Pages:
Author

Topic: calm down folks, Mtgox issue is still not resolved. - page 2. (Read 3794 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
gmaxwell said on the reddit thread that he thought some miners had set their pool deposit address to be a mtgox address, so those coins are their earnings.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Yes. Gox is allegedly fixing the problem involving transaction malleability.Did you expect them to fix every other problem they have as well (for example, making transaction with immature coins)?
Where is Gox getting immature coins? Those come from recent mining. Why would any miner with perfectly good Bitcoins sell on Gox right now? Were these coins actually mined recently?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
OMG it's time to buy more!!   Cheesy

I guess a lot of people are brand new to the world of investing. Have you heard the term "market psychology" before? A rumor starts, some people buy, people see these people buying and devide to buy, price starts rising so even more people panic buy, etc....

Nothing needs to fundamentally change to start a flash rally/crash...
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Well then, can anybody please explain WHY the bitcoin price has gone up by 10% on most exchanges over the past 6 or 7 hours???  ($550 to $600 on BTC-e)

(on Mt Gox it has more than doubled over the last 12 hours!!!)   Was $105, now sitting at $260

I would have thought that such an increase could/would only occur in the event that there was definitite concrete good news from Gox at their next official update - which i thought would only occur on monday 24 February!??

WTF is going on?HuhHuh?!!!

Oversold
Anticipation of good news
Bad news would have no effect (prices too low already)
What goes down, usually goes back up.
Activity: 350
Merit: 253
I guess a lot of people are brand new to the world of investing. Have you heard the term "market psychology" before? A rumor starts, some people buy, people see these people buying and devide to buy, price starts rising so even more people panic buy, etc....

Nothing needs to fundamentally change to start a flash rally/crash...
Activity: 364
Merit: 257
this is not a pro market, prices move a random
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
Well then, can anybody please explain WHY the bitcoin price has gone up by 10% on most exchanges over the past 6 or 7 hours???  ($550 to $600 on BTC-e)

(on Mt Gox it has more than doubled over the last 12 hours!!!)   Was $105, now sitting at $260

I would have thought that such an increase could/would only occur in the event that there was definitite concrete good news from Gox at their next official update - which i thought would only occur on monday 24 February!??

..speculations, panic, sheep followers..

thats the three options, ill leave you to pick one
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012
Yes. Gox is allegedly fixing the problem involving transaction malleability.

Did you expect them to fix every other problem they have as well (for example, making transaction with immature coins)?

LOL. This is Gox we are talking about. Band-aids. That's all they can do.

I hope they can use a large enough Band-aid to resume withdraws and allow those poor folks known as Gox customers to get their funds out.

Don't expect much more from them.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
The MTGox transaction API (https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php) shows transactions MTGox authors.
Throughout the outage— e.g. as early as the 8th— they've been making a small number of what looks like dust sweeping transactions.
One shown right now is TXID ed7ffa58fef651adaf1281ad10e98a4399eb2be40950345c7ccb7c8f76f067e1 which spends 45d45286bac04311684ab7716ab170b50781cde6b094d9a644fb89ca07ae6888:31 which is the coinbase transaction of block 0000000000000000da75e32e941537e00bd2e752527adba6193f35ccaa6da293. At the moment it only has 62 confirmations.
Because the rules of the Bitcoin protocol prohibit spending coinbase txn with under 100 confirmations this transaction is currently invalid and will remain invalid for another 38 blocks.
So after all this outage time, MTGox has still not fixed their software to stop authoring invalid transactions.
source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ymwzj/mtgox_still_authoring_invalid_transactions/
Pages:
Jump to: