Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoins kill Central Banks? - page 7. (Read 1736 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
May 03, 2021, 12:53:14 PM
Apart from being operated base on different framework. CBN is tasked with providing policies and regulations of financial operation in a country so I do not think CBN can be killed by crypto but rather the CBN will continue to make policies that guide and protect financial establishment and always fight to come combat the dominance of crypto. This is what is happening in many countries today e.g. Nigeria
Activity: 2394
Merit: 454
May 03, 2021, 10:56:23 AM
The answer is definitely and absolutely, no. Bitcoin can never kill the banks because first of all, banks play a unique role that bitcoin can't offer. Banks existed long ago until today for a reason. It isn't something that you can just abolish because there's something that you see that has a potential to do almost same functions.

Secondly, banks are centralized. They are controlled and handled by the government. And knowing how the government works, it won't allow any other organization or institution to take over and ruin what they have already established.

Let's stop insisting war and competition between the two aforementioned organizations. They have their specific purposes. Both serve as an alternative option one way or another to the majority. Without the banks, economy will most likely suffer. Without the bitcoin community, people would lose platform/medium to generate income and/or to invest with.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 02, 2021, 04:43:31 AM
Central banks will remain for financial regulations, but the commercial banks that fail to adopt cryptocurrency in the future will be bought over by FINTECH firms that deals on cryptocurrencies. We need to understand that money is an evolution and that fiat has failed the world hence a clamor for a better money.

At the initial stage both the central banks and Bitcoin will co-exists. This means that fiat and bitcoin will be used side by side. When people began to use more bitcoin and crypto, then the fiat transaction will become less and the role of banks at that time will become limited. Slowly the banks will began to shutdown and eventually there will be no banks and no fiat currencies.
Activity: 560
Merit: 26
May 02, 2021, 04:34:21 AM
Bitcoin is a digital asset controlled by a decentralized economy. On the contrary fiats controlled by the central banks are centralized. Both are running two parallel economy with different mode of operation so in that vibe I don't believe bitcoin can kill central banks block chain gets its value from fiat currency whioe fiat doesn't need crypto to maintain its value although its price can be slightly affected by cryptocurrency.

It depends in some regions. I know of a region where dollar isn't sustainable for the economy. The importers need $$ to bring in goods from foreign countries but the central bank could not cater for its people, now its people need to sort for alternative and that's why they are all going to search for $$ in black market.

The above action has now led their fiat become useless and many has swap their assets into crypto as hedge against inflation. Now, you can see where Fiat depends on crypto.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
May 01, 2021, 03:31:39 PM
The answer is simple - no, bitcoin will not kill banks!
Why? Because governments will never allow an uncontrolled entity to replace a government-controlled, formal payment mechanism. The only thing that bitcoin, as a technology, can influence, is to push banks to use part of blockchain technologies in banking technologies.

Governments can try to curb BTC p2p transactions but they won't fully limit it.

The best they can hope for is overload BTC with regulations (limiting trade directly, no anonymous trade, taxing BTC at a high rate). Even then, people would still trade.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/turkey-bans-use-cryptocurrencies-payments-sends-bitcoin-down-2021-04-16/

You see this a lot with authoritarian like governments. They view BTC as a threat and attempt to kill it. But does anyone really believe they succeeded?

The state will not play high-tech "races" to restrict the bitcoin protocol. Everything is simpler - withdrawal to cards - only at certified exchanges, certified exchanges have many regulations - from monitoring transactions to preventive tax withholding when withdrawing to a card, plus - creeps will not give the status of a means of payment. And that's it! You can't buy for the cue ball, if you want to buy, withdraw it through the exchange, pay taxes, no question.
Yes, there will be some "manual" deals or "black" schemes, but it will not be a mass product, well, at least because it will be illegal and it will be a criminal article. Neither the state nor the banks are interested in losing control over finances! And what is important - they have methods of influencing or regulating this issue.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
May 01, 2021, 01:52:14 PM
Why? Because governments will never allow an uncontrolled entity to replace a government-controlled, formal payment mechanism. The only thing that bitcoin, as a technology, can influence, is to push banks to use part of blockchain technologies in banking technologies.

Governments can try to curb BTC p2p transactions but they won't fully limit it.

The best they can hope for is overload BTC with regulations (limiting trade directly, no anonymous trade, taxing BTC at a high rate). Even then, people would still trade.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/turkey-bans-use-cryptocurrencies-payments-sends-bitcoin-down-2021-04-16/

You see this a lot with authoritarian like governments. They view BTC as a threat and attempt to kill it. But does anyone really believe they succeeded?
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 120
Gamdom
May 01, 2021, 01:27:25 PM
No, it can't occur. Bitcoin is in its position and the bank is in its position. Paper currency in banks and virtual currency in bitcoin. I don’t believe Bitcoin has appeared to kill the central bank. The setting of the central bank will not be competent to take it. The government is deeply engaged with the central bank, and the government is not legalizing bitcoin. So there is no explanation for this impression or term.
Activity: 845
Merit: 52
April 27, 2021, 05:31:19 PM
Central banks will remain for financial regulations, but the commercial banks that fail to adopt cryptocurrency in the future will be bought over by FINTECH firms that deals on cryptocurrencies. We need to understand that money is an evolution and that fiat has failed the world hence a clamor for a better money.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 27, 2021, 11:09:01 AM
Bitcoin is a virtual currency that uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or institutions like Banks. By its very own definition, Bitcoin sounds well positioned to kill central banks. Could it?
Bitcoin is still viable in my opinion, as it has undermined old and outdated central banking technologies.  Bitcoin is not stagnant, unregulated, has no symptoms of system maintenance, no complicated voting papers, payment authorization, sec, collection authorization ... etc, cumbersome,  lax control, not clear.  No one can deny, the birth and existence of bitcoin is a threat to the rudimentary technology of banks.  When asked, where would you choose to preserve your assets, gold, bank or bitcoin?  As a loyal citizen, I will choose bitcoin!
Personally, I don't think so.  10% rate so that bitcoin can completely replace banks.  Central banks still win the people's confidence, in other aspects, banks also have certain advantages.  Banks need to exist in the world as a form to "balance" life, economy and society.  Anyway, the bank still has provisions on the authorization for the inheritance of assets.  Bitcoin will have a way of coexisting with banks to increase liquidity.
At least until the world has a common currency.  All internal currency will be deleted completely.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
April 27, 2021, 11:04:02 AM
No one can deny, the birth and existence of bitcoin is a threat to the rudimentary technology of banks.  When asked, where would you choose to preserve your assets, gold, bank or bitcoin?  As a loyal citizen, I will choose bitcoin!
Yeah, banks are slowly turning as old technology as they are not as competitive as what new payment systems are offering to ensure all the demands of common people. When something is outdated then we cannot expect that to survive, time will washout such things. This is what exactly going to happen with traditional banks but probably it may take centuries of time as bitcoin needs same kind of time to reach most people of this world's population.

Bitcoin may not kill banks but will make them outdated and noncompetitive. But in near future, both will co-exist and serve humankind.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
April 27, 2021, 09:02:58 AM
Bitcoin does not die because the central banks because the right to print money are theirs, and they are responsible for regulating their own economy. If we look closely, we only see that Bitcoin serves only a small part of the exchange, circulation of money and goods. So it can be said that Bitcoin cannot kill banks.
Bitcoin is simply changing economists' minds about money. Currently, countries like China, the US or the UK are researching blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and in the future they will create their own cryptocurrencies.
Banks have many functions such as lending, saving money, paying, extending, paying taxes, ... Cryptocurrencies are just trying to create financial products like a bank. Cryptocurrencies are fast-paced, but they won't be widely recognized or circulated more often than banks.
Activity: 784
Merit: 108
April 26, 2021, 10:49:45 PM
Bitcoin is a virtual currency that uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or institutions like Banks. By its very own definition, Bitcoin sounds well positioned to kill central banks. Could it?
Bitcoin is still viable in my opinion, as it has undermined old and outdated central banking technologies.  Bitcoin is not stagnant, unregulated, has no symptoms of system maintenance, no complicated voting papers, payment authorization, sec, collection authorization ... etc, cumbersome,  lax control, not clear.  No one can deny, the birth and existence of bitcoin is a threat to the rudimentary technology of banks.  When asked, where would you choose to preserve your assets, gold, bank or bitcoin?  As a loyal citizen, I will choose bitcoin!
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
April 26, 2021, 07:50:14 PM
Crypto may agitate for change but its not the cause or weapon used to end anything, I dont see it as violent or aggressive as that.   There is still much development and usage that must occur, the majority of people still dont have a clue I reckon and you can fault the system for that or the people perhaps but not everyone grew up with a computer so I blame ease of use as still being not good enough but its a shared problem.
   Central banks have been rotting inside out from before the 70's  we are well past half a century of failure at this point and its not crypto's fault or the internet or any persons.   Most systems will fail, if anything crypto is the saviour for what is inevitable anyway; it is the life raft not the torpedo.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
April 26, 2021, 06:44:56 PM
But nothing bad came out yet, sure china keeps banning crypto in talks, there were few other nations like Nigeria and India as the biggest examples but the reality is that most of the world is keep going into crypto more and more all the time and that is why I think it is obvious nobody is doing anything bad for crypto, they could but they are not doing it which is a good news.
Excuse me, but please let's not confuse "going into crypto" and " use crypto more and more" Wink Otherwise, we really go to verbal constructions like "bitcoin kills central banks", which have nothing to do with reality. I think that after some time, even those countries that are now trying to ban cryptocurrencies will change their attitude to a more favorable one when they see how other countries successfully interact with bitcoin for the benefit of their economy, but there is no question of any "killing" of central banks by bitcoin, because this is a matter of state management of the economy and central banks are an important part for this.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
April 26, 2021, 05:22:26 PM
And what is the point of such steps? Banks can simply prohibit operations with exchange accounts, thereby effectively stopping the operation of converting crypto to fiat. This means that the majority of crypto users will not be able to make purchases for fiat. There are very few points of sale for crypto now, and they definitely do not cover even 1% of the needs of the population.
Ninado no spending, no negotiation. Just blocking accounts. Or they will make an even more interesting option - withdrawal to fiat will be possible through trusted banks, which will preemptively remove tax from the withdrawn amount Smiley
Well, the question about the Chinese miners, who are monopolists today - do you think they will actually negotiate, where the result will be a drop in the price of the cue ball? Moreover, this is China - a country with a rather specific policy, and its own interests
I do not mean that they will do it, or they should, I just mean that if they wanted to, they could have done that. If anything this is a good example, banks not allowing exchanges, governments working with miners, I am sure if we wanted to find a way, we could find a way to make sure bitcoin is under 1000 dollars again given the proper power to us, and we could make it 1+ million dollars as well, all depends on who is in charge and what type of laws they do in regards to crypto.

But nothing bad came out yet, sure china keeps banning crypto in talks, there were few other nations like Nigeria and India as the biggest examples but the reality is that most of the world is keep going into crypto more and more all the time and that is why I think it is obvious nobody is doing anything bad for crypto, they could but they are not doing it which is a good news.

Thanks for the clarification, perhaps I missed the emphasis of the idea expressed by you. In this context, I agree with you!
But if we talk about China - on the one hand, they prohibit cryptocurrencies, on the other hand, they have in their hands, in fact, monopoly ownership of the world's bitcoin mining, and I suppose - not just like that, but for certain, controlled, processes, influence
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
April 26, 2021, 04:36:55 PM
And what is the point of such steps? Banks can simply prohibit operations with exchange accounts, thereby effectively stopping the operation of converting crypto to fiat. This means that the majority of crypto users will not be able to make purchases for fiat. There are very few points of sale for crypto now, and they definitely do not cover even 1% of the needs of the population.
Ninado no spending, no negotiation. Just blocking accounts. Or they will make an even more interesting option - withdrawal to fiat will be possible through trusted banks, which will preemptively remove tax from the withdrawn amount Smiley
Well, the question about the Chinese miners, who are monopolists today - do you think they will actually negotiate, where the result will be a drop in the price of the cue ball? Moreover, this is China - a country with a rather specific policy, and its own interests
I do not mean that they will do it, or they should, I just mean that if they wanted to, they could have done that. If anything this is a good example, banks not allowing exchanges, governments working with miners, I am sure if we wanted to find a way, we could find a way to make sure bitcoin is under 1000 dollars again given the proper power to us, and we could make it 1+ million dollars as well, all depends on who is in charge and what type of laws they do in regards to crypto.

Activity: 1988
Merit: 322
April 26, 2021, 04:11:59 PM
If enough people use bitcoin for their daily transactions, then central banks with their fiat currencies will lose their power over the economy. Soon after that people will be flocking in to buy cryptocurrencies because FOMO will be too much for them to take in. Banks will collapse as they won't have any relevance and fight if the enemy is literally decentralized currency. This will also boost the price of bitcoin, but at the same time will amp the transaction time and fee. So there are pros and cons in this kind of scenario coming into fruition.
I don’t know about this, but can’t really imagine there would be a  time that people will switch fully from making use of fiat to making use of BITCOIN. That’s not going to happen, the only thing that will happen to bitcoin is having a huge rate of adoption and for sure it will be used for a lot of transactions more than it’s being done (and I pray it is able to handle a high level of usage than now), but as for replacing central banks, I don’t think that’s going to happen, you’re still going to have so many needs to make use of fiat. They are both going to be playing their part.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
April 26, 2021, 02:23:53 PM
On this note, I agree so well, bitcoin can never replace banks which is centralised and easily taxable by government for revenue generation.  No matter what truth or advantage it brings,  the government would always be blind to those deliberately.
This is the most plausible answer. At the moment governments hold all the power of the people. We are not ready for a regime change. But one day in the future this could happen. If enough people demand a change that the politicians need to react. While central banks who print money each year worked for many years, it doesn't mean it will be going to stay like this. We just need to work together to change the system.
I don't agree so well with this one. There is no way the banks are going away so long as we are still governed by a political body. They benefit from the system and as such, they have it to exploit.

On the part of the government holding all the power, I seriously doubt that. In this system of decentralisation even as it is not accepted by governments of the world, the power is clearly with the community as it should. This is observed in the nations that outlawed cryptos, citizens still traded it individually and government had little or nothing to do about it.

Your points are valid and I don't think even the community will totally accept crypto in replacement of fiat.
It has been this way for centuries, and changing the current system will not be too easy.
Crypto can co-exist but will not replace the fiat system, even in the years to come.
Why is it that some people really think that crypto can totally replace Central Banks?
Do they have some rationale why they are thinking that way? Or just a wishful thinking?
Activity: 1288
Merit: 504
April 26, 2021, 02:13:48 PM
On this note, I agree so well, bitcoin can never replace banks which is centralised and easily taxable by government for revenue generation.  No matter what truth or advantage it brings,  the government would always be blind to those deliberately.
This is the most plausible answer. At the moment governments hold all the power of the people. We are not ready for a regime change. But one day in the future this could happen. If enough people demand a change that the politicians need to react. While central banks who print money each year worked for many years, it doesn't mean it will be going to stay like this. We just need to work together to change the system.
I don't agree so well with this one. There is no way the banks are going away so long as we are still governed by a political body. They benefit from the system and as such, they have it to exploit.

On the part of the government holding all the power, I seriously doubt that. In this system of decentralisation even as it is not accepted by governments of the world, the power is clearly with the community as it should. This is observed in the nations that outlawed cryptos, citizens still traded it individually and government had little or nothing to do about it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 23
April 26, 2021, 02:12:00 PM
Bitcoin is a digital asset controlled by a decentralized economy. On the contrary fiats controlled by the central banks are centralized. Both are running two parallel economy with different mode of operation so in that vibe I don't believe bitcoin can kill central banks block chain gets its value from fiat currency whioe fiat doesn't need crypto to maintain its value although its price can be slightly affected by cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: