Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin wallet be traced by IP address? - page 2. (Read 349 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 32
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I don't think your IP can be tracked I tried to check my all transactions on the explorer but it shows different IP.
Based on what I understand from the transactions the IP came from the peers or nodes where your wallet is connected to so there is a possibility that they can track your IP if the owner of the peer/nodes has IP records.

So if you want to protect your IP then you can set up your wallet to tor setup. Electrum and Bitcoin core has these features.

Sir please I don't understand all the abbreviations and how to use the Tor is what I don't know

Would you mind to tell us what wallet you currently using?

I use trust wallet and that's is because it's the popular wallet that every body is using in my village, will it track my IP?
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
I don't think your IP can be tracked I tried to check my all transactions on the explorer but it shows different IP.
Based on what I understand from the transactions the IP came from the peers or nodes where your wallet is connected to so there is a possibility that they can track your IP if the owner of the peer/nodes has IP records.

So if you want to protect your IP then you can set up your wallet to tor setup. Electrum and Bitcoin core has these features.

Sir please I don't understand all the abbreviations and how to use the Tor is what I don't know

Would you mind to tell us what wallet you currently using?
If you are connecting to your wallet directly, your ISP can be able to know your IP as they are the one that give you. Central servers can know the IP addresses that you are using to connect you your SPV wallet. Central servers can also link your wallet addresses used in transactions together.

So if you are using IP address for connection, you can be linked to your real identity.

For privacy, you need to use a full client wallet like Bitcoin Core using Tor for connection. If you want only just anonymity, use Tor to always connect to SPV wallets.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
If you are connecting to your wallet directly, your ISP can be able to know your IP as they are the one that give you. Central servers can know the IP addresses that you are using to connect you your SPV wallet. Central servers can also link your wallet addresses used in transactions together.

So if you are using IP address for connection, you can be linked to your real identity.

For privacy, you need to use a full client wallet like Bitcoin Core using Tor for connection. If you want only just anonymity, use Tor to always connect to SPV wallets.
I am just so conciouse about Bitcoin security because my country is not a Bitcoin friendly place, so I just want to be awear, is it possible for any agency to use Bitcoin wallet transaction and track a persons IP to know their location?
Pages:
Jump to: