Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin become the best technology ? - page 4. (Read 2893 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
August 04, 2015, 02:28:48 PM
Bitcoin doesn't need to be the 'best' in terms of technology. It has the first mover advantage. It will also serve as the base crypto-currency.

That is right. It would get a lot of effort and a really innovative approach with many more appealing features to overthrow Bitcoin. And we are talking about money... Bitcoin has all the basics you could ask of a currency, and more. Other altcoins offer more things, but are they really REALLY needed so much?

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
August 04, 2015, 01:57:51 PM
hello my friend,

start with this series and have fun here  Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhe61JaNFLU
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
August 04, 2015, 01:51:18 PM
Bitcoin doesn't need to be the 'best' in terms of technology. It has the first mover advantage. It will also serve as the base crypto-currency.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
August 04, 2015, 01:49:34 PM
Bitcoin is good but not the best imo
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
August 04, 2015, 11:34:50 AM
I just read a poster saying "Bitcoin is not the best technology around".  It made me wonder.  Can it be changed to be better and if so is that what is planned or is the technology so baked in that it cannot be improved upon?

What do you mean? who said this and whats better technology then?
Anyway, Bitcoin is getting improved upon constantly. Even if there are better alternatives in the future, it will not matter, network effect is stronger and Bitcoin is good enough. I mean look at our current banking system. The biggest trash ever, but it's the #1 because of network effect and network effect alone.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
August 04, 2015, 11:31:46 AM
I just read a poster saying "Bitcoin is not the best technology around".  It made me wonder.  Can it be changed to be better and if so is that what is planned or is the technology so baked in that it cannot be improved upon?
Pages:
Jump to: