Pages:
Author

Topic: Can bitcoin be used for military usage? - page 2. (Read 2098 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
November 15, 2014, 12:23:37 PM
Hello,
I am wondering if Bitcoin can be used for military purposes and has military usage

Are they even allowed to use Bitcoin?

I have read on the website

Resilience and decentralization

By its high decentralization, Bitcoin created a different form of payment network with an increased level of resilience and redundancy. Bitcoin can handle millions of dollars in trades without requiring military protection. With no central point of failure such as a data center, attacking the network is a more difficult project. Bitcoin could represent an interesting step forward in securing local and global financial systems.

Please confirm if Bitcoin can or cannot be used for military purposes and has military usage and if they are allowed to use Bitcoin.

Thank You

I agree with others saying that "yes!  BTC can be used by the military. "

I am hundred percent sure that they are already using it  for some purposes :-)

Bitcoin is available to "everyone" :-)

Kind regards.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
November 15, 2014, 12:18:55 PM
It's just as easy to do subjectively immoral things with bitcoin as it is with any instrument of value at any time in the present or past. i.e. weapons for USD, headhunter bounties paid in gold, whisky traded for beaver pelts.
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
November 15, 2014, 11:51:41 AM
I would think that Bitcoin would be a great way of funding Black Op missions.
BRE
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014
Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations
November 15, 2014, 11:45:33 AM
put it this way if you were a spy, would you want to get funds from a bank account that could be traced back to an CIA account. or be able to receive bitcoin in which ever country you are under cover in, and just cash out.. without it being traced to blow your cover

above is an example of a positive use, even though the infrastructure (bitcoin ATM allocation) is not high enough. as for the purchase of military equipment. at the moment governments have no reason to transfer native fiat into bitcoin and then move it to Koreans native currency, to buy tanks
http://www.samsungtechwin.com/product/product_05_01_01.asp

unless the exchange rate was better via bitcoins than forex exchange(which governments control), i cant see this changing any time soon.

Good point , and bad guys can use bitcoin too for money laundry and terrorist fund.
For army who get funds from taxes i think no need use this bitcoin.
But for spy agency yes they will use bitcoin for support their operations.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
November 15, 2014, 10:46:04 AM

Everyone is allowed to use Bitcoin and its technology.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
November 15, 2014, 06:56:55 AM
put it this way if you were a spy, would you want to get funds from a bank account that could be traced back to an CIA account. or be able to receive bitcoin in which ever country you are under cover in, and just cash out.. without it being traced to blow your cover

above is an example of a positive use, even though the infrastructure (bitcoin ATM allocation) is not high enough. as for the purchase of military equipment. at the moment governments have no reason to transfer native fiat into bitcoin and then move it to Koreans native currency, to buy tanks
http://www.samsungtechwin.com/product/product_05_01_01.asp

unless the exchange rate was better via bitcoins than forex exchange(which governments control), i cant see this changing any time soon.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 15, 2014, 06:36:16 AM
Encrypted data has high value to the military and intelligence agencies, you can bet the hypocrites while ranting about the evils of things like Darkcoin they'll be using it under the table in their operations to stay hidden, just like with Tor which is why they won't be trying to crush them completely.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.
November 15, 2014, 06:23:14 AM
Hello,
I am wondering if Bitcoin can be used for military purposes and has military usage

Same as any other thing with value.

There is no way for the network to stop a certain circle of people from using bitcoin.

-snip-
Bitcoin can handle millions of dollars in trades without requiring military protection.
-snip-

Please confirm if Bitcoin can or cannot be used for military purposes and has military usage and if they are allowed to use Bitcoin.

Thank You

It can be used for any purpose that is somewhat related to transfering value this could include military expenses. Bitcoin requires no allowance, anyone can just use it.

What the quote is trying to tell you is that when you use bitcoin to transfer significant value you can do so on your own, without the need of physical protection in form of bodyguards or military forces. It also refers to the fact that bitcoin has value even though it is not backed up by any country and that countries military forces.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 15, 2014, 06:17:38 AM
Hello,

Resilience and decentralization

By its high decentralization, Bitcoin created a different form of payment network with an increased level of resilience and redundancy. Bitcoin can handle millions of dollars in trades without requiring military protection. With no central point of failure such as a data center, attacking the network is a more difficult project. Bitcoin could represent an interesting step forward in securing local and global financial systems.

Thank You
Pages:
Jump to: