Pages:
Author

Topic: Can an Escrow be a guarantee? - page 6. (Read 21386 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 102
February 16, 2019, 07:42:16 PM
The anonymity of the team it may not always mean something bad. But we have to be careful with that. If you really like the project, try to study it in detail. If you find some other things that are questionable for you, you should not invest in such a project.
Activity: 644
Merit: 111
February 16, 2019, 07:37:51 PM
The command can use escrow for two reasons. Either they are really serious about the implementation of their project, or they do it in order to mislead investors.  Either way, I wouldn't trust a team that hides its identity.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
February 16, 2019, 06:31:45 PM
It's not a determinant but at least with that you know the payments are already with the escrow especially in the case of Bounty. When it comes to trading, don't make the mistake of trusting an escrow with large amount of fund. Anything can happen.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 887
February 16, 2019, 03:24:40 PM
in my opinion in terms of fraud only when making a transaction, but when the project is running it won't necessarily run smoothly because most projects even though it looks safe at the beginning at the end of the day it will get worse, but there are also projects that initially look bad but when the project is running it turns out that it will be good at the end even without using escrow
Activity: 1288
Merit: 415
February 16, 2019, 03:21:39 PM
The project is likely not a scam if they're using reputable escrow, but still there's a possibility for that project to be scam since the project is not showing their team, even with escrow service. But in my opinion, a reputable escrow won't accept the project with non visible team.
Yes, if the Escrow is reputed then it will only accept the team which has the transparency.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 6
February 16, 2019, 03:11:51 PM
Whatever level of trust there is, in any project there should be a team open to contact with the message. And if this does not happen, then you should think. I would not risk it.
Activity: 230
February 16, 2019, 03:02:39 PM
Since escrows are humans too and humans can make mistake there is no 100% guarantee, but if you use well-known escrows on this website, you can decrease the risk but always use escrows if you want to make a deal, it is always better to have it than you don't.
Activity: 350
February 16, 2019, 02:54:48 PM
No, this is not a determining factor. Many projects with famous developers were sumomo or were frozen. For example Eternaltrust.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
February 14, 2019, 03:30:44 AM
I saw a project and on that project I did not see the team and DEV from the project. however they use Escrow with good positive trust, can it be a determinant that the project will not be scam?

escrow is good, if indeed the project uses it, we should appreciate this. very rarely see projects using escrow at this time.

but for an anonymous development team, this can be a problem. I better not deal with projects like this. better a project with a team that we can know.
ok, thank you for all the information, with this I will be more careful in participating in the bounty project. in closing I conclude that a project with escrow is a good step, but if there is no team, dev or other supporter, we must be more careful to follow it.
Activity: 662
Merit: 11
www.cd3d.app
February 13, 2019, 12:57:36 PM
I saw a project and on that project I did not see the team and DEV from the project. however they use Escrow with good positive trust, can it be a determinant that the project will not be scam?

escrow is good, if indeed the project uses it, we should appreciate this. very rarely see projects using escrow at this time.

but for an anonymous development team, this can be a problem. I better not deal with projects like this. better a project with a team that we can know.
Activity: 532
February 13, 2019, 12:02:44 PM

the project with Escrow seems good. this can be a guarantee that if the project is problematic the funds can be returned. so it doesn't matter the project team is anonymous, but the problem is Escrow.

if what you say is true escrow has a good reputation, it might be worth a try. if you can know what the project is? I seem interested
Activity: 278
Merit: 2
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 13, 2019, 11:56:56 AM

From my point of view, it depends on trust level.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
February 13, 2019, 11:56:46 AM
Guarantees are clearly not about financial markets, although of course you have the opportunity to get insiders, then of course there are opportunities to reduce the risks that today still have to be correctly assessed.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
February 13, 2019, 11:51:35 AM

It is an addition to the trust as they escrowed the funds. though you dont know if the account used is a bought account.
It is better to make research about the ICO and their project. include the team members.
You should look for it and not just the funds.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
February 13, 2019, 11:51:01 AM
I see an account with her positive credentials being a very safe escrow guarantee, if dev doesn't show up with escrow services it can also convince everyone.
you are right, there are some escrow that can be chosen by the developer. but unfortunately not all developers think that, if they use escrow, from the point of view of investor confidence or bounty it will be very large. and that can strengthen their community.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
February 13, 2019, 11:48:39 AM
Escrow will not be able to solve the problem that the project may be scam or not. It only ensures that you will definitely receive a token after the bounty ends, but whether or not the project succeeds must depend on the team

I think if you see the reputed escrow user is involved then the scam option is very less. But the next point of project after completion whether going to list in exchange or not is another problem which escrow cannot handle.
Escrow hold the funds and if this working properly and then it might put the more protection to the investors. You can see that it will give us a lot of transparency about the platform. They don't have access to the funds and they must do the best to get it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
February 13, 2019, 11:47:55 AM
I do not just trust any escrow, since i don't know them personally. I also once participated in a people that said the token to be paid are with escrow, yet it turned out to be scam.
If you ask them to present proof of the escrow details, they will, yet it might still be fake.
If any project is talking of using an escrow, they show use the admins or moderators on forums like bitcointalk.
copper member
Activity: 118
Merit: 0
February 13, 2019, 11:19:18 AM
Nothing on this earth  has a 100% guaranteed .. But the fact that you dont know the team and the Dev doesn't mean you shouldn't trust , most at time You have to check the value of the Escrow platform and its reputation   ..  If a Project is Doing Escrow with bitcoin-talk there  is no need for me to  think about the anonymous  of Team or DEV all i have to think is the reputation of bitcointalk platform and the Team member .. But if  the Escrow Team is anonymous and Project Team is Anonymous there is no way i can trust the project ..  
Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
February 13, 2019, 11:08:35 AM
if the project uses escrow with positive trust it is likely that the project will not be a scam, because their money has been sent to escrow, it is likely that a scam can be from that escrow. because a good reputation cannot be a reference.

I see an account with her positive credentials being a very safe escrow guarantee, if dev doesn't show up with escrow services it can also convince everyone.
Activity: 319
Merit: 2
A nexgen decentralized ride hailing
February 13, 2019, 10:59:05 AM
And that doesn't guarantee you that you can trust them just because escrow is involved, the thing is project with real identity dev also find a way with people money, so as far the escrow is also human being it really hard to trust them. Just be careful of what and where to invest in, they're all good and bad.
Pages:
Jump to: