back it up. (This is so far beyond me that I can't begin to evaluate either the data or the thesis.)

But, in either case, the Big Bang does not prove nor disprove God. Just as evolution does not prove or disprove God.

legendary
February 01, 2019, 08:12:10 PM
Who created the big bang and who created space?  Serious question I want to know.

That is a loaded question.  Why would you think someone was responsible for this explosion?

Where is the evidence for it?  Not every fallen tree has fallen because someone chopped it down.

Nobody knows for sure what happened during times less than 380,000 after the Big Bang.  There is an ongoing study of gravitational waves that might shed a light on this period as well.

A better question is how the Big Bang happened?

What happens when a Black Hole collapses on itself and explodes?

Activity: 325
Merit: 26
February 01, 2019, 06:59:24 PM
Who created the big bang and who created space?  Serious question I want to know.

Wrong question. There is no "who". Science does not answer the question "why is the sky blue? It answers the question "how is it that our eyes / brains perceive the sky to be blue (this particular wavelength).

Asking why presupposes a creator. "Why does a rose have thorns?" "To symbolize the hardships and vicissitudes of life."

A scientist will not ask that question. He will pose a question and then test his thesis. AND, if the thesis cannot be falsified then ... it's not science.

My grave problems with global warming reporting is that it does not include how the thesis can be falsified.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
February 01, 2019, 06:11:43 PM
An atheist might say that space always existed, and that the big bang just happened.

Cool
copper member
Activity: 53
Merit: 11
🐦
February 01, 2019, 05:05:45 PM
Who or what created the big bang and who/what created space?  Serious question I want to know.
Pages:
Jump to: