Pages:
Author

Topic: Campaign Ettiquette(Signature, twitter, facebook, or any other type) - page 2. (Read 4583 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I would like to add a rule that applies to managers:
Write the rules clearly when starting a campaign and stick to them until the campaign ends, do not change the rules during the campaign period!
That won't work. Campaign rules tend to change over time (e.g. payout rates, sections being counted), especially if the owner has desirable changes in mind. While such changes probably should not be done in the middle of the week, you can't force managers to not do so via some 'rule'.

Your case is quite specific, but I don't want to comment on it further. My response was directed towards campaigns in general in accordance to your suggested 'rule'.
Activity: 224
Merit: 117
▲ Portable backup power source for mining.
I would like to add a rule that applies to managers:
Write the rules clearly when starting a campaign and stick to them until the campaign ends, do not change the rules during the campaign period!
I can illustrate the need for this rule with a personal experience:
I joined the Flash/Megaflash signature campaign, and it was stated in the rules that participants can receive a flash bonus.
Near the end of the week, the manager announced "if you do not create a flash wallet, you don't get any BTC".
I tried to create a wallet on the website,...and was blocked, the website somehow got the idea that I live in New York (probably all IP addresses that may possibly belong to New York residents, were blocked, including mine), I tried tor, but it was also blocked.
Eventually, I quit the campaign in disgust without getting paid a satoshi.
Incidentally, I did not "post in the campaign thread you're leaving, or send the manager a message out of respect" because of lack thereof (I have no respect for that scammer).
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
Back from the Dead!
Read and understood. Thanks Yahoo! If you add something more, I'll be sure to read it out, this is really a great set of general etiquette rules. I'd recommend this to all before joining any sig campaign.
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 4420
This thread is incomplete. Theres still room to add more. I just hope that some of you guys actually pay attention to it
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
This should be sticky but where exactly? I see under Project Development that says for bounties and advertising but most of the signature campaigns are posted on services.

Me also highly recommended to sticky this topic in Service Discussion board or in Service board too.

It may help to notify member here in Bitcointalk.org .

One sticky thread about signature campaigns in services section is enough I think,hilariousandco should unlock this one let Yahoo post it as a comment and then lock it again.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 358
https://shuffle.com?r=nba
This should be sticky but where exactly? I see under Project Development that says for bounties and advertising but most of the signature campaigns are posted on services.

Me also highly recommended to sticky this topic in Service Discussion board or in Service board too.

It may help to notify member here in Bitcointalk.org .
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
I'd agree with most of it, but if this forum job is to be similar to a real life job, actions like switching campaigns and abandoning signatures are to be expected. Don't expect loyalty from a group of anonymous forum users who need to spend less than a minute to apply for a campaign. It's obvious many of them will switch to a better paid one at some point and they will do it fast to reserve a spot. Who should they be loyal to? You (the campaign managers)? They don't know you, you are not their friends. Or maybe to the business? The business most of them never used before joining the campaign?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
I ♥ BitcoinTalk
This is the most detailed description of the highlights of the participation in the majority of the bounty that can be found. Your article has no analogues not only in this forum, but also on the network at all. It will be useful to all without regard to rank. Very grateful.
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
I also want to ask question for campaign mannagers. What do you think about people who are saying: "I will change signature if you accept me" Do you accepting such members? They are not sure that they will be accepted and they don't want to be removed from their campaign if they change signature.
This has recently become a little discussion in one of my campaigns: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16882152
Yahoo and I got a similar stance to this topic, quick quote of his post:

I want to chime in here for a sec, then ill let Lutpin do his thing.
The problem i see with alot of users is theyre chasing a paycheck. I see ppl whining i cannot change my sig because this person has hired me. Or whatever other reason. Then i just read ipanks response about messaging said manager out of respect to say i want to try to be hired elsewhere.
These reasons are SHIT folks. Quit chasing a paycheck and stick to a campaign that you were already hired in. I dont give a fuck if you live in a poor country and that extra 2$ will help you out. You asked for a job and you should at the very minimum stick with that campaign that hired you til payday. Thats the respectful thing to do.
You should weigh the options of all the campaigns available. Choose the campaign that best fits you and apply. If hired show some loyalty and stay with that campaign. If i see users moving from campaign to campaign chasing money, ill reserve a spot on the blacklist for ya.
Signature campaigns are not meant to supplement your income. Theyre a passive way to earn a few dollars a week. Take your lazy asses out and get a job if you want to make more money
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
Good job, yahoo! I think this thread have to be sticked to be visible and maybe link to it have to be added in campaigns overview thread.
I also want to ask question for campaign mannagers. What do you think about people who are saying: "I will change signature if you accept me" Do you accepting such members? They are not sure that they will be accepted and they don't want to be removed from their campaign if they change signature.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
finally found this.. i just start bitcoin thing..dont know what to start.
very helpfull thanks man!
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
It's hard to disagree with these arguments.
However, in my opinion, the manager must also have patience to the employees.
Respect and form of communication make that someone is professional or not.
Sorry to say, especially that this statement is about "ettiqette", but in this post I see some gaps.
Activity: 812
Merit: 252
You have explained clearly how to join a signature campaign and the rules behind it when a user wants to join one. People need to understand that is a good opportunity to make some bitcoins on the side and if you follow the rules on the one you are on, you will receive the payment every week Wink

This post should be referenced like an official guide.
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
I already see the critics flying in "you're being one-sided, this is only what managers expect" or "of course you think like that, you are a manager yourself", blablabla, the usual stuff.
Having read through it, I agree with most, if not all, of the points being brought up. Thanks for taking the time and collecting all of them in a single post.
Seeing as Lauda and I both think in a similar way, this could also be considered #SMAS-approved.
(We wanted to do something roughly like this in the old smas, IIRC.)
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
You also should be loyal to the company you applied to work for. Users that leave a campaign because they see another one start that offers .002btc per week more are not users ill be looking to keep hiring. If you apply to a campaign and are accepted, you should try to stick around til you're paid for that week. Then it's acceptable to leave.

If you plan on leaving a campaign, you should either post in the campaign thread you're leaving, or send the manager a message out of respect.

This is the common thing that happens most of the time in my  opinion. It almost happen to me as well, well as showing of respect i really do agree that we should tell the manager that we will be leaving the campaign. Yet most of us do quit even if the round does not end yet(not to mention when some big company throw a campaign service last few weeks)
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
Well I read the whole thing. I didn't find a single part I didn't agree with. I'll be the second vote to say "needs to be stickied!"

If you post here and you happen to make some spare change to post then that's normal. If you're feeding your family from signature campaigns that's going to be an issue when you need more money but don't have anything else (constructive) to say.

Also people should note that this is literally the easiest money in the world. I like talking on this forum. So do hundreds of thousands of other people. So if the other 99,999 people that want to earn 0.001BTC/post have better written English than you, you'll be overlooked. It's really that simple.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
can be stickied,IMHO
yahoo pretty much covered all the bases on how to join a campaign,what to do and what not to do while in
it IS a privilege,not a right-managers will always look for the most qualified members to enroll,so nothing personal if you get rejected
it IS a job,treat it as you would treat your employment elsewhere- be on time,be polite,do what you were hired for , smile Smiley
try not to blame others,it is counterproductive
improve and learn,treat signature campaign as a fun way to learn more about the subject while earning some money
Activity: 1232
Merit: 669
I also want to send a message to some of you 3rd world users. I'm sorry you were born into the life you have, or live in a poor area of the world. That's not my fault.

Everyone should understand this fact.
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 4420
Both correct. Its an epidemic lately. The forum is putting things in place to combat it though
Pages:
Jump to: