Pages:
Author

Topic: Can anyone design a hardware wallet that looks like a generic USB? - page 2. (Read 970 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Although Nano does look like a generic USB device, it's really easily recognizeable by someone that was willing to steal you Bitcoins.

OP, to achieve what you're aiming for, the best way to do it is having an encrypted wallet.dat on a regular USB device. I don't think that there are any hardware wallets resembling/mimicing/imitating a generic USB drive
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
I don't understand why would you wear with you something that's known to have Bitcoin inside. I want something that look like a regular USB pendrive, with built in encryption (upgradeable over time if improvements in the algo are released or whatever), and hidden volume so you can use plausible deniability. Now this is the ultimate device to carry Bitcoin around and don't fear that some punk is going to steal your money. Even if you are a small time holder with not many Bitcoins like me, carrying a Trezor around is too risky, because people may think you are rich or something, when you are just carrying like 100 dollars.
Pages:
Jump to: