Pages:
Author

Topic: CampBX. Dwolla deposit problems? - page 2. (Read 4860 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005
June 05, 2012, 01:38:40 PM
I opened a CampBX account and deposited via Dwolla.  Dwolla shows cleared but CampBX shows no balance, no pending tx, no "nothing".

Intersango has had some delays also, but smaller transfers (<$1k) still go through within a couple of days. From the CampBX FAQ:

Quote from: CampBX FAQ
Dwolla is low-cost provider tightly integrated with CampBX. Your Dwolla tranfers appear in your CampBX account within 4 hours, and cost 25 cents per transfer.
However, please note that the first transfer may take up to 30 days due to rule changes by Dwolla.

The 4 hour estimate is unreliable at best. I'm assuming the 30 day delay is exclusively on the Dwolla side, not CampBX waiting 30 days from receiving a transfer request. Your best option may be to open a support ticket to inquire.
Activity: 431
Merit: 251
June 05, 2012, 01:30:48 PM
The most effective way to arbitrage is to have large buckets of money in each exchange, and don't often deposit or withdraw. But that opens you up to all kinds of risk.

This, and place simultaneous buy and sell orders on the two exchanges.

The biggest problem here is how hard it is to move currency between exchanges.  BitInstant makes it easy, but the fees are high enough that they often eat any profit you might get at arbitrage.  The best thing going now is Dwolla, but with MtGox taking 7 days to process Dwolla withdrawals, it makes it pretty hard to react.
donator
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Swimming in a sea of data
June 05, 2012, 01:17:22 PM
The most effective way to arbitrage is to have large buckets of money in each exchange, and don't often deposit or withdraw. But that opens you up to all kinds of risk.

This, and place simultaneous buy and sell orders on the two exchanges.

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
June 05, 2012, 01:13:48 PM
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
June 05, 2012, 01:12:22 PM
Me too, so I suppose it's down to whos deposit clears first gets the cheap coins Smiley

I wonder it Keyar would accept a kickback.  Of course it would be unethical to simply take the play himself.

It looked to me like in order to play the arbitrage game, one would need to trust a lot of money to a lot of exchanges, and also to have a lot of money in various pipe-lines (where everyone takes their cut.)  So I decided against it back in the Tradehill days and have lost what little interest I had in the times since.

Activity: 431
Merit: 251
June 05, 2012, 01:04:17 PM
Me too, so I suppose it's down to whos deposit clears first gets the cheap coins Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
June 05, 2012, 01:02:23 PM
It takes a few hours, don't worry. I did the same thing as you are doing, last night  Tongue
Activity: 476
Tangible Cryptography LLC
June 05, 2012, 10:34:39 AM
Looks like a great arbitrage opportunity between campbx and mtgox right now.  And bitfloor too.

Do you hate me Steve?  Smiley  Why do you think I deposited?

CAMP BX credit my account before I freak out!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1008
June 05, 2012, 10:06:21 AM
Looks like a great arbitrage opportunity between campbx and mtgox right now.  And bitfloor too.
Activity: 476
Tangible Cryptography LLC
June 05, 2012, 09:11:24 AM
I opened a CampBX account and deposited via Dwolla.  Dwolla shows cleared but CampBX shows no balance, no pending tx, no "nothing".

Is CampBX having Dwolla problems too?

I didn't find a CampBX support thread but if one exists and mods wish this can be moved there.
Pages:
Jump to: