Pages:
Author

Topic: Campaign to BOYCOTT BITCOIN! - page 3. (Read 9622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
February 02, 2015, 11:24:42 PM
Even if you have a beef with bitcoin because of the price or whatever your thing is, it's still great as a payment protocol to and from across the world and that is a big benefit to me in my life no matter the price. The price will come around to your liking in due time but the positives of the protocol are constant if you have a need for it. I sure hope the remittance market industry people are getting their business model out because that is a great area to drive demand on a continual basis no matter what happens. The remit market will be big time for bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
Get Ready to Make money.
February 02, 2015, 09:18:36 PM
The usual bitcoin-frogs singing in here  Roll Eyes

Exactly like pointed out. For them it's only Bitcoin and nothing else. Well, these people are a failure and can't see left or right.

Legendary and Foundation members are not to be trusted for financial advise.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
February 02, 2015, 07:58:12 PM
Too late. Most of the writing jobs I've done lately, I've gotten paid in Bitcoin for. In fact, I'm expecting another payment tomorrow.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
February 02, 2015, 07:33:31 PM
Well, somehow we need to show them that their thinking is not the right way to go... but i don't know if Boycott would do anything at all.

sure, it would strenghten alts which is their greatest fear. Stronger alts would provide us little people could get a slice of the pie. Bitcoin itself goes nowhere because inflation. So with this currency we are going nowhere. I am all for stronger altcoins and less marketshare for btc (can't hold the value anyways, pump and dump shitcoin).
Bitcoins distribution is a joke. Why would anyone want to use that? Altcoin industry is distributed to much more people and much more equally than bitcoin is. So holding that down with their propaganda and actions is essentially robbing us altcoin investors.

So you're just pissed you didn't know about Bitcoin sooner? You sound like a sore loser!

Don't spend so much time complaining about what didn't happen. Spend your time trying to make the crypto currency you've put all your money in into something relevant.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
February 02, 2015, 07:31:20 PM
Wait, so you want to abandon Bitcoin, the original crypto currency so that other crypto currencies can flourish? Which will surely lead to some other crypto currency being the front runner for volume, publicity, and value per fiat. At that point would we have to abandon that popular currency?

What you're proposing doesn't make sense.

Abandoning Bitcoin will allow the press and general public (whom the Bitcoin community desperately needs for future success) to declare that Bitcoin is a failure. The skeptics were right, Bitcoin never had a future, "silly tech people with their make believe money!"

Instead of having a campaign to ruin what you want to be successful, why don't you start a campaign to publicize the use of Bitcoin to Main Street? Why don't you publicize the variety of crypto currencies available? Why don't you publicize the reason why a variety of cyrpto currencies is a good thing?

As a last point...consider why in the US the 13 different currencies that existed in the beginning (one for each colony) were consolidated into one single currency...because there simply isn't a need for more than one.  
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
February 02, 2015, 07:17:47 PM
This guy is a fool. So bitcoin is a scam, altcoins aren't. You sound like another PayCoin user who got hurt when his alt dropped to shit. The solution? You want us to stop using bitcoin and hype up some altcoin so it follows the same bubble path as bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
February 02, 2015, 07:11:32 PM
who is boycotting bitcoin im earning quite a small amount of money from this...dont boycott this site.   Embarrassed    Embarrassed     Embarrassed

there is more profit in altcoins now. People will soon abandon the titanic.

What profits? all altcoins always meet a certain dead, except potential projects and thats like not more than I could count with the fingers on a single hand.
legendary
Activity: 1221
Merit: 1025
e-ducat.fr
February 02, 2015, 06:06:25 PM
"Boycott Bitcoin" sounds like a bankster troll thread. I've seen many of those in the past four years.
There is only one secure network, the Bitcoin network, and many experiments.
If people think they can do better than the Bitcoin protocol, then they can build a sidechain..
Altcoins that are heavily promoted are making false promises of security and/or decentralization and/or anonymity.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
February 02, 2015, 05:57:26 PM
who is boycotting bitcoin im earning quite a small amount of money from this...dont boycott this site.   Embarrassed    Embarrassed     Embarrassed

there is more profit in altcoins now. People will soon abandon the titanic.

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 02, 2015, 05:55:24 PM
who is boycotting bitcoin im earning quite a small amount of money from this...dont boycott this site.   Embarrassed    Embarrassed     Embarrassed
Merit: 103
Activity: 24
February 02, 2015, 10:23:24 AM
You forgot the most important reason to boycott.  99.9% of the planet is already "boycotting" bitcoin because it's dorky. 

straight. up. dorky.

Lol. It may be dorky but that's what they said about the internet... and practically every other new technology. Remember, the geeks shall inherit the earth and it's the early adopters who benefit from seeing the potential and getting involved when they did.
Merit: 500
February 02, 2015, 10:04:07 AM
Any Boycotters can send your Bitcoins to my Wallet  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
February 02, 2015, 05:39:45 AM

It's funny that you say "Project 'mankind' has failed, not Bitcoin." while having a signature that links to zeit-coin lol.
I see no connection between my opinion and my signature. Can you explain it more clearly? Thanks in advice.
Activity: 2
February 02, 2015, 01:34:37 AM
Summary of OP.
IF you're a complete whiner/loser then this thread is for you.
Activity: 663
Merit: 501
quarkchain.io
February 01, 2015, 11:37:59 PM
You forgot the most important reason to boycott.  99.9% of the planet is already "boycotting" bitcoin because it's dorky. 

straight. up. dorky.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 01, 2015, 11:05:17 PM
U just mad you came to the party late and missed your chance to be rich.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
February 01, 2015, 10:51:07 PM
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
February 01, 2015, 09:55:12 PM
Bitcoin is being boycotted as we speak, the price is being pushed down, someone is slow-buying cheap coins.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
February 01, 2015, 08:29:23 PM
I support OPs thinking and ideas, but I dont support a campaign to boycott bitcoin.

And I would like to add:

- Full nodes deserve rewards. It's utterly unfair and illogical, that only miners get paid.
Disclaimer: I dont know of a good way to pay full nodes. As there are so many, to be paying them every block.

- It's very sad that the (technology oriented) group of early adopting bitcoiners have splitted into the following three subgroups:

1.) One World Order-Bitcoiners (strict anti alternative coins)
2.) Open Minded Bitcoiners
3.) Crypto Currency-supporters

We are in a bad situation now.
WE NEED TO UNITE AGAIN UNDER THE LABEL OF CRYPTO CURRENCY!

This hands down is the best post in this thread.

I honestly do not have the energy right now to go into a large diatribe about how the vast majority of posters here are wrong (on both sides), but I will say that it is very counter productive to 1. boycott anything and 2. the bitcoin evangelists preaching thou shall not take bitcoin in vain (the 2 sides represented here with a sprinkle of "why can't we all get along" posters).

Traders gonna trade, scammers gonna scam, crypto enthusiasts will still be around through hell and high water to promote one of the most important technologies today to others. This is what is important right now, to promote the technology and not the products. Who cares if someone is a Bitcoin guy, a Litecoin guy, a Dogecoin guy, so on and so forth? What matters is that there are choices, and humans like choice. We need to utilize this as a strength not a weakness.

I've made it a personal mission of mine to try to get more community interaction happening. Working with Blackcoin, Darkcoin, Neoscoin, Dogecoin, Vericoin, etc. We need more people to reach across all communities and show support, moral or otherwise, in order to strengthen our ties. I challenge anyone here to do the same, or end up as a community divided with a lost sense of direction towards the future.
Pages:
Jump to: