Pages:
Author

Topic: Can bitcoin help the world's unbanked? - page 3. (Read 2454 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
July 07, 2015, 09:29:03 AM
When I tried to buy bitcoins using digital platform I had a lot of headaches.

This is another reason on why BTC isnt ready to be the global currency because some people have limitation to tech. I heard that weeks before people were discussing wether Zimbabwe should adopt BTC as their currency and of course most people voted yes for it however they are not taking into account that the majority of people still are techsavvy which is a limitation to use BTC . Most part of the Asia even have no access to internet yet in some area of their country let alone the number of people that actually "know" how to operate computer and understand what internet means

It would be possible Biticoins be the solution for people who do not have bank account or working he says illegally.

BTC isnt a tool for people to launder their money. This kind of activity is what makes BTC has a bad publicity all over the media and another reason on why people are staying away from this. People trust the media solely and Media loves to bring is "bad" news which is why this kind of activity kinda hindering BTC growth

I see a great pontecial for it however also see a huge problems is a very volatile currency and much of its user wants to make a profit and therefore much speculation in this way is not safe for these people keep their capital in BTC.

Volatility has always been issue and keep into account as well that if you are planning to "save" your money in form of BTC than volatility will be a major issue unless you are prepared to deal with it and let it go. However if you are viewing BTC as a source of "investment" than this volatility could be a bless because of this volatility you could gain alot more with your capital .

I agree 100% with you. When we look for small cities in the word BTC is not a solution because this people don't have Internet yet.However There is a lot of Unbanked people in big Cities how andestand internet and have Smartphones. For this people BTC can be the solution, like u say for working he says illegally.

I use BTC like a "investment" and I think (i do not have numbers for taste) most part the people use BTC for this in this way but this fact making it much more difficult for the market stay stable because of speculation.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
July 07, 2015, 08:23:35 AM
not for everyone, many cannot buy bitcoin locally with their csh, and because of this they rely on a bank account at the end, bitcoin is more suitable with digial platform and everything that is online

we are moving in that way after all, technology is aiming to make everything digital, cash will be annihilated one day i'm sure

Anyone can start accepting payments with Bitcoin anywhere, this is very important and would have been impossible for tens of people out there in a pre-Bitcoin world.
The ones that don't have any internet tho, they are pretty much trapped on their own countries. Without internet there isnt much hope.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
July 07, 2015, 06:53:51 AM
When I tried to buy bitcoins using digital platform I had a lot of headaches.

This is another reason on why BTC isnt ready to be the global currency because some people have limitation to tech. I heard that weeks before people were discussing wether Zimbabwe should adopt BTC as their currency and of course most people voted yes for it however they are not taking into account that the majority of people still are techsavvy which is a limitation to use BTC . Most part of the Asia even have no access to internet yet in some area of their country let alone the number of people that actually "know" how to operate computer and understand what internet means

It would be possible Biticoins be the solution for people who do not have bank account or working he says illegally.

BTC isnt a tool for people to launder their money. This kind of activity is what makes BTC has a bad publicity all over the media and another reason on why people are staying away from this. People trust the media solely and Media loves to bring is "bad" news which is why this kind of activity kinda hindering BTC growth

I see a great pontecial for it however also see a huge problems is a very volatile currency and much of its user wants to make a profit and therefore much speculation in this way is not safe for these people keep their capital in BTC.

Volatility has always been issue and keep into account as well that if you are planning to "save" your money in form of BTC than volatility will be a major issue unless you are prepared to deal with it and let it go. However if you are viewing BTC as a source of "investment" than this volatility could be a bless because of this volatility you could gain alot more with your capital .
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 07, 2015, 03:25:20 AM
not for everyone, many cannot buy bitcoin locally with their csh, and because of this they rely on a bank account at the end, bitcoin is more suitable with digial platform and everything that is online

we are moving in that way after all, technology is aiming to make everything digital, cash will be annihilated one day i'm sure
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
July 07, 2015, 12:37:27 AM
I think bitcoin can help the world's unbanked, underserved and it would be great if that became reality. The problem I see is access. If people aren't being served by a bank they either are very poor or live in a very remote part of the world, which doesn't bode well for internet access for those people which is the biggest requirement for engaging in bitcoin regularly.

How can we over come that gap?
Activity: 42
July 06, 2015, 09:08:28 PM
I would think it would as everyone is gliding over to it because it is rising and the economical unrest now.
Seems to me people want to moved away from the banks because they as seeing what they can do with your money because they are they ones in power of your money not you. ATM's shutting off when people have waited in line for hours even while the cameras were rolling when I watched the news this evening. That is just what the banking system can do now, just shut off. Then where has your money gone?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
July 06, 2015, 09:03:28 PM
When I tried to buy bitcoins using digital platform I had a lot of headaches but when I tried to do this with money was very simple and easy and fast.

What u think about this?

Bitcoin will make a big impact on all developing countries. They'll skip traditional banking and go directly to Bitcoin. There are already ways to easily operate bitcoin operations with a SMS based phone (not even a smartphone needed).

The volatility is a given since its still very new. With time, we'll find a more steady rise, it will keep rissing for ages because there is no other way for it to exist but keep rising as it improves and more people use it, but the volatility will eventually be less.
And even with the volatility, it beats any other money ever.
Activity: 22
July 06, 2015, 08:17:46 PM
When I tried to buy bitcoins using digital platform I had a lot of headaches but when I tried to do this with money was very simple and easy and fast.

What u think about this?
Pages:
Jump to: