Pages:
Author

Topic: CampBX - location /yellow flags - page 4. (Read 5922 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Mine Litecoins.
May 19, 2013, 12:35:00 AM
CBX has always been good to me.

Never once, ever had an issue with them.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
May 19, 2013, 12:21:30 AM
I haven't had any major problems with them. 2 day withdrawals aren't always 2 days but that could be because I was at the bottom of the queue.

thanks for the reply.  However, my concern is whether or not I'm breaking the FIN CEN rules by using the exchange.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/which-exchanges-are-registered-as-msbs-with-fincen-206300

Looks like the answer right now is yes, which means I won't be using it until they are registered.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
The North Remembers
May 18, 2013, 11:57:52 PM
I haven't had any major problems with them. 2 day withdrawals aren't always 2 days but that could be because I was at the bottom of the queue.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
May 18, 2013, 11:54:02 PM
Is CampBX a money service business or are they putting that responsibility on us the users to be registered as money service businesses?

The whole point to use an exchange is to have them take on that responsibility, yes? 

Otherwise, we are just registering our information with a central point of failure that can be easily raided and then we're on a "list?"
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 26, 2013, 02:07:03 AM
CampBX seems good but their location verification is a huge pain in the ass. Apparently tax documents like a W2 are insufficient... Huh
Activity: 84
Mine Litecoins.
April 26, 2013, 01:17:35 AM
I love CampBX.  I have not been around a while ... but so far CBX is awesome.
Activity: 41
April 26, 2013, 01:08:28 AM
re: CampBX
I have done a cash transfer in from Dwolla, bought bitcoins, sent bitcoins, and transferred cash out without issue.
Their response time to support requests was a little slow, however I am not surprised given that all of the new exchanges are getting hammered lately.

Always keep in mind that one should use exchanges to exchange. They are not banks.
Do you business and then move your funds.

(It sounds paranoid, I know, that's what I thought when I saw similar messages on this forum. Then Bitfloor closed. Ouch. I'm still waiting...)
Activity: 8
April 26, 2013, 12:55:49 AM
They are legit, my first BTC I ever bought was a money order to them.
Activity: 43
April 25, 2013, 10:38:42 PM
It does not matter what is the "physical" address of a company. Usually small companies (especially companies providing online services) are using virtual office as registered office.

This "registered office" thing is obsolete.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 25, 2013, 10:23:24 PM
at first I was also worried about it not actually being in the US due to things on their FAQ referring to "Her Majesty" and such

Anyways, I have an account with them now and will try them out after 30 days.  I want to sell on their exchange but you can't get money out until after 30 day via Dwolla for some reason according to their website
Activity: 41
April 25, 2013, 10:09:00 PM
I do feel that it's my duty to say that funds finally did come through after all that time
they sited post office mess up and return.
never the less I do have my funds now
Activity: 420
April 24, 2013, 05:38:55 PM
Site looks nice. However 35$ for international wire doesn't look so nice. Hopefully this will go down?
Activity: 299
April 24, 2013, 04:27:00 PM
Thanks Keyur. I can confirm that my $10 has been credited to my CampBX acct. And yes on the Transfer page it states:

"You can click on the link below to go to Dwolla page for CampBX and initiate a deposit. Dwolla deposits and withdrawals are processed every 6 hours. Please do not delete the system-generated comments (Username and Email) from the 'Details' field, otherwise your deposit may be delayed."

This info should also be included in your FAQ, IMHO.

Hi GS,

We are working on a tighter integration with Dwolla, so transfer delays should be reduce significantly after that. 

Thank you!
Activity: 98
April 24, 2013, 06:42:12 AM
Thanks Keyur. I can confirm that my $10 has been credited to my CampBX acct. And yes on the Transfer page it states:

"You can click on the link below to go to Dwolla page for CampBX and initiate a deposit. Dwolla deposits and withdrawals are processed every 6 hours. Please do not delete the system-generated comments (Username and Email) from the 'Details' field, otherwise your deposit may be delayed."

This info should also be included in your FAQ, IMHO.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 23, 2013, 11:20:53 PM
Thanks for the reply Keyur! We appreciate it alot!!

Best,
Zedicus
Activity: 17
April 23, 2013, 10:40:42 PM
Does the money from Dwolla have to be in balance like Bitinstant?
Activity: 10
April 23, 2013, 10:34:04 PM
Just tried depositing $10 from Dwolla into CampBX, to test the waters. Dwolla lists the deposit as sent and completed. My CampBX account still hasn't shown the money in my balance.

I read their website's FAQ, and nowhere does it state how long a Dwolla deposit would take to get credited.

As Keyur has already said, the FAQ states that transfers can take up to 6 hours.  I recently deposited $450 from Dwolla and the transfer cleared within the specified timeframe.
Activity: 17
April 23, 2013, 10:30:26 PM
Just tried depositing $10 from Dwolla into CampBX, to test the waters. Dwolla lists the deposit as sent and completed. My CampBX account still hasn't shown the money in my balance.

I read their website's FAQ, and nowhere does it state how long a Dwolla deposit would take to get credited.

Please update us on this. And also how long for you to receive it?
April 23, 2013, 10:23:29 PM

Hi GS,
      As it mentions on the transfer page, current delay for Dwolla transfers is around 4-6 hours.  We are also working on a code change to speed it up.

Thank you,
     Keyur

April 23, 2013, 10:21:40 PM

I signed up yesterday but just found this thread!!  This is scary!! 4 months before a reply .. with that much money on the line... Its unacceptable in every sense of the word.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/resolved-is-campbx-a-ripoff-139772

Zedicus,
    The issue was resolved long time ago.  I just came across the thread while browsing the forum so posted in a reply to provide closure.

Thanks!
     Keyur
Pages:
Jump to: